Plugin Contributions

Default Payment method radio buttons stopped working after adding custom fields

Hi - I've just installed the WorldPay module so that I can have two payment methods, Paypal and WorldPay. However, when I select either one of them on the checkout_payment page I get the following error message: "Please select a payment method for your order." and can't get beyond Step 2 of checkout (note: if I have either WorldPay OR Paypay installed, ie no radio button appears because there is only one option, then things seem to be fine).

I've had a look at the code and can't see anything that I've done which would affect this.

Where would I start to look to find a solution?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Payment method radio buttons stopped working

I should add that I don't think it has anything to do with the WorldPay module as the same thing happens no matter what payment module I install.

Have tried reinstalling modules to no avail.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Payment method radio buttons stopped working after installing WorldPay module

You've most likely broken the HTML form via making customizations, or you've installed addons that have broken the default behavior, or you've got corrupted files on your site.

But, since you've given nothing to go on, everything's just a guess.

Click the Reply button below, and answer the 10+ questions on the next screen right above the field where you type in your reply text. Those same questions were on the screen when you posted your question in the first place. It's too bad you ignored them the first time round ...

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Payment method radio buttons stopped working

Am using 1.3.5
    Has not been upgraded - am planning on doing this but hopefully wanted some clues to this problem before I do this. Happy to play around with php. Just wanted some pointers to what code I need to look at other than tpl_checkout templates which seem oK.
    No addons
    Not on live site yet - seeing if it works first on local machine
    have only just noticed the problem as I've always used paypal as sole payment method until I added the WorldPay module.
    Last edited by sparklefish; 5 Mar 2009 at 02:53 PM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Payment method radio buttons stopped working after installing WorldPay module

I don't recall any bug in 1.3.5 that prevented the radio buttons from working properly. That functionality has been around since v1.0.

Since the logic for the radio buttons is handled in the checkout template files, it would seem that you've got customizations there that are breaking things.

You didn't supply a URL, so it's not possible to help you with specifics.

Three suggestions:
    a) Assuming you've used the override functionality and ALL your changes have been saved to your custom template folder and NOT merely direct edits of original files such as the template_default or classic folders, then it would be logical that you could switch your template back to "classic" via the admin, and see whether the problem persists when using the default/classic template.
    But, if you've made direct edits to any of the template_default or classic folders, or to module or language files/folders without storing your edits in a custom override folder, then this easy-test feature won't be helpful to you.

b) Install a new site in a new folder+database, using the newest version. Test out the functionality you say is broken. See if it works. If it does, then you have a clear available option.

c) Compare all your files against originals, including all your overrides. Identify all differences, and fix anything that's not right. Related article: http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Obscure_Issues

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your help Dr Byte.

I did as you said and checked clean copies of checkout template files against my own versions and found out that the problem lay with a mod I had made to the "Comments/Special Instructions" functionality. Once I fixed that everything now works as it should.