Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: USPS shipping ERROR outside the US

Perhaps you did not REMOVE, INSTALL and reconfigure it?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

red flag Re: USPS shipping ERROR outside the US

I am having this issue and we do not know how long it has been occurring a new customer brought it to our attention.

USPS error shipping to Canada running into exactly what was the issue here in this thread.

I am running 1.3.8 latest.

I have used the updated USPS module posted here and properly removed and reinstalled and configured the module and the issue is still there.

I know that prices went up I am wondering if there are others out there having this issue and if another update might be needed. There is no way to know how many customers we are losing to this as they never complete their order. So no real record of the attempted purchases are being made.

I have attempted several known addresses we have shipped to before they are all coming back with the same error from the module.

If anyone can help me I would be eternally grateful.

Further Research is showing that if the weight is less then orders are going through.

Weight of this order is

6# 4 oz and fails to get a quote from the USPS servers.

I only have the options for the Priority Mail Flat Rate envelope and Box for international active.

It should be rating the box and send that quote to us. But it is choking.

if anyone has some input I would greatly appreciate any help at all.

Thank you in advance.

Plugin Contributions

For 6.25 pounds, from Ohio to Canada I am getting:
    United States Postal Service (1 x 6.25lbs) (Global Express Guaranteed (1 - 3 days)) $76.50
    United States Postal Service (1 x 6.25lbs) (Global Express Guaranteed Non-Document Rectangular (1 - 3 days)) $76.50
    United States Postal Service (1 x 6.25lbs) (Global Express Guaranteed Non-Document Non-Rectangular (1 - 3 days)) $76.50
    United States Postal Service (1 x 6.25lbs) (Express Mail International (EMS) (5 days)) $50.50
    United States Postal Service (1 x 6.25lbs) (Express Mail International (EMS) Flat-Rate Envelope (5 days)) $25.95
    United States Postal Service (1 x 6.25lbs) (Priority Mail International (6 - 10 days)) $29.50
    United States Postal Service (1 x 6.25lbs) (Priority Mail International Large Flat-Rate Box (6 - 10 days)) $32.95

For 0.10lbs from Ohio to Canda I am getting:
    United States Postal Service (1 x 0.10lbs) (Global Express Guaranteed (1 - 3 days)) $31.95
    United States Postal Service (1 x 0.10lbs) (Global Express Guaranteed Non-Document Rectangular (1 - 3 days)) $31.95
    United States Postal Service (1 x 0.10lbs) (Global Express Guaranteed Non-Document Non-Rectangular (1 - 3 days)) $31.95
    United States Postal Service (1 x 0.10lbs) (Express Mail International (EMS) (5 days)) $25.95
    United States Postal Service (1 x 0.10lbs) (Express Mail International (EMS) Flat-Rate Envelope (5 days)) $25.95
    United States Postal Service (1 x 0.10lbs) (Priority Mail International (6 - 10 days)) $19.00
    United States Postal Service (1 x 0.10lbs) (Priority Mail International Flat-Rate Envelope (6 - 10 days)) $10.95
    United States Postal Service (1 x 0.10lbs) (Priority Mail International Large Flat-Rate Box (6 - 10 days)) $32.95
    United States Postal Service (1 x 0.10lbs) (First Class Mail International Letters (Varies)) $1.00
    United States Postal Service (1 x 0.10lbs) (First Class Mail International Large Envelope (Varies)) $1.29
    United States Postal Service (1 x 0.10lbs) (First Class Mail International Package (Varies)) $1.49

You might check weight restrictions on the various shipping methods available ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Now we are having the issue going to Australia.

Basically everything for the International Flat Rate Box option is failing.

So far everything else is working as far as I can tell. I do not know how long this has been failing as the orders are not completed when the customer hits this error.

I do know that I used the link in this thread to download the latest in the USPS module and uploaded and the issue is continuing.

I am getting the error:
    We are unable to find a USPS shipping quote suitable for your mailing address and the shipping methods we typically use.
    If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please contact us for assistance.
    (Please check that your Zip Code is entered correctly.)

For any order that has more than a few pounds.

We only ship priority flate rate anywhere. We have both the box and the envelope options for the international. After the weight cut off for the envelope has been reached the above error occurs. The code needs to be adjusted or USPS changed their servers meaning that the code will still need to be adjusted. But this is a consistent error using what appears to be the latest code.

I can go to USPS and determine the shipping cost but I need zencart to be able to service our resellers all over the world in an automated fashion.

Any idea on how I can correct the code to adjust for this error?

Sincerely, Larry Clements
    Webmaster / Data Wrangler / Editor
    Torquere Press Inc.

Plugin Contributions

From Ohio to Sydney for 6.25 lbs I get:
    United States Postal Service (1 x 6.25lbs) (Global Express Guaranteed (1 - 3 days)) $125.00
    United States Postal Service (1 x 6.25lbs) (Global Express Guaranteed Non-Document Rectangular (1 - 3 days)) $125.00
    United States Postal Service (1 x 6.25lbs) (Global Express Guaranteed Non-Document Non-Rectangular (1 - 3 days)) $125.00
    United States Postal Service (1 x 6.25lbs) (Express Mail International (EMS) (5 days)) $65.50
    United States Postal Service (1 x 6.25lbs) (Express Mail International (EMS) Flat-Rate Envelope (5 days)) $27.95
    United States Postal Service (1 x 6.25lbs) (Priority Mail International (6 - 10 days)) $56.20
    United States Postal Service (1 x 6.25lbs) (Priority Mail International Large Flat-Rate Box (6 - 10 days)) $53.95

From Ohio to Sydney for 0.10 lbs I get:
    United States Postal Service (1 x 0.10lbs) (Global Express Guaranteed (1 - 3 days)) $43.95
    United States Postal Service (1 x 0.10lbs) (Global Express Guaranteed Non-Document Rectangular (1 - 3 days)) $43.95
    United States Postal Service (1 x 0.10lbs) (Global Express Guaranteed Non-Document Non-Rectangular (1 - 3 days)) $43.95
    United States Postal Service (1 x 0.10lbs) (Express Mail International (EMS) (5 days)) $27.95
    United States Postal Service (1 x 0.10lbs) (Express Mail International (EMS) Flat-Rate Envelope (5 days)) $27.95
    United States Postal Service (1 x 0.10lbs) (Priority Mail International (6 - 10 days)) $26.50
    United States Postal Service (1 x 0.10lbs) (Priority Mail International Flat-Rate Envelope (6 - 10 days)) $12.95
    United States Postal Service (1 x 0.10lbs) (Priority Mail International Large Flat-Rate Box (6 - 10 days)) $53.95
    United States Postal Service (1 x 0.10lbs) (First Class Mail International Letters (Varies)) $1.82
    United States Postal Service (1 x 0.10lbs) (First Class Mail International Large Envelope (Varies)) $2.08
    United States Postal Service (1 x 0.10lbs) (First Class Mail International Package (Varies)) $2.28
    Linda McGrath

I can see that in both your examples that you have priority mail international flat rate box quotes.

I can still say definitively that I have uploaded what I know to be the latest of the software code for the USPS module and the issue is the same.

Once it kicks over to the international box option I get an error.

So what gives?

What needs to be done so that my zencart can return this as a valid option for customers. Is there an even more recent version of this module somewhere else.

Showing that you are getting the quotes and I am not suggest you have a different module than me but does not help me understand why this is happening. The only logically thing is that there is a better module out there than the one linked to this thread. Where would I get that module?

Plugin Contributions

Go to the Tools ... Developers Tool Kit ... and do a search in the bottom input box for:
    usps.php

select Catalog and click search ...

What is the ID of the file on your server in the:
    /includes/modules/shipping/usps.php

NOTE: be sure that after loading the update to your server that you Saved all settings then did a REMOVE, INSTALL and reconfigure ...
    Linda McGrath

The ID of the module on the working server is

@version $Id: usps.php 8516 2008-05-13 01:56:07Z drbyte $

Which is the one I downloaded from the link earlier in this thread.

Everything else appears to be working except when the weight goes beyond the envelope size into box size. Then it chokes with the generic error. The diagnostic emails are generic and fail to give a information to track down.

Plugin Contributions

Try to REMOVE, INSTALL and configure it again ... then check your Configuration ... Shipping/Packaging ... setting and see what you have on the Maximum and Tare values ...
    Linda McGrath

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast