Plugin Contributions

Default Primary Mailing Address in addition to a Primary Shipping Address

I am trying to create an add-on which allows customers to identify their primary "mailing address" in addition to their primary "shipping address".

I think I am getting the hang of things, I have added an extra field in the customers table called customers_default_postal_id. It has a number which collates to the address I want in the address book just the same as customer_default_address_id (ie. an Address ID of the corresponding address related to the customer in the address_book table)

When identifying this in the address_book.php, I just can't seem to work out how the command
    PHP Code:
    <?php echo zen_address_label($_SESSION['customer_id'], $_SESSION['customer_default_address_id'], true' ''<br />'); ?>
    uses the data from the field "customers_default_address_id" in the customers table, to display on the page (address_book.php)

I know that the field in the customer table is called customers_default_address_id but in the command line above it uses customer_default_address_id (ie with no "s" after customers]).

Please excuse me if this sounds ignorant but how does this work? How does the page recognize that the session 'customer_default_address_id' uses the data from the field customers_default_address_id in the customers table.

Thank you in advance for any help or ideas.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Primary Mailing Address in addition to a Primary Shipping Address

I figured it out an addition needs to be made in ../pages/login/header_php.php
    around line 87.

I added:
    PHP Code:
    $_SESSION['customer_default_postal_id'] = $check_customer->fields['customers_default_postal_id']; 
    I now have an additional issue I can't seem to add a tick box next to address_book_details.php

I noticed that primary shipping address uses:

PHP Code:
    <?php

if ((isset($_GET['edit']) && ($_SESSION['customer_default_address_id'] != $_GET['edit'])) || (isset($_GET['edit']) == false) ) {
    ?>
    <?php 
    echo zen_draw_checkbox_field('primary''on'false'id="primary"') . ' <label class="checkboxLabel" for="primary">' SET_AS_PRIMARY '</label>'?>
    <?php

}
    ?>
    so I tried:

PHP Code:
    <?php

if ((isset($_GET['edit']) && ($_SESSION['customer_default_postal_id'] != $_GET['edit'])) || (isset($_GET['edit']) == false) ) {
    ?>
    <?php 
    echo zen_draw_checkbox_field('primary''on'false'id="primary"') . ' <label class="checkboxLabel" for="primary">' SET_AS_PRIMARY '</label>'?>
    <?php

}
    ?>
    but it didn't seem to work. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks again.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Primary Mailing Address in addition to a Primary Shipping Address

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks