Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Payflow Pro Refunds

We are currently running zencart ver 1.3.8
    with the payflow module installed with this version id in the source

@version $Id: payflow.php 7424 2007-11-11 19:47:39Z drbyte $

The site is set up to authorize first and capture funds later. If we try and do a refund, we get the following error.

105 Credit error: ************ is a 'A' transaction

I'm assuming this means that we need to refund the actual capture rather than the authorization?

Has anyone else had this problem or found a fix?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Payflow Pro Refunds

If I recall correctly, you can't refund an "authorization" transaction.
    You have to "void" an authorization, not refund it (because you've not captured any funds, and thus there's nothing to "refund").

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thats where the problem starts... The funds have already been captured, but it looks like the module is sending over the authorization id rather than the new id for the funds capture when we request the refund.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The authorization ID never changes. A capture shows the same authcode as the authorization, because that's where the capture actually gets its authcode.

You said the message was "***** is a 'A' transaction".... that suggests that it's only an Authorization, not a capture.

Are you able to do the refund/void using your PayPal Manager console?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Yes, I was able to refund through the paypal manager.

The Transaction ID is different for the authorization and the capture. Not sure about the authorization id.

Plugin Contributions

I want to report that I just experienced the same problem. Using Website Payments Pro with PayPal mode = Payflow-US and Payment Action = Auth Only, Live mode.

Did an order. In PayPal Manager, transaction shows as Authorization.

In Zen Cart, I then "Captured" the funds.

In PayPal Manager, transaction shows as Delayed Capture.

In Zen Cart, tried to do a refund. Got the error "105 Credit error: ELEP3D141177 is a 'A' transaction"

I am able to do the refund through PayPal Manager's Virtual Terminal.

So I agree with the previous poster that Zen Cart must be sending the 'A' when it should be sending something to indicate that the funds have been captured.

FYI.

Plugin Contributions

We seem to be having the same problem, or somthing very similar. If I understand correctly, at checkout time the payflow module records the transaction id of the authorization in the paypal table. But if we then capture the payment, it doesn't seem to update the transaction action to the one in the capture transaction. So if we later attempt to refund from this charge, the only transaction showing in the order record is the original transaction id of the authorization. The payflow module doesn't seem to keep any paypal_status_history records to keep the various transaction ids for each charge, unless I'm missing something. The only recourse is to log into PayPal Manager and find the transaction id of the capture, by which time we might as well do all the refunding or whatever processing there. It makes the buttons on the order edit page pretty useless, after the initial capture has been done.

The module also seems to omit the billing name/address from the authorization transaction. So if we look in PayPal Manager to capture the payment, one of the security checks is to compare the bill info vs. ship info. But with the billing info missing, we have to look back at the Zen Cart order to see if they are the same.

We have similar loss of functionality in paypalwpp. We used to be able to refund partial amounts, but can now only refund the total amount.

Do we have up-to-date modules? What might be a recommended solution? Have I posted enough info below to define the problem?

Let's see if I can give the relevant background info:
    Zen Cart 1.3.8a
    payflow-1.3.8 payment module downloaded from a forum attachment to a post by DrByte in May, 2008, set to Auth Only.
    Also using paypalwpp module bundled in ZC 1.3.8a, set to use PayPal API

Probably not relevant, but also using googlecheckout payment module ver. 1.4.7

If these problems have been addressed before, I would love it someone could link me to the relevant posts. I couldn't seem to find what I needed with the forum Search.

Plugin Contributions

I found the fix described on thread 93720 and it seems to work for the paypalwpp refund question I had. I still have the refund problem and lack of billing info with the payflow module.

Plugin Contributions

Thread moved to more appropriate forum.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    Thread moved to more appropriate forum.
    Kim,

Is this also the correct forum for Payflow Pro questions, via the payflow module? The forum description specifies Website Payments Pro, i.e., the paypalwpp module, which is different from the payflow module that the OP and I were asking about.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast