Thread: Image Issues

Plugin Contributions

Default Image Issues

Hey Folks,

Here I am looking for some more help trying to sort out some issues, here's the problem, I have tryed every way and format to try to make the catagory images come up clean, with no luck, every image is coming up looking terrible, heres an example:

http://walltalkonline.ca/commerce/in...=index&cPath=1

could someone please have a look and see if they might know what is wrong. this is driving me bonkers

Thanks
    Jay

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Image Issues

Hi Jay
    I am no zenner whiz but it looks as though you are resizing your images in your code and they are becoming pixelated! Are you rezising them in the code or admin? What software are you using to create your images? For best results with images when you create them in your image software, make them the same pixels as you need them on your web site that way there is no need for resizing and there will be no pixelation.

Regards
    Taz

Plugin Contributions

Hey Taz,

Thanks for the responce, Im working with the images in corel draw 4 Im taking them from a product catalog that we currently have, the catalog is in corel format so im not having any issues there the images look great when they leave corel (BTW im sizing them to the right size for the image box) but as soon as I upload them the look like junk, I cant seem to figure it out im sure it something silly im doing.

Plugin Contributions

your image gets resized. your original image is 640x400 , but when added to the page , is 500x313 . now thats due to the fact that your main page is set to fixed size 750px .. at 500px your image still too large , and thats why side box is pushed out of its location .

now , either you have to resize your image , to fit the page or increase the width of your page .

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Walltalkonline View Post
    Hey Taz,

Thanks for the responce, Im working with the images in corel draw 4 Im taking them from a product catalog that we currently have, the catalog is in corel format so im not having any issues there the images look great when they leave corel (BTW im sizing them to the right size for the image box) but as soon as I upload them the look like junk, I cant seem to figure it out im sure it something silly im doing.
    What is your image size setting for category images?
    Admin-->Config-->Images

Also note what Tony posted.