Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How To Add New Product Fields?

Debbie, you'll want to 'model' your additional language field(s) changes based on those that are in the 'base' Zen Cart for a product's description. Note that I'm using the file structure for zc156; if your store is still on zc155, they might be in different spots.

Affected modules:
    - /admin/includes/modules/product/collect_info.php (create an 'array' of products_features).
    - /admin/includes/modules/product/preview_info.php (display those arrays of information, if applicable, and make sure to record the arrays into a to-be-posted variable for the product's insert/update action.
    - /admin/includes/modules/update_product.php (add the language-specific 'features' on the database insert/update).

Search each file for the use of products_description and mimic the processing for the products_features information. Note that on a product's edit, the language-specific description is pulled from the database via a function (not sure how you've got that set up for the products_features).

Plugin Contributions

Hi lat9

I have had a play tonight and it would work except for on update_product.php where it fails to retain the information.

Ironically I stumbled on a post I wrote on the other thread about 4 years ago where the language tag was causing all the issues (funny how times change). https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....32#post1271232

It seems that all the product fields worthy of a language setup are sitting in the products_desription table. I have tried to add my field to this, but nothing seems to work.

Please advise. :)
    Debbie Harrison
    DVH Design | Web Design blog

Plugin Contributions

Hi

I always appreciate your advice, more so at the moment because anyhting I try just doesn't work.

where I am trying to copy the pattern for products_url and products_description I get error messages.

I tried to add product_features to around line 113 of admin/includs/modules/update_products.php

Code:
    $languages = zen_get_languages();
        for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($languages); $i<$n; $i++) {
          $language_id = $languages[$i]['id'];

$sql_data_array = array('products_name' => zen_db_prepare_input($_POST['products_name'][$language_id]),
                                  'products_description' => zen_db_prepare_input($_POST['products_description'][$language_id]),
                                  'products_features' => zen_db_prepare_input($_POST['products_features'][$language_id]),
                                  'products_url' => zen_db_prepare_input($_POST['products_url'][$language_id]));
    I am assuming this is because the name description and url fields are all in table_products_description as opposed to table_product where my new fields sit.

Please help.
    Last edited by dharrison; 16 Oct 2019 at 12:07 PM. Reason: I can't spell
    Debbie Harrison

Plugin Contributions

Debbie, what errors are you receiving when you try to save that information? The line of inserted code you posted looks good.

How many occurrences of products_features to you find in each of the three changed modules?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dharrison View Post
    Hi

I always appreciate your advice, more so at the moment because anyhting I try just doesn't work.

where I am trying to copy the pattern for products_url and products_description I get error messages.

I tried to add product_features to around line 113 of admin/includs/modules/update_products.php

Code:
    $languages = zen_get_languages();
        for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($languages); $i<$n; $i++) {
          $language_id = $languages[$i]['id'];

$sql_data_array = array('products_name' => zen_db_prepare_input($_POST['products_name'][$language_id]),
                                  'products_description' => zen_db_prepare_input($_POST['products_description'][$language_id]),
                                  'products_features' => zen_db_prepare_input($_POST['products_features'][$language_id]),
                                  'products_url' => zen_db_prepare_input($_POST['products_url'][$language_id]));
    I am assuming this is because the name description and url fields are all in table_products_description as opposed to table_product where my new fields sit.

Please help.
    Was wounding what table structure you was using.. URL's and such that don't need translation can go into the product table our your own table easily enough, product descriptions should have the ability to be translated into other languages. They could go into the products description table our a table you created with a language id.

The code section you posted is using the products_description table.. did you get the posted value.. its at the top of the page..
    Code:
    elseif ((isset($_POST['products_model']) ? $_POST['products_model'] : '') . (isset($_POST['products_url']) ? implode('', $_POST['products_url']) : '') . (isset($_POST['products_name']) ? implode('', $_POST['products_name']) : '') . (isset($_POST['products_description']) ? implode('', $_POST['products_description']) : '') . (isset($_POST['products_features']) ? implode('', $_POST['products_features']) : '') != '') {
    Dave
    Always forward thinking... Lost my mind!

Plugin Contributions

Hi DaveWest

No I didn't get that code at the top of the page. My version of Zencart being used is 1.5.5e if that makes any difference.

It has been suggested (thanks lat9) that I need to add these fields to the table products_description in order to set the language. So will try that and let you know
    Debbie Harrison

Plugin Contributions

Hi DaveWest

No I didn't get that code at the top of the page. My version of Zencart being used is 1.5.5e if that makes any difference.
    Yes... code sample as i'm working in ZC1.5.6, but the line is there simplified in 1.5.5, which is why the suggestion of copy, paste and modify to what you need...
    Dave

Plugin Contributions

Hi Dave & lat9

So far so good, I can add product fields to the products_description and there are now no errors. But when I complete the new fields, update and go back into them, my new product fields are empty.

Debbie Harrison

Plugin Contributions

Hi Dave & lat9

So far so good, I can add product fields to the products_description and there are now no errors. But when I complete the new fields, update and go back into them, my new product fields are empty.

Form process:
    collect_info.php gets the form data inputs which posts to preview_info.php which then has to re-post the data to update_product.php which then saves/updates the sql tables. Look at preview and see if your fields have a hidden form field to pass the data on as products_description does.
    From ZC1.5.5e update_product.php line 151:
    Code:
    echo zen_draw_hidden_field('products_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', htmlspecialchars(stripslashes($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]), ENT_COMPAT, CHARSET, TRUE));
    Dave

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516