Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

While I'm asking....
    I have a guestbook page I would like to add to the navigation. I edited the sidebox and the page opens fine, but I'd like it to open in the cart main page area. I know, I should research how to do this on my own, but there are so many pages with so much inter-connected data... it's easier to have someone say "look in this folder on this page and add this code here".....

Thanks for being so helpful.
    Ripper
    Oz Website Services
    www.oz-web.net

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Originally posted by Ripper@Jul 25 2005, 04:58 PM
    While I'm asking....
    I have a guestbook page I would like to add to the navigation. I edited the sidebox and the page opens fine, but I'd like it to open in the cart main page area. I know, I should research how to do this on my own, but there are so many pages with so much inter-connected data... it's easier to have someone say "look in this folder on this page and add this code here".....

Thanks for being so helpful.
    Please take non-phpBB questions to another topic ...

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

OK, I have a PHPBB question. Is there a way to add current PHPBB usernames to new cart customers? I know the PHPBB login doesn't require address information, etc... but I'd like to know if there's an option to somehow assign a current PHPBB user ID to a new cart customer. I've had several requests for this and for now the only way I could figure out how to do it would be to go into the database and change the ID there. I haven't tried that yet either, so if it can't be done that way without causing problems, please tell me.
    Ripper
    Oz Website Services
    www.oz-web.net

Plugin Contributions

Sorry, that is not available at this time.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

OK.
    Thanks.
    I have posted an alert on the forum for the site where this request was made to me. For now, I will have to edit the cart and/or forum usernames in the respective database of the existing forum members one at a time once they register for the shopping cart. As long as they used the same password for the forum, then the cart, it should work fine. I've already done a few and it appears to not cause any issues, yet.
    Ripper
    Oz Website Services
    www.oz-web.net

Plugin Contributions

i am having an issue linking to my PHPBB forum

my forum is here:
    http://forum.domain.com

my zen cart instal is here:
    http://shop.domain.com

you see? is there a way to use the absolute path for me forum? or perhaps a better question is how might i cheat to make it work?

Plugin Contributions

Originally posted by jaeger@Aug 22 2005, 08:57 PM
    i am having an issue linking to my PHPBB forum

my forum is here:
    http://forum.domain.com

my zen cart instal is here:
    http://shop.domain.com

you see? is there a way to use the absolute path for me forum? or perhaps a better question is how might i cheat to make it work?
    I don't think you can use the subdomain links for the included forum link. I believe you need to use the actual path to the forum folder on your server, for example home/public_html/forum/

Look at the very first post in this thread, it gives alot more information about how to find your absolute path.

You can also disable the included forum link and make one within one of your side boxes. You can then just include the link back to the cart page as a link within the forum overall header or footer, or you can have the forum open in a new window.
    Ripper
    Oz Website Services
    www.oz-web.net

Plugin Contributions

hello!

I set up the phpbb as per the instructions here, but I'm not getting a forum link nor is there an option to register a phpbb handle during registration.

When I ran the debug this is what I got:

Code:
    dir=/
    link_enabled_admin_status=true
    FAILURE: phpBB NOT activated

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/arena/public_html/sub/includes/classes/sniffer.php:115) in /home/arena/public_html/sub/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 111
    This site is at http://3-darena.com/sub/

Plugin Contributions

Originally posted by Ripper@Jul 25 2005, 08:02 PM
    That is so much easier than the 3rd party download in my case. The cart is going to be the home page for the entire site, so I don't have to worry about linking back through the forum to a specific folder or any of the other concerns. It works perfectly just as it is, with the one target change.
    Thanks again.
    Ripper,
    can you more specific on how did you make it work? I have been strugglinh with Iframe MOD for hours with no luck until I saw your post.

THanks

Plugin Contributions

This seems like the right place to post this. It may be a stupid question, but valid as my experience with such things is limited.

During the install for phpBB2 (this is after my install and month long config of my store) it asks for Database name etc. Should I be creating a new database for phpBB or will it work within the existing database structure I have created for Zencart?

I would hate to screw things up now by overwriting a database table.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast