Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

help question smtp email in v.1.3.8??

I must upgrade our cart to the newest version of ZC because we are on 1.2.x which is on PHP 4.x which is becoming increasingly less supported.

Before I do that I really need to know how the emailing orders works in the 1.3.8.x version, since we're running it on Windows shared hosting (no option to change it).

I need to know how to set up smtp for the cart so the order notifications work properly -- OR if there is another option etc. in 1.3.8.x for email notifications. Meanwhile I will do more searching etc.

Why?? We run our own Exchange server, and I tried setting the 1.2.x smtp values to use our Exchange smtp server with an account that I set up, and it does not work.

What should I do -- differently etc.???

The hosting company has been unhelpful with matters related to mail servers etc., and I don't think I can set up another mail server on the hosting service etc.

I am interested in answers more for 1.3.8.x but generally to get the order confirmations working again.

Thank you, Tom

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: smtp email in v.1.3.8??

v1.3.8a supports PHP, SMTP, SMTPAUTH approaches. The SMTP and SMTPAUTH options connect to the email server you specify using the name/password you provide.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    v1.3.8a supports PHP, SMTP, SMTPAUTH approaches. The SMTP and SMTPAUTH options connect to the email server you specify using the name/password you provide.
    I'm using 1.3.8a and I'm on a windows shared server, too. I don't receive emails (specific domain, not free email) of forgotten passwords. I've tried smtp and smtpauth (even php out of curiosity) for the email transport method, but none work. The site in question is www.vermontdesignsunlimited.com. Is my domain server blocking the sending of emails somehow?

Thanks,

Greg

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by groel View Post
    I'm using 1.3.8a and I'm on a windows shared server, too. I don't receive emails (specific domain, not free email) of forgotten passwords. I've tried smtp and smtpauth (even php out of curiosity) for the email transport method, but none work. The site in question is www.vermontdesignsunlimited.com. Is my domain server blocking the sending of emails somehow?
    Well ... something's apparently causing them to not be received. Exactly what that is is something you'll likely need to engage your hosting company to research ... ie: does your SMTP server reject it when it's received? or does it get rejected by the server holding your email account? etc. The server administrator is likely the only one with access to the logs and information to diagnose specifically.
    That said, there are a number of email tips here: http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Email_Problems

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

The emails just don't come in...email archive manager says that ZC sent them...

We have an Exchange 2003 mail server, I've asked our networking support company if I must do something specific within the mail server to make things work etc.

Thank you, Tom