Plugin Contributions

red flag No Price Display-Add to Cart and Order

Hi,

This will be a clean install of Zen Cart V1.3.8.

I have searched the forum for the answer, but no luck.

I need to be able to accept orders, but not display any pricing anywhere in the process.

Basically, a customer comes to the site, logs in to order, places and order, but the price is never displayed.

The product is not free. Once the order is received, the store owner calls the client and confirms order. At that time the store owner will tell the client what the total is and charge by phone.

I have looked at setting zen cart for show case only, or call for price, but in those modes it does not allow you to add items to cart and place order. I also thought about setting the items to "free item", but it displays pricing during check out.

I am sure this can be done, but my PHP isn't very strong. Is there a way to accomplish this? Any suggestions would be much appriciated.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: No Price Display-Add to Cart and Order

Quote Originally Posted by myhandbaghouse View Post
    Hi,

This will be a clean install of Zen Cart V1.3.8.

I have searched the forum for the answer, but no luck.

I need to be able to accept orders, but not display any pricing anywhere in the process.

Basically, a customer comes to the site, logs in to order, places and order, but the price is never displayed.

The product is not free. Once the order is received, the store owner calls the client and confirms order. At that time the store owner will tell the client what the total is and charge by phone.

I have looked at setting zen cart for show case only, or call for price, but in those modes it does not allow you to add items to cart and place order. I also thought about setting the items to "free item", but it displays pricing during check out.

I am sure this can be done, but my PHP isn't very strong. Is there a way to accomplish this? Any suggestions would be much appriciated.
    My,
    admin panel/ configuration/ my store/ store status

1. set to 1
    Mark
    Hare Do

Plugin Contributions

Thank you haredo for such a quick reply. However setting the store setting to 1 does not allow me to add to cart. It just gives the customer a link to contact us.

What we need is for the customer to come to the site, select the qty of items they want, add to cart, and check out ....all while never being displayed a price. The order will then be sent to store owner who will call customer and verify qtys, take payment over phone, and thank customer.

The store owner does not want pricing to be displayed at any point on the site, but needs the zen cart features to receive order requests.

I hope this helps explain what I need zen to do better.

Thanks again

Plugin Contributions

Hi there
    To options I think:
    1. set Product is Call for Price: to Yes in the product
    2. set price to 0 and have an explanation in the product description or the category description for all products in a given category

Plugin Contributions

Thank you wolf, but those options do not allow the items to be placed on cart.

The store owner wants to be able to place product on site, have customers add items/qtys to cart, then submit order. The customers are not to see any pricing at all throughout the process.

Setting them to zero would work, but during check out it shows the unit price as zero.

Does anyone know what files to modify in check out and on the cart to remove pricing?

I have the same issue. Volume discounts are offered on the site and since pricing detail can't be shown on all pages, I would rather just define the pricing in the quantity discount section and take the display of the initial price off of all screens.

So, how can we specify pricing for cart calcs but not display the price?