Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

help question Trouble logging into Admin

This has got me baffled and I don't have a clue how to fix this. When I try to login to my site I gut this on the screen after I've logged in. I can't get into my site at this point. This is strange to me, but I have to type in the browser www.my_domain.com/admin and then I get in with no password.

I've set up an account for another person to help me with my site and he get the same message. Last I heard from him, he could not get into the site to work on it.

Please if you have any suggestions on how I can fix this problem, I would greatly appreciate it...thanks Micki

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/paradise/public_html/includes/languages/english/meta_tags.php:1) in /home/paradise/public_html/admin/includes/init_includes/init_templates.php on line 36

Warning: session_regenerate_id() [function.session-regenerate-id]: Cannot regenerate session id - headers already sent in /home/paradise/public_html/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 167

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/paradise/public_html/includes/languages/english/meta_tags.php:1) in /home/paradise/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 21
    [FONT=Georgia]Micki[/FONT]
    [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]Paradise Embroidery Designs[/FONT]

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Trouble logging into Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Micki View Post
    Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/paradise/public_html/includes/languages/english/meta_tags.php:1) in ...
    Very simple.
    This FAQ article (found by searching for "headers already sent") deals with that matter specifically: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=87

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Thanks...I'm trying to follow the instructions and found the file that is supposed to have an error on line 36. Here's what the line says

header("Content-Type: text/html; charset=" . CHARSET);

My problem is that I don't know what to fix on this. Where to I remove the extra space from?

Thanks,

Micki

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

No ... you're reading the error message wrong. It's telling you there's a problem in your /includes/languages/english/meta_tags.php file on line 1.
    The FAQ article explains that.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Thanks DrByte:

This is what I found on Line 1

<?php

There's nothing else on Line 1. No spaces before this and not sure what to do with it.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

1. Are you viewing a copy of the file that was on the server? Or just a copy from your PC? Often files get altered by odd settings in FTP programs and sometimes that means line-endings get changed and thus extra lines get inserted before the starting <?php tag or after the closing ?> tag.
    When troubleshooting it's important to look at the files on the *server*, not your PC.

2. Blank lines can cause just as much trouble as spaces. The first line of most PHP files should contain ONLY "<?php" (without the quotes).

3. If you believe the file to be correct, then upload the original version of the file again ... perhaps it was damaged on upload?

I am so sorry to be bothering you with all of these dumb questions. The more I try to understand how to correct this problem, the more frustrated I get.

I bring up my site in Expression Web and work on the files from there. When I open the site a box comes up and EW asks if I want to work on the files live or publish them later. I've been working on them live, but I suppose that still means that I'm working on the files from my PC. I can try to go to my Control Panel and see if I can work on them from there. Not sure if that's possible.

Of O re-upload the original version, will I lose all the changes that I made to customize my site? Another question....am I supposed to just upload the one file that has the errors on it?

Sorry for the dumb questions, but a webmaster...I am not.

I'm following the Zen e-book step-by-step to build this site, but it doesn't seem to cover problems like this...at least I have't found the answers in the book.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I'm sorry, but I suspect for favorite Microsoft program has bitten you in the foot.
    I *NEVER* trust anything written by Microsoft when working with website files ... they seem to be perfectly consistent at one thing only: breaking things!

Try using a true FTP program like the free program FileZilla http://filezilla.sf.net for uploading/downloading your files.

As to your fear of losing all your customizations ... there's no need to be paranoid.
    The error you're getting is ONLY related to that meta_tags.php file in your language folder.
    Try re-uploading the ORIGINAL clean uncustomized version of that file with a good FTP program.
    If the error goes away (and it should) then do your customization of that ONE file again. Then upload it. When you've got that working, move on to whatever's next on your list.

And ... you should never do direct editing of the files on your server by using your Control Panel ... it has a habit of breaking files too.

For doing your edits, you'll find that a nice clean program for editing the PHP files is Notepad++ http://notepad-plus.sf.net ... it's free and gives color-coding to help show you when syntax errors or other inconsistencies occur in your customizations etc. It's even good for HTML and CSS too.

Well thank you...I am now doing the happy dance. I did just what you say and transferred over the original files. I used Coffee Cup, not Filezilla, but I also have that program so I'll start using it. For some reason I'm more comfortable with Coffee Cup.

I can now get onto my site with no error messages.

I'm also going to download the editing program you recommended. What a shame the EW isn't good for working with. Oh well...time for a change I guess.

Thanks so much for your help! Now onto the next step, but sleep will have to come first.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

It would be prudent to study the FAQs on the override system so that you can save your file customizations in separate folders so they're easier to identify when preparing an upgrade ... or just plain easier to find when you want to revise something you changed before.

https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?category=4
    http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=298

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast