Plugin Contributions

Default IPN DEBUG emails even though it is turned off???

I am using Zen Cart 1.3.8.

I am also using PayPal IPN - Website Payments Standard. (I have a Pro account, but another website requires an API and you cannot have a file API and a Signature API.....but on to my issue.)

I have set up the PayPal IPN and have quadruple checked that Debugging is turned off. When I go from our site to PayPal during the checkout process, I am immediately sent an IPN DEBUG email.

Out of desperation, I have tried changing the DEBUG portion of the module to "Log File", but I still get an email. Of course, if I set it to "Log and Email" I still get the DEBUG emails.

FWIW, the DEBUG email is "from" an email I have set up as my "from" address in the cart and is in no way associated with the PayPal account. The emails also seem to have no errors.

So....any ideas? The logical solution is to turn of debugging, but that does not stop the emails.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: IPN DEBUG emails even though it is turned off???

Forgot to mention. I also uninstalled the PayPal module (through the admin panel) and re-installed. Did not fix the problem.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Do you still have the Express Checkout or Pro modules installed? Perhaps you have debug mode enabled on one of those too?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Good question Dr. Byte but, no other modules are turned on. (ALL red dots and each one closely verified.)

The only module that is on is PayPal IPN - Web Payments Standard.

Plugin Contributions

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!

Although the only module I have turned on is Web Payments Standard, I do still have Web Payments Pro installed.

I made an assumption that if a module is turned off (as in "false"), it would not impact the shopping cart. It appears I was wrong.

Thanks to Dr. Bytes suggestion, I looked at the inactive Web Payments Pro and, sure enough, debugging was set to log/email. Changed that to OFF and the emails stopped.

THANKS!!!!!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks to Dr. Bytes suggestion, I looked at the inactive Web Payments Pro and, sure enough, debugging was set to log/email. Changed that to OFF and the emails stopped.
    Since you are not using that module - go ahead and uninstall it too. Do the same with any other modules that you may have installed but turned off.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

And, since you can't use Website Payments Pro without also using Express Checkout, uninstall Express too.
    Either that, or switch to using express, and uninstall Standard.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I recently switched domains and IPN is still sending debug messages to the old domain. The only place I can find the old e-mail address is in the API Signature. I removed this in PayPal but when I added it again, it re-added the same signature (even though that e-mail is no longer listed on PayPal).

Any thoughts on how to get it to stop e-mailing that old e-mail address? The new owner is getting tired of receiving my e-mails whenever an order comes in.

Also, when it comes to Payment modules, which PayPal module should I have installed? I have both on (standard & express). Any harm in having both? Or is it just dependent on how I want customers to navigate? Express sends them to PayPal first for address & pre-payment whereas standard sends them there last... right?

Thanks!

Jake

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jakedownhere View Post
    I recently switched domains and IPN is still sending debug messages to the old domain.
    What exactly do you mean by "switched domains"?
    Did you sell the domain to someone else?
    Where is your store now, by comparison?
    Is there still a store at the old domain under control of a new owner?
    What version(s) of Zen Cart are running on the old and new domains?

The only place I can find the old e-mail address is in the API Signature. I removed this in PayPal but when I added it again, it re-added the same signature (even though that e-mail is no longer listed on PayPal).
    PayPal associates API signature settings with the original primary email address used to create your PayPal account. I've not found a way to force that to be changed ... without engaging their tech support team anyway.

However, Zen Cart never uses that API email address for anything other than providing it to PayPal for authentication reasons.
    In fact, I don't think you'll find that PayPal uses that address for sending emails either. I believe it's only for identifying you as a user belonging to a certain domain.

Any thoughts on how to get it to stop e-mailing that old e-mail address? The new owner is getting tired of receiving my e-mails whenever an order comes in.
    As far as (current version of) Zen Cart is concerned, it only sends IPN debug emails to the email address specified in your Admin, under Configuration->Email Options.

And, have you clicked "Remove" on any payment modules you're not actually using?
    Also, when it comes to Payment modules, which PayPal module should I have installed? I have both on (standard & express). Any harm in having both?
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=28