Plugin Contributions

Default Issue w/ Customer Account Create DOB / Date of Birth Pulldown Mod

Hey, everyone.....

I was modding up my cart.

I installed

captcha-number-subject-combo-in-one-1.0

last night.

(Yes; I DID back up everything first!! :)

It worked. Perfectly.

I then added the

drop_down_date_of_birth_support_1-3-7

and it worked. (Or at least SEEMED to!)

(I am not sure if I thoroughlly checked! The dropdown menu DID display, that much I am sure of)

I then added the

how_did_you_hear_about_us_138arev2

mod and then tried creating a new account.

The DOB pulldown seemed to work, and even instructed me in a popup box to select a field, if one was not selected.

But with all 3 fields selected, once the cart received the data, a red bar appeared stating, "Your date of birth must be entered in this format: MM/DD/YYYY (eg 05/21/1970)

OK. I then disabled the pulldown menu, and
    when I first reloaded the 'create an account page',

0001-01-01 00:00

appears in the dob blank.

I am guessing that the mod is outputting the date in THIS format....or something.

I then disabled (and removed the files for) the referral mod (which was working perfectly) but the DOB pulldown still didn't work.

Did I, in fact, forget to check, and the dob pulldown is having a conflict with the captcha mod?

I know all three mods share common files, and I used WinMerge to check. Everything is where it should be; I did not mess up in merging the data.

Anyone familiar with this / these mods, please let me know if you know anything further.

Thank you, Donn

ZC 1.3.8A Other mods: none
    Last edited by Donn; 17 Feb 2009 at 03:03 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Issue w/ Customer Account Create DOB / Date of Birth Pulldown Mod

In case this helps...

In the english.php file, the following is added for the dob pulldown menu:
    Code:
    //define('DOB_FORMAT_STRING', 'mm/dd/yyyy'); // 'mm/dd/yyyy' or 'dd/mm/yyyy' - already defined, for reference only
    define('ENTRY_DATE_OF_BIRTH_ERROR', 'Your Date of Birth must be entered in this format: MM/DD/YYYY (eg 05/21/1970)');  // JTD - modified for drop down DOB support
    define('ENTRY_DATE_OF_BIRTH_MONTH_ERROR', 'Please select the month of your birth from the birth month pulldown menu.'); // JTD - added for drop down DOB support
    define('ENTRY_DATE_OF_BIRTH_DAY_ERROR', 'Please select the day of your birth from the birth day pulldown menu.'); // JTD - added for drop down DOB support
    define('ENTRY_DATE_OF_BIRTH_YEAR_ERROR', 'Please select the year of your birth from the birth year pulldown menu.');   // JTD - added for drop down DOB support
    define('ENTRY_DATE_OF_BIRTH_TEXT', '* (' . DOB_FORMAT_STRING . ')'); // JTD - modified for drop down DOB support
    define('ENTRY_DATE_OF_BIRTH_POPUP_TEXT', '*'); // JTD - added for drop down DOB support
    I noticed that the error message that I was getting, that I *thought* was a standard ZC error message, was actually added as part of the add-on module.

OK, don't know if that helps...

Plugin Contributions

OK.....

I went back and started fresh with a backup of the cart, as well as a backup of the database.

With JUST the captcha module installed, I added the files for the DOB pulldown again.

Still, same problem. So it isn't the referral module confilcting.

I had failed to place two of the files in proper folders (YOUR_TEMPLATE) during my prior attempt at this a few days ago, because the folders were labeled 'WishMagic' in the download archive.

First time around, I simply made a folder wit that name.

This time, I merged the correct files, and put them in the correct places, but still no working DOB pulldown.

The dob pulldown displays correctly when set ON in admin.

The pulldown option does shut off via the admin controls, also....

And the form_Check.js file seems to be the file that tells the user to select options from the pulldown when none are selected - that works, too.

So which file is NOT working?? Why is my ZC not accepting entires with the DOB pulldown menu??

Donn
    Last edited by Donn; 18 Feb 2009 at 05:47 PM.

Plugin Contributions

modules/YOUR_TEMPLATE/create_account.php (altered for DOB pulldown)

Line 52

Code:
     if (ACCOUNT_DOB == 'true') $dob = (empty($_POST['dob']) ? zen_db_prepare_input('0001-01-01 00:00:00') : zen_db_prepare_input($_POST['dob']));
    So here is where the '0001-01-01 00:00:00' string of text is coming from.

I'm looking over the code, and have a vague understanding....

Plugin Contributions

From

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77222

Zen Cart Support > Customizing the Look of Your Shop > Page Layout Changes

can " “date of Birth” field in the registration form to be three drop down boxes "???
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow1912
    "...Re: can " “date of Birth” field in the registration form to be three drop down boxes
    If you just want it for the registration page only, it's not hard to do. Basically you will have to re-write the code to display the 3 drop boxes, then you will then have to combine that 3 values into 1 single value and copy that to the $_POST filed that Zen uses (normally). This has to be done BEFORE anything. Then Zen should take care of the rest for you.

Regards
    OK, this makes sense.

It seems that the 3 values are not being combined and /or outputted properly. Does anyone know what file is responsible for this?

ZC is checking, and finding that the date is NOT in a proper format....so for some reason this module is not outputting the data in a format that $_POST will accept.

I am stumped. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
    Donn

PS - I failed to mentiion...the create_account works fine if I use the standard text entry DOB...

Plugin Contributions

SOLVED!

Thanks to another user on this forum!!

(check out below post for more info)

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...=35623&page=22

What was wrong???

There were TWO create_account.php files.

I had been altering the one in the default folder, while the one in YOUR_TEMPLATE was overriding.

Why did Captcha work? I did the alterations in the CORRECT folder for that module!!

So....simple solution.......!