Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Well, the cart and the forum do not share a login. The cart uses your e-mail address as the username and the forum uses a userId as the username. Perhaps in a later version, they could change that? There are ways to do it, but you'd need to write a patch unless there is one out there already.
    You could append the cart login page to grab the forum userId associated with the e-mail address in the PHPBB database (providing they used the same e-mail address for the cart and the forum) and add the PHPBB login script to automatically log the user in to the forum at the same time, but there are session issues which I am about to ask about myself in another reply.
    Ripper
    Oz Website Services
    www.oz-web.net

Plugin Contributions

Speaking of sessions......

I have a site with both PHPBB and Zen Cart. I want to add elements of both the cart AND the forum onto the home page of the site.
    I can get either to work, but not both because I keep getting session eroors. Is there a way to append the sessions so they work together instead of fighting each other?
    I can add append_session() to the forum links, but it throws errors when I login to the cart first. If I try to use an existing session within either the cart or the forum, I get session errors.

Here's my problem...
    I have the "New Products" box from the cart on the home page of the site. I also have a login box for the cart and one for the forum on the home page.

I want to have the forum login box go away when the visitor is already logged in to the forum, replaced by a link to the forum instead. If I remove the includes that make the "New Products" box work, the forum login script works fine. If I leave in the cart includes, I get "Headers Cannot be sent" several times and "Session already exists" errors in functions.php from the cart folder showing up on the home page.
    If I disable the forum login detect script, all of the errors go away, even with the new products showing on the home page. I also get some weird links to the forum unless I use an absolute path. For some reason, the cart takes over my links to the rest of the site. I can fix that problem everywhere but the forum login box. That's not important though. I can work around that one.
    Ripper
    Oz Website Services
    www.oz-web.net

Plugin Contributions

I tried to activate it and nothing shows either below is the configure.php

Code:
    <?php
    //
    // +----------------------------------------------------------------------+
    // |Zen Cart Open Source E-commerce                    |
    // | Copyright (c) 2004 The Zen Cart developers              |
    // |                                   |
    // | http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php                  |
    // |                                   |
    // | Portions Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce                |
    // | This source file is subject to version 2.0 of the GPL license,    |
    // | that is bundled with this package in the file LICENSE, and is    |
    // | available through the world-wide-web at the following url:      |
    // | http://www.zen-cart.com/license/2_0.txt.               |
    // | If you did not receive a copy of the Zen Cart license and are unable |
    // | to obtain it through the world-wide-web, please send a note to    |
    // | license AT zen-cart DOT com so we can mail you a copy immediately.     |
    //

// Define the webserver and path parameters
     // Main webserver: eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
     define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.ritron.us');
     // Secure webserver: eg, https://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
     define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://ritron.us');
     // secure webserver for checkout procedure?
     define('ENABLE_SSL', 'true');

// NOTE: be sure to leave the trailing '/' at the end of these lines if you make changes!
    // * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)
     // these paths are relative to top of your webspace ... (ie: under the public_html or httpdocs folder)
     define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/');
     define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/');

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
     define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
     define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
     define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
     define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
     define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
     define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');
     define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'pub/');
     define('DIR_WS_BLOCKS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'blocks/');
     define('DIR_WS_TEMPLATES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'templates/');

define('DIR_WS_PHPBB', '/home/ritron/public_html/phpbb2/');

// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)
     //the following path is a COMPLETE path to your Zen Cart files. eg: /var/www/vhost/accountname/public_html/store/
     define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/ritron/public_html/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');
     define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');
     define('DIR_WS_UPLOADS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'uploads/');
     define('DIR_FS_UPLOADS', DIR_FS_CATALOG . DIR_WS_UPLOADS);
     define('DIR_FS_EMAIL_TEMPLATES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'email/');

// define our database connection
     define('DB_TYPE', 'mysql');
     define('DB_PREFIX', 'ritron_');
     define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost'); // eg, localhost - should not be empty
     define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'ritron');
     define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', '');
     define('DB_DATABASE', 'ritron_store');
     define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false'); // use persistent connections?
     define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'db'); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'db'

// The next 2 "defines" are for SQL cache support.
     // For SQL_CACHE_METHOD, you can select from: none, database, or file
     // If you choose "file", then you need to set the DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE to a directory where your apache 
     // or webserver user has write privileges (chmod 666 or 777). We recommend using the "cache" folder inside the Zen Cart folder
     // ie: /path/to/your/webspace/public_html/zen/cache  -- leave no trailing slash 
     define('SQL_CACHE_METHOD', 'database'); 
     define('DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE', '/home/ritron/public_html/cache');

?>
    and it is activated in admin, whay else is left? I read this whole forum and nothing but same ole things I have already tried
    PCI Certified Web Hosting - ControlScan, Security Metrics (Platinum Partner), McAfee, TrustKeeper
    Business Class Web Hosting - Linux and cPanel Powered

Plugin Contributions

Have you made template changes?

Try reverting back to the default template or choose one that you have not modified. See if the forum links work then. If they do, the problem is in your template. If they don't it's in the installation. It's a start...
    Ripper
    Oz Website Services
    www.oz-web.net

Plugin Contributions

Originally posted by Ripper@Jan 12 2006, 04:42 PM
    Speaking of sessions......

I have a site with both PHPBB and Zen Cart. I want to add elements of both the cart AND the forum onto the home page of the site.
    I can get either to work, but not both because I keep getting session eroors. Is there a way to append the sessions so they work together instead of fighting each other?
    I can add append_session() to the forum links, but it throws errors when I login to the cart first. If I try to use an existing session within either the cart or the forum, I get session errors.

Here's my problem...
    I have the "New Products" box from the cart on the home page of the site. I also have a login box for the cart and one for the forum on the home page.

I want to have the forum login box go away when the visitor is already logged in to the forum, replaced by a link to the forum instead. If I remove the includes that make the "New Products" box work, the forum login script works fine. If I leave in the cart includes, I get "Headers Cannot be sent" several times and "Session already exists" errors in functions.php from the cart folder showing up on the home page.
    If I disable the forum login detect script, all of the errors go away, even with the new products showing on the home page. I also get some weird links to the forum unless I use an absolute path. For some reason, the cart takes over my links to the rest of the site. I can fix that problem everywhere but the forum login box. That's not important though. I can work around that one.
    No ideas on this?
    I can't be the only one trying to integrate PHPBB and Zen Cart onto another page, can I?
    Ripper
    Oz Website Services
    www.oz-web.net

Plugin Contributions

No your not, the creator of the module isnt anwsering emails or forum posts, there is another part of the install instructions that he did not include with the file, I have tried many times contacting him on his site and here, but no answer.
    No clue what do.
    Lost cause I guess

there is a module in the downloads that iframes phpbb into your cart!!
    But everything isnt there
    PCI Certified Web Hosting - ControlScan, Security Metrics (Platinum Partner), McAfee, TrustKeeper

Plugin Contributions

I tiried that i-frame mod. It didn't work for me. The built-in integration works fine for what it is supposed to do, if everything is set up properly (as we've seen here, it isn't always easy though). I'm trying to make it do something neither system was designed to do. I was going to explore joining the databases, but it seems like alot of work just to get one little login box to work properly. I've looked into appending both sessions, but the sessions are written differently, so one kicks the other off, no matter which way you try to go. I'm not that skilled at sessions yet, but I have a feeling I'm going to be an expert by the time I'm done figuring this out.
    Ripper
    Oz Website Services
    www.oz-web.net

Plugin Contributions

When you go to your forums does another window open?
    What exactly do you mean integrated?
    Database or into the cart itself?

Plugin Contributions

Originally posted by Ripper@Dec 22 2005, 04:34 PM
    That's weird.
    I'd make the link a static link, for now until a solution can be worked out.
    Comment out all of the PHPBB lines in cart/includes/modules/YOUR_TEMPLATE/sideboxes/information.php (should be lines 28-32) and add this under them
    Code:
     $information[] = '<a href="path_to_forum/index.php">Forum</a>';
    Hi There

I'm just starting out on my Zencart customisation and I have got this exact same problem

I've changed it to a static link too. I spent some time reading the forums but cannot find another solution .. it may have passed me by so if anyone knows different please could you give me a shove in the right direction

Thanks
    Marcus

Plugin Contributions

I've attempted to insert this address:

http://virt-mart.frtpg.biz/phpBB/

Nothing happens. When I go back to the Zen Config file. My edits do not show up?

Here's my Cart: http://virt-mart.frtpg.biz/

Thx!

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast