Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

help question Table Shipping Limit Call for Shipping Costs

1.3.8a Version
    upgraded from 1.37 (database) with newly installed files

I have a table to calculate shipping, but when you exceed $700 I need something to pop-up and say call for shipping costs and then somewhere for them to entry the actual shipping costs to calculate with the product costs.

Is there any way I can do these things.

Carol

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Table Shipping Limit Call for Shipping Costs

I am trying to do the same thing. Has anyone figured out how to accomplish this?

Plugin Contributions

I was able to figure out where to modify the specific files to allow these types of abilities.

Currently it is always assumed the shipping will be number so anything outside of a number (such as the phrase "Please Call") will return 0.00.

Has been tested and is successful with Table Method weight and price methods.

/******************************************
    /zencart/includes/classes/currencies.php
    On or around line 99
    ******************************************/

function format($number, $calculate_currency_value = true, $currency_type = '', $currency_value = '') {

if (empty($currency_type)) $currency_type = $_SESSION['currency'];

if( !(is_numeric($number)) )
    {

// This function will catch any value passed
    // number that is not a number and immediately
    // return it.
    return $number;
    }

if ($calculate_currency_value == true) {

/*************************************
    /zencart/function/functions_taxes.php
    On or around line 319
    *************************************/
    function zen_add_tax($price, $tax) {

global $currencies;

if( !(is_numeric($price)) ) /* Dr 4-21-09 */
    {

// This function will catch any value passed
    // number that is not a number and immediately
    // return it.
    return $price;
    }

if ( (DISPLAY_PRICE_WITH_TAX == 'true') && ($tax > 0) ) {

return zen_round($price, $currencies->currencies[DEFAULT_CURRENCY]['decimal_places']) + zen_calculate_tax($price, $tax);

} else {

return zen_round($price, $currencies->currencies[DEFAULT_CURRENCY]['decimal_places']);

}

}

FYI Everyone, when dmrants posted his posting he forgot to add that this works for the Table Shipping module.

Right now we (dmrants) are working on the zone version now. He is looking at what it takes to do the samething with that module.

Once the site goes live I will repost to this thread with link so everyone can see how the shipping module works.

such a big relief getting this fixed - works awesome.

FYI Everyone, I just want to let everyone know that this works for the "Table" Module within Zen Cart. Right now what dmrants corrected is the ability of the system to read text along with numbers.

Turn the Table Shipping module on and you should be able to set your own weight/price/item for example 1-10lbs cost $10.00 to ship and then 11-10000lbs cost "Call for best shipping quote 1.888.000.0000"
    We have found 1 bug with the fix that dmrants has created for us which is not a huge deal, When the customer is going through the checkout process and they reach step 2 of 3 during the payment method the "Call For Shipping Price" text has an align left with a column width that is to small to handle that much text. I am assuming without digging into the code that it is going to be an easy fix.

Right now we (dmrants is) are working on the zone version now. He is looking at what it takes to do the same thing with that module.

Once the site goes live (couple of days if not later today) I will repost to this thread with link so everyone can see how the shipping module works.

such a big relief getting this fixed as this is huge when dealing with producst that require freight shipping - works awesome! Thanks dmrants

I thin I made the correct code changes.

My shipping table is
    1:4.95,2:5.99,1000:"call"

But for items > 2 I get shipping = 0, not "call"

Plugin Contributions

That module is not designed to work in that manner ...

Call is text and text is 0 ... so that will not stop the calculation for 3 or more to be $0.00 shipping ...

You would need to customize your shipping modules to block the completion of an order or ... look at the Add-On for Minimum Order and customize it to work on the item count and display a message to call ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

californiagrandma - I assume you have the radio button checked as weight instead of price or item. The only thing I can suggest is to double check your code an make sure it is in the correct folder structure

http://www.summitsurgicaltech.com/

Here is the site to see the module in action, if you add anything into your cart that is greater then 30lbs you will get a call for best shipping quote.

Rg

Ajeh - not sure if the other module you mention would work for the products we ship. A large amount of the products need to be shipping freight which depending on the times can vary.

Maybe to help out most that don't want to change code we could link to a tutorial about that module. I know I spent some time trying to find a way to get this type of function working and couldn't find anything.

Rg

Plugin Contributions

More or less you need something to stop the ability to check out ...

To me, the easiest thing to do is stop them before they reach checkout, similar to how the Minimum Order add on works ...

The difference is the criteria for "what" stops the checkout and "what" message should be displayed ...

"You are ordering 21 products and need to call to complete your checkout ... or order only 20 and you may continue ..."

Then you need to decide what to do now that the customer has 21 products in their cart and calls you ...

Say they call you complete the order over the phone ... so what happens to the 21 products in the cart? Those will still be there the next time they login if you do not empty the cart ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast