Thread: selling e-books

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default selling e-books

Hi to all zenners. I am trying to set up my store to sell e-books but having real trouble. Are they virtual products or downloads? I have my products set up in the catalog and they look ok. For example i have product 'book A' in catalog and the corresponding file 'book A.pdf' in upload folder. when i try to set up attributes things get messed up in catalog. First the products name gets changed to include .pdf. Second it shows price as 'starting from £? when the price should BE £?. Third i get the message under the image saying download (with radio button instead of dropdown box) adobe pdf. Then i get a box showing 'add to cart' only on first product with 1 already in box which when clicked adds another making 2 of the same product. I also seem to have lost the 'add to cart' box for the other products. Help!!!
    Lee

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: selling e-books

Quote Originally Posted by pensaro1 View Post
    Hi to all zenners. I am trying to set up my store to sell e-books but having real trouble. Are they virtual products or downloads? I have my products set up in the catalog and they look ok. For example i have product 'book A' in catalog and the corresponding file 'book A.pdf' in upload folder. when i try to set up attributes things get messed up in catalog. First the products name gets changed to include .pdf. Second it shows price as 'starting from £? when the price should BE £?. Third i get the message under the image saying download (with radio button instead of dropdown box) adobe pdf. Then i get a box showing 'add to cart' only on first product with 1 already in box which when clicked adds another making 2 of the same product. I also seem to have lost the 'add to cart' box for the other products. Help!!!
    Might be simpler to add pdf/pdfs to zipfiles...

Plugin Contributions

Hi to all zenners. Further to my message of 19 Feb re: selling ebooks; i have managed to set up the attributes properly (i think). Thanks to Misty for making me re-think filenames. However my 'add to cart' boxes are still missing. Can anyone help with that?
    Oldie, not so Newbie now, Lee.
    Lee

Plugin Contributions

My crystal ball not working today.. how about posting url of
    your site so can view setup..

Plugin Contributions

Hi to Misty and others. Re:lost 'add to cart' boxes. My site is www. p e n s a r o.com/store. Hope this helps. Lee.
    Lee

Plugin Contributions

Via admin, then configuration, then my store, then
    store status.. what settings have you there?

Plugin Contributions

Hi to Misty and everyone. Re:lost 'add to cart' boxes. Config>my store> status = 0, normal store. i have tried settings 1 and 2 and then get a box saying 'contact us'. This has really got me puzzled. . Lee.
    Lee

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by pensaro1 View Post
    Hi to Misty and everyone. Re:lost 'add to cart' boxes. Config>my store> status = 0, normal store. i have tried settings 1 and 2 and then get a box saying 'contact us'. This has really got me puzzled. . Lee.
    Have you entered stock quantities for your products?

Plugin Contributions

i have 'check stock level' set at true. Not sure what to set the rest at. As the products are pdf files the stock levels should be endless, shouldn't they? Lee
    Lee

Plugin Contributions

As the products are pdf files the stock levels should be endless
    Yes, we know that BUT zencart does not..you MUST enter
    stock figure when entering products...try entering 100 or 1000
    in one product...unless you have no stock, then enter 0

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast