Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How To Add New Product Fields?

well, I don't know what's happening with our zen leaders so I've uploaded my mod to my website so that everyone can grab it now. Please, if anyone runs into problems, let me know!

The first extra field is now a textarea that can be used for embedding a YouTube video by the way.

Grab the zip file here

Enjoy!
    The full-time Zen Cart Guru. WizTech4ZC.com

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for working this out! I have a newbie question though -

Once I've added additional fields, I imagine that will break EasyPopulate. Have you worked out how to include the additional fields into the import process?

Plugin Contributions

sorry, no, if I motivated (paid or bored) I'll look into that!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by steve_cooper View Post
    Thanks for working this out! I have a newbie question though -

Once I've added additional fields, I imagine that will break EasyPopulate. Have you worked out how to include the additional fields into the import process?

Good question.....I want to use EasyPopulate as well as the new extra field mod.....I'm working things through on a test Zen-Cart installation till I get everything working right....I'll advise here later after extensive testing.....

Plugin Contributions

I know easy populate won't import those extra fields but nothing has been changed in the other tables so easy populate should still work.

I was talking about adding this into easy populate.

Plugin Contributions

One additional note:

The textarea field for the extra field description will show the editor if you have htmlarea turned on. Turn it off to use the field for youtube video embedding.

That change will come later when I figure out how to turn it off. Ran into this before and have never figured it out!

Plugin Contributions

HJ Lubbe, I believe I know your problem with the duplicate entry error, b/c I ran into the same error. Because the error was on the products_extra_stuff table, it means you've tried to insert multiple entries using the same product_id.

I'm guessing you added more than one custom field. In Step 6, you probably pasted the entire block of code for each extra field. In fact, you only need to do this once and modify the array below, as this gets inserted into the table all at once:

Quote Originally Posted by webego View Post
    $sql_data_array = array('products_colour' => zen_db_prepare_input($_POST['products_colour']));
    i.e. if you have a 2nd field called "dimensions" you would change the array to:

$sql_data_array = array('products_colour' => zen_db_prepare_input($_POST['products_colour']), 'products_dimensions' => zen_db_prepare_input($_POST['products_dimensions']));
    Thanks webego for putting this together. It is very frustrating digging through long forum threads to find step by step instructions as clear as yours. I hope 2.0 has this feature built-in!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by anap View Post
    HJ Lubbe, I believe I know your problem with the duplicate entry error, b/c I ran into the same error. Because the error was on the products_extra_stuff table, it means you've tried to insert multiple entries using the same product_id.

I'm guessing you added more than one custom field. In Step 6, you probably pasted the entire block of code for each extra field. In fact, you only need to do this once and modify the array below, as this gets inserted into the table all at once:

i.e. if you have a 2nd field called "dimensions" you would change the array to:

Thanks webego for putting this together. It is very frustrating digging through long forum threads to find step by step instructions as clear as yours. I hope 2.0 has this feature built-in!

I'm pretty sure there are lots of other things with the original post that need amending for multiple custom fields.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by KES99 View Post
    I'm pretty sure there are lots of other things with the original post that need amending for multiple custom fields.
    Other than the array mentioned above, you just repeat the original steps for each field. You are modifying the SQL calls so just make sure the commas are in the right place.

However I'd like to see some sample PHP/HTML for a custom drop-down list field, perhaps fed by a text file. It is probably not difficult but my PHP skills are very limited. I.e. Shirt size XS S M L XL.

Plugin Contributions

I have a question. I followed all of the steps in the first post and when I go to a product in categories I receive this message:

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /usr/www/users/deleted for privacy/catalog/deleted for privacy/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 29

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /usr/www/users/deleted for privacy/catalog/deleted for privacy/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 30
    Product in Category: "Cards"

I don't know what that means nor what I should do. Any suggestions?

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast