Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: authorizenet_aim

1. If you intend to use AIM, you need to have an SSL certificate set up so you can accept secure transactions on your site. Otherwise if you collect CC numbers without SSL protection you subject you and your customers to fraud and theft problems.
    But not having SSL isn't going to give that particular error.

Yes i do have a SSL install to the cart

2. In your Authorize.net account, there is a page which allows you to set a transaction "delimiter" and maybe even an "encapsulation" character. What do you have those set to presently? I think v1.3.5 expects the Delimiter to be a comma, and the encapsulation to be blank.

I really am not sure where it is in my authorize.net net account this is at, but i did find a Direct Response Delimiter and it's set to no. i set it to yesusing the character set you specified above and it still did work

3. Do you have an "authorizenet" table in your database? If you do, then it's possible you might be able to get some debug response data from the records in it. If not, things get more complicated. Upgrading would be advisable.

Yes i do have an authorize.net table in my database, but it appears to be empty.

What else can i do. i would love to upgrade but it does work for me. i have tries in the past and it messed up other page on the website. Our current host only supports php4 and MySQL4. So upgrade would be an even more headache.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

In your AIM settings in Zen Cart, set the "Enable Database Storage" option to true, and try another transaction.
    Then see what shows up in the authorizenet table when the error appears.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

what am i looking for in hte table

Plugin Contributions

ok when i run the query
    EXPLAIN EXTENDED SELECT * FROM `zencart1`.`zen_authorizenet`;

i get this error 1003

select zencart1.zen_authorizenet.id AS `id`,zencart1.zen_authorizenet.customer_id AS `customer_id`,zencart1.zen_authorizenet.order_id AS `order_id`,zencart1.zen_authorizenet.response_code AS `response_code`,zencart1.zen_authorizenet.response_text AS `response_text`,zencart1.zen_authorizenet.authorization_type AS `authorization_type`,zencart1.zen_authorizenet.transaction_id AS `transaction_id`,zencart1.zen_authorizenet.sent AS `sent`,zencart1.zen_authorizenet.received AS `received`,zencart1.zen_authorizenet.time AS `time`,zencart1.zen_authorizenet.session_id AS `session_id` from zencart1.zen_authorizenet

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Try just:
    SELECT * from zen_authorizenet;

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hello Drbyte,

i ran that query that you mentioned and i did not get any error message all that came up was the record that was saved on the table. below is the record saved in that row.

1, 2, 321, 0, '', '', 0, 'x_login=Removed for security&x_tran_key=Removed for security&x_relay_response=FALSE&x_delim_data=TRUE&x_version=3.1&x_type=AUTH_CAPTURE&x_me thod=CC&x_amount=100.00&x_card_num=Removed for security&x_exp_date=0910&x_card_code=622&x_email_customer=FALSE&x_email_merchant=FALSE&x _cust_id=2&x_invoice_num=321&x_first_name=Brian&x_last_name=Fox&x_company=&x_add ress=Removed for security&x_city=weston&x_state=Florida&x_zip=33332&x_country=United+States&x_phone=78 6-555-9685&x_email=silvio_pino%40hotmail.com&x_ship_to_first_name=&x_ship_to_last_name =&x_ship_to_address=&x_ship_to_city=&x_ship_to_state=&x_ship_to_zip=&x_ship_to_c ountry=&x_description=Senior+Portrait+Miscellaneous+Payments%28qty%3A+100%29+&Da te=February+25+2009+9%3A02+am&IP=12.38.62.91&Session=64c80294aecdfba4a178281e8d8 e841e', '1=', 'February 25, 2009, 9:02 am', '64c80294aecdfba4a178281e8d8e841e'
    Last edited by silvito; 26 Feb 2009 at 03:54 PM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The {0, '', '', 0,} section and the {'1='} section are indicating that you're getting bad response data back from the gateway.
    The most common cause of this has been incorrect delimiter and related settings in your authnet account profile. That's why the module was overhauled in v1.3.7 to force the module to send its own delimiter and encapsulation settings and new improved logic for parsing the response was added. And in v1.3.8 a number of polishing improvements were made as well.

Unfortunately you can't just upgrade the authorize.net payment module by using the new one without also upgrading numerous pieces of the core infrastructure as well due to several dependencies tied to improvements made elsewhere in the system.

I seem to recall there being some forum posts about some things people were able to do back around the time of 1.3.5 to get some relief of the problems you're reporting, but I've not done any searching for them at this point.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12