Plugin Contributions

Default Will this concept work using ZenCart?

Hi guys and girls,

I have never used ZC before so really looking for some guidance as to whether the website i need to build will be achievable using ZC.

first let me set the scene...
    we have a product, a mat in fact, that comes in 12 different colours and has a trim around the outside of the mat that comes in 12 diferent colours also, meaning that we have potentially 144 variations of the 1 mat. Now what i dont want is to have to list 144 products on a page so i need to use attributes to determine which colour mat and trim the customer wants.

within our accounts package we have a product code for every single variation of mat and trim so what i need to know is, can ZC take a mat (01) and add an attribute of mat colour black (BL) and then add an attribute of trim colour red (RD) and give me an end result of 01BLRD - which ties in exactly with one of the products codes in our accounts package?

again being new i apologise if this doesnt come across very well but i appreciate in advance any assistance anyone could give me

thanks
    Mark

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Will this concept work using ZenCart?

The stock version of Zen Cart does not have the ability to adjust model number like that. You can handle all of the variations with attributes, but they will show as individual bits of information in the shopping cart page (all under the main product heading). If formatted correctly, it could be easy to pick off the bits manually and write a complete model number.

The Stock by Attributes mod in Free Addons may be useful for your situation, I'm not sure.

Zen Cart v2.0, due out in public beta any time now, will explicitly have the ability to handle sku for attribute combinations.

Plugin Contributions

An example of a site using multiple attributes. Don't forget that each attribute needs to have a default that makes the customer choose. Otherwise they can order without having made their selection.

Plugin Contributions

many thanks guys, much appreciated