Plugin Contributions

Default Spacing, sizing, and border question

Ok, I am using (or working on getting ready) the 1.3.8a version of ZenCart after switching hosting providers. I have nearly all my configuration and display issues figured out and worked out to look as close as possible to the old version my company was accustomed to.

The first item I am looking to re-size to match is the very top bar that goes across the size of the page, with the Home & Log In options in the upper right (#1 on my images) I want to size down the larger one to match the smaller one from the old cart and can't find where to edit to size that down. The old site also had a | between home and Log in I liked (and | home | in the footer bar that is similar to the top). Also wondering where to edit the size of the similar bar that is on the bottom of the page.

The space above the categories box on the left, I am trying to figure out how to bump the box closer to the border under the company logo, #2 in the images, the space is much larger than desired in the new cart vs. the older one.

Number 3, with the old cart version I had the products displayed in 3 items per row like in the new cart (that stopped working with the host change on the old software, so the screen shot shows them in one column only) and they were in a bordered box with the golden gradient top bar background (I can live with out the gradient top in the new version) and I would like put them in a bordered box and maybe bump them down slightly. These are illustrated in #3 in my screen shots.

Lastly, the border space between the information box in #4 is larger in the old cart (desired look) vs. no border at all in the new cart. Is this a configuration issue or will the space show up when there are more categories added instead of the two in my new cart at the moment?

These are the last configurations I am trying to fix before importing all my products in and switching my live link to the new system.

Links if needed:

New Cart: http://aucornerstone.com/zen-cart-v1...ain_page=index
    Old Cart: http://aucornerstone.com/zen-cart-v1...ain_page=index

Thanks in advance.

-Jesse
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NewCart01.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	28.2 KB 
ID:	5386   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OldCart01.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	30.1 KB 
ID:	5387   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4OldNew.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	25.7 KB 
ID:	5388  

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Spacing, sizing, and border question

In the stylesheet.css for this template find this and change the 0.5 padding to "0" for bars
    Code:
    #navMainWrapper, #navSuppWrapper, #navCatTabsWrapper {
    	margin: 0em;
    	background-image: url(../images/bg2.jpg);
    	padding: 0.5em 0.2em;
    	font-weight: bold;
    	height: 1%;
    	}
    For top spacing find this in your atylesheet and seperate headerWrapper into it's own as shown and give it a height - adjust to suit
    Code:
    #headerWrapper, #contentMainWrapper, #logoWrapper, #cartBoxListWrapper, #ezPageBoxList, #cartBoxListWrapper ul, #ezPageBoxList ul, #mainWrapper, #popupAdditionalImage, #popupImage {
    	margin: 0;
    	padding: 0;
    	}
    Code:
    #headerWrapper {
            height: 120px;;
    	}
    #contentMainWrapper, #logoWrapper, #cartBoxListWrapper, #ezPageBoxList, #cartBoxListWrapper ul, #ezPageBoxList ul, #mainWrapper, #popupAdditionalImage, #popupImage {
    	}
    Items per row - get the 3rd party module "column-grid" from the fee software addons area and install/configure

I see borders on all boxes in both???
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the help. I was able to re-size the top and bottom bars I was looking to. But every time I mess with the HeaderWrapper, it either doesn't remove the space above the categories box, or it does - but in both cases changes the indentation of my logo to an undesirable location.

For the borders, what I was looking to do was re-create the style I had on my old site where after the "Displaying 1 to 9 (of 66 products)" line, the actual product would be lined out inside a bordered box instead of just floating on the page. Was also hoping to maybe bump them down slightly from the Displaying 1 to 9 ... Line.

Thanks again.

Plugin Contributions

doesn't remove the space above the categories box
    Find this

Code:
    .leftBoxContainer, .rightBoxContainer {
    	border: 1px solid #9a9a9a;
    border-bottom: 5px solid #E5D28E;
    	margin-top: 1.5em;
    	}
    change to the highlighted entry
    Code:
    .leftBoxContainer, .rightBoxContainer {
    	border: 1px solid #9a9a9a;
            border-bottom: 5px solid #E5D28E;
    	margin-bottom: 1.5em;
    	}
    Still not sure from your description what you are seeking but you can try this and if what you want a code adjustment for space might also be required.
    Code:
    .centerBoxContentsProducts {
            border: 1px solid #000000;
            margin: .1em;
            }
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten