Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    Plugin Contributions

Okay Tobias,

Tell me what version of OS etc. you are using, give me detailed step-by step instructions about what you are doing and I will see if I can help you. Be sure to install phpBB first and then Zen cart, be sure to also use the same mysql database - using different prefixes (phpbb_ and zen_).

Let me know how you get on. I am going to New Zealand in 10 days so will not be available for a week after then (just in case my correspondence goes silent).

Cheers

Scott :)
    http://www.crazycolour.com/p2 - PRINCE2 Project Management training courses.
    http://www.crazycolour.com/itil - ITIL training courses.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Originally posted by Ripper@Feb 15 2006, 12:04 PM
    Actually, according to a few people (no documentation, but lots of people having the same problem) the PHPBB integration does not seem to be working with the latest update (1.2.7) of Zen Cart and PHPBB. I'm not sure which side is causing the problem, however. I noticed it only when users started complaining, but I had altered my PHPBB registrations to route through the Zen Cart registration so my users had absolutely no way to register for PHPBB directly. If you're not concerned with new PHPBB users getting added through the Zen Cart registration process, then it shouldn't matter how you set up your forum as long as you add the correct paths in the configuration area. I'm not exactly sure how you'd add a subdomain to the relative path though, but then again it's been a long time since I used subdomains.
    Ripper, it appears that your problems stem from 2 or 3 sources:
    - something done during your upgrade to v1.2.7
    - something you've done to change the integration behaviour to share sessions (didn't you say sometime back that you were trying to prevent the need for double-login?)
    - perhaps also related to your database setup.... are your phpBB tables in the same database as your Zen Cart tables? If not, then something may be awry with your database-connection code.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

No, my PHPBB and Zen cart are not in the same database. They never were. They still always worked.

I gave up on the integration because I couldn't get it to work... The sessions kept kicking each other out on the same page. I removed all of the code that was causing the problem. The logins still worked during that entire time, it just kept throwing "headers already sent" and a few other errors on the site home page, which has nothing to do with either the cart or the forum.

I tried switching back to the default template for the cart to see if my template edits were causing the problem. It still didn't work. My template shows the "forum nickname" box on the login page. Everything seems to work until you check the forum for the new user, which isn't there.

As I said earlier, I have the same cart with the same custom template on a backup server without the latest updates, but with the latest PHPBB and it still works perfectly. I've gone line-by-line looking for errors, but couldn't see anything.

I may try a fresh install of both the cart and the forum on the same site to see if it's in the database (I'll try switching between the old and new databases to see if there are any differences, I have an unlimited amopunt of databases on my server). This is the only site where it matters. The rest don't matter at all (in fact, more than one site only has the cart, no forum).

I'll update if and when I figure this out.
    Ripper
    Oz Website Services
    www.oz-web.net

Plugin Contributions

Here's the solution, I think...

Make sure that your phpbb config file is in this exact format (no additional lines, spaces, tabs, ...etc anywhere):

Code:
    <?php

$dbms = 'xxxxx';
    $dbhost  = 'xxxx';
    $dbname  = 'xxxxx';
    $dbuser  = 'xxxxx';
    $dbpasswd = 'xxxxx';
    $table_prefix = 'xxxxx';
    define ( 'PHPBB_INSTALLED' , TRUE );

?>
    Your version of config.php file may have unnecessary tabs or spaces in the beginning of each line. Get rid of those!

Plugin Contributions

What exactly does linking the Phpbb boards to the Zencart do?

Plugin Contributions

Originally posted by Ripper@Apr 10 2006, 01:49 AM
    OK,
    I finally have a solution to this. It's so easy, I should kick myself. You need to edit the PHPBB config.php file to this and nothing else:

Code:
    <?php
    $dbms = 'mysql';
    $dbhost ## = 'localhost';
    $dbname ## = 'XXXXX' ##;
    $dbuser ## = 'YYYYYY';
    $dbpasswd = 'ZZZZZ';
    $table_prefix = 'phpbb_';
    define ( 'PHPBB_INSTALLED' , TRUE );
    ?>
    Nothing before the first <? nothing after the last ?>
    Ghazi Posted on Apr 28 2006, 08:06 PM
    Here&#39;s the solution, I think...

Make sure that your phpbb config file is in this exact format (no additional lines, spaces, tabs, ...etc anywhere):

I tried that. It didn&#39;t solve the problem.
    Ripper
    Oz Website Services
    www.oz-web.net

Plugin Contributions

Originally posted by DarkShadow316@May 5 2006, 07:31 PM
    What exactly does linking the Phpbb boards to the Zencart do?
    What it does, normally, is add the user who just registered for the cat to the forum database as well. When it works, it&#39;s great. I used to funnel all forum registratons through the cart registration page on one site, simply for the reason that the forum was only for cart customers. I have tried several different methods to make it work since the latest update and I cannot do so. When I get some (hahahahahahah) free time, I&#39;m going to try a few more things, but I&#39;m so busy, I can&#39;t get to it right now.
    Ripper
    Oz Website Services
    www.oz-web.net

Ive downloaded it and I&#39;ve now got a page asking for intallation deltials - I&#39;m lost&#33;

Cant find the configure file for love nor money??

Here&#39;s the stirng if aoyne interested - would also loke some feedback on my site if anyone cares
    &quot; ..What goes around comes around &quot;

S*** the spellings gone South - its way tooo late - - - But would appreciate ANY help&#33;&#33; ::tup
    &quot; ..What goes around comes around &quot;

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617