Plugin Contributions

Default Can't find my way

I just can't find my starting place.

I have a website that has not launched yet. It will have some apparel items on it & I need to have zen intergrated to my site.
    I have gone thru all the zen admin areas & I just do not understand where or how to get started.

I tried a number of the the admin areas such as trying to get my images into the zen & linking to my website, etc. I just must say I don't know how to get it going. Can someone just simply & plainly tell me where the start point is. I thank all of you so far who have advised me, but telling me to do the obvious like read the FAQs or study the admin panel, is not working for me.

I must admit I am not all that computer savy & I have no experience with anything like zen. I would buy the manual if I knew I could understand the thing. But reading 400 pages of cyber tech info may be well beyond the simple basic stuff I need. I am not trying to do anything more than sell a simple screen printed promotional T shirt. A single item at this point. How do I get the zen to help me do that in the most simple way to start. Thanks to all of you for your advice!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can't find my way

Deere,

What images are you trying to get inserted?

Product images will be added during the product create/add process.

A logo image will need to be added to your template files via FTP.

Also, getting the book would be a HUGE help*. Just go to the chapter related to what you are to do - no need to read the whole thing to get going.

*book is awesome for learning how to set up the store and the the functions of zencart - almost no help with the design (template) customizations.

Tina

Plugin Contributions

I did try to put images up thru my FTP, etc. Whatever Im doing, or not doing is not working for me. Sooner or later I will figure it out, but I wish it would be sooner than later.

I know that a lot of people find working on a computer & doing websites & setting up stuff like zen a real rewarding experience. Personally, I find it boreing. I would rather be in my workshop with my collection of vintage John Deere tractors. But we can't have everything. I just need to get at least one thing to work right on zen & then I will be able to get to the place I need to be. So how do I get my images up under the products section, please!

Plugin Contributions

Plugin Contributions

Thank you! I will review your latest. I did go thru the FAQs, but overlooked the two you sent me. Going there now. Glad to hear the only tractors on the farm were green! Thank you so much.
    I did look at Zen for Dummies too. Who knows what I will need down the road. Im sure I will be needing more jump starts!