Plugin Contributions

Default Change Appearance of Selected All & New Products Link

When I click on a "normal" category link in my categories sidebox, the link itself becomes bold font (and the page loads). When I click the "all products" and "new products" links in the categories sidebox, the page loads, but the font does not change in the sidebox link.

How can I also make the font bold when I click the "all products" and "new products" in the categories sidebox?

There doesn't seem to be a simple solution. I have searched my stylesheet and this forum. The normal links use:

class="category-subs-selected"

to designate it's been selected, and CSS takes over from there...
    DMFelder | Visit GreatApparelForYou.com for Chicago Direct to Garment printing and Chicago Screen Printing and for Funny Tees and shirts go to gafy.com. We also have Eco-Friendly Printing services.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Change Appearance of Selected All & New Products Link

Dm,
    Post me a link to your site please....
    Mark
    Hare Do

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dmfelder View Post
    When I click on a "normal" category link in my categories sidebox, the link itself becomes bold font (and the page loads). When I click the "all products" and "new products" links in the categories sidebox, the page loads, but the font does not change in the sidebox link.

How can I also make the font bold when I click the "all products" and "new products" in the categories sidebox?

There doesn't seem to be a simple solution. I have searched my stylesheet and this forum. The normal links use:

class="category-subs-selected"

to designate it's been selected, and CSS takes over from there...
    Dm,
    add this to your_template/ stylesheet.css

A.category-links:hover {font-weight: bold;}
    Mark
    Hare Do

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, Haredo.

Unfortunately, that's just a mouse-over event before the page loads. I would like the words "All Products..." to be highlighted on the page when that specific page is loaded.

You'll see what I mean here:

sickbrands.com/sickcart

When you click on any normal category, the page loads and the respective category link in the sidebox is highlighted (bold & yellow). It works for everything but All Products and New Products.

Unlike the normal categories, there doesn't seem to be a "selected" <SPAN> field for me to identify in CSS. This seems weird to me, because I would imagine almost everyone would want these links to perform the same as the category links.
    DMFelder | Visit GreatApparelForYou.com for Chicago Direct to Garment printing and Chicago Screen Printing and for Funny Tees and shirts go to gafy.com. We also have Eco-Friendly Printing services.

Plugin Contributions

You will need to add a test for current page to affect the span output.
    For example, to highlight the "All Products..." link, find this in
    /includes/templates/your_template/sideboxes/tpl_categories.php:
    PHP Code:
        if (SHOW_CATEGORIES_BOX_PRODUCTS_ALL == 'true') {

$content .= '<a class="category-links" href="' zen_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ALL) . '">' CATEGORIES_BOX_HEADING_PRODUCTS_ALL '</a>' "\n";
        } 
    Add

<span' . (($current_page_base == 'products_all')? ' class="category_links_selected"': '') . '>'

and

</span>

to get
    PHP Code:
        if (SHOW_CATEGORIES_BOX_PRODUCTS_ALL == 'true') {

$content .= '<a class="category-links" href="' zen_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ALL) . '"><span' . (($current_page_base == 'products_all')? ' class="category_links_selected"''') . '>' CATEGORIES_BOX_HEADING_PRODUCTS_ALL '</span></a>' "\n";
        } 
    The other links will need similar treatment.

Plugin Contributions

YOU are awesome, thanks! I think you left out a <li> element, but that's a great and simple solution!

For anyone else interested, here is the updated code:

Code:

if (SHOW_CATEGORIES_BOX_PRODUCTS_ALL == 'true') {
    $content .= '<li><a class="category-links" href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ALL) . '"><span' . (($current_page_base == 'products_all')? ' class="category_links_selected"': '') . '>' . CATEGORIES_BOX_HEADING_PRODUCTS_ALL . '</span></a></li>' . "\n";
    }

Then make a simple addtion to your CSS stylesheet for category_links_selected.

Piece of cake!

Thanks again!

Plugin Contributions

The standard Zen Cart categories sidebox does not have <li> elements, just <a> links separated by <br /> to keep them in a column.
    Some templates and mods have reworked the categories into a list, which makes more sense.