Plugin Contributions

Default Paypal API signature code??

Hi,
    on my ZenCart vers. 1.3.8a I want to configure the Paypal Website Payments Pro API. So in order to do that, Paypal wants Express Checkout configured also, so I have to do that first. So, in the

in Modules > Payment > Paypal Express Checkout configuration box, in edit mode, I enter everything except this: ZenCart is asking for the - and I quote:
    API Signature -- Signature Code
    The API Signature from your PayPal API Signature settings under *API Access*. This value is a 56-character code, and is case-sensitive.

I'm looking at my Paypal API credentials page right now, there is an API user name and API password, there is NO signature code.

WHAT does Zen Cart want by signature code, there is none in the Paypal API credentials. Mine are current and active, no signature code.....???

thanks
    JSC

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal API signature code??

1. Zen Cart needs your PayPal API credentials to authorize payments when submitting them to PayPal from your store.
    2. PayPal offers two forms of credentials: certificate and signature. Zen Cart ONLY works with the signature credentials.
    3. API Signature credentials come in a set of three components: API Username, API Password, and Signature.

If you're not able to find your signature credentials inside your PayPal account then you need to contact PayPal for assistance.
    Normally you'll find the required details by logging into your PayPal business account and going to Profile->API Access->Request API Signature->View or Remove Credentials

Related FAQ: http://www.zen-cart.com/getpaypal

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Ok, I got all my API info, plugged it all in and then did a test order. I got the following error message:
    The PayPal account in this store is presently misconfigured to use mixed sandbox and live settings. We are unable to complete your transaction. Please notify the store owner so they can correct this problem. (10002)

I looked it up in the tutorials and it said that one of these 4 setting could be off:
    - API Username
    - API Password
    - API Signature
    - Paypal server: live vs sandbox (this should be set to "live" which it IS)

Everything is set as it should be. So I'm wondering.....Do I need to go into my Payment Modules and remove the Paypal IPN so that it is not processing as well as Express? Could that be the conflict?

thanks so much!!
    Donna

Plugin Contributions

Well I disabled the IPN, and re-copied and pasted all the API requirements (username, pw, sig.). Now Express Pay seems to be working. I'm not sure if it was a typo in the API req. or the IPN or both?

I'd still like to hear if anyone know if the IPN is a known conflict. I've searched the tutorials, FAQ's, etc. and found nothing.

thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Having the PayPal IPN module enabled when Express Checkout is enabled does NOT cause any technical conflicts. You probably made a typo or included extra spaces during your copy/paste.

However, that said, with Express Checkout enabled, you DO NOT NEED (or want) to have the IPN module *also* enabled. You should click Remove on it. Leaving *both* on will only cause confusion for your customers, and confusion leads to lost sales.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks so very much DrByte for helping to clear things up for me. I usually have someone else do everything that has to do with ZC for me as I've never been brave enough to venture into any of it. But this time I just jumped in the water, read some tutorials, and braved it out myself. And I'm glad that I did. It may have taken me most of the day, but I've learned some things. And now I have the courage to try some other ZC things on my own :)

Thanks again for your help. It's very much appreciated.