Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: No orders showing using Nochex

Quote Originally Posted by backinthesaddle View Post
    As mentioned after a period of a couple of minutes, if you refresh the screen the order number is there.
    Oh ... so ... it's not that it's not working, it's just that the APC/IPN from nochex is taking too long to process, so it's not done before the customer returns to your store.

I suppose you could try to put some sort of time delay in the handling of the success page.

... or find a way to make your server faster (why did you choose this particular new host anyway?), or get nochex to post the update to you faster (unlikely)

Or, maybe the bad SSL is causing a timeout to occur when nochex is posting to your server, and has to wait 15-30 seconds for the bad-certificate error to bypass in order to continue processing.

The BEST way to find out if it's really directly related to using the wrong SSL certificate for your present store config is to ... well ... use the right one, ie: go live.
    And, if this really is the last remaining issue you're trying to sort out, well ...

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The general rule of thumb is ... when testing payments, always test FULLY LIVE. Otherwise various security mechanisms will interrupt and cause problems because ... well, that's why they're there, to make sure only TRUE bona-fide transactions are taking place.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you Dr Byte - I will go live and see what happens. I chose the host as they were recommended by a friend - I will see how it goes and I will report back here in case anyone else is following this thread and experiencing similar problems.

Plugin Contributions

I just thought I'd put a final post up here in case anyone else has found this useful. I did go live and am pleased to say it all worked fine! So in my case it would appear that a lot of the issues I was experiencing with the delay in order numbers being displayed on checkout success was due to the SSL being enabled for a domain that wasn't live yet. Hope this helps someone else. Thanks to Dr Byte for the help and support

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234