Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Missing Side Boxes after Upgrade

Not sure what happened, never seen this before but it seems like an easy fix...only I don't know how so It's not so easy ;)

I did the upgrade from 1.3.7 to 1.3.8a and all went well, I have two stores running off the same DB. I got the error on my store and in Admin about the DB needing to be patched.

I also have two boxes in the Tools/Layout Boxes Controller marked as MISSING in bold red text. I have checked that the files are there in both directories (store and store2 under Includes/Templates)

This is the message I get on the Admin page:

Delete missing box from Template listing:
    classic
    NOTE: This does not remove files and you can re-add the box at anytime by adding it to the correct directory.

Delete box name: subscribe.php

I have NO problem deletign th em, but I don't know how to "re-add the box at anytime". Has anyone seen this before, I tried searching the forums and cannot find it, and Google was no help either (that usually helps me find threads on this forum faster than the search here). I would love some advice, thanks!

Mike

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Missing Side Boxes after Upgrade

Did you upgrade the database?
    Missign sideboxes = check your sidebox folders and verify that all the files are there - did you edit a sidebox file and not save that file in your custom folder?

Tina

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by vegascoug View Post
    Not sure what happened, never seen this before but it seems like an easy fix...only I don't know how so It's not so easy ;)

I did the upgrade from 1.3.7 to 1.3.8a and all went well, I have two stores running off the same DB. I got the error on my store and in Admin about the DB needing to be patched.

I also have two boxes in the Tools/Layout Boxes Controller marked as MISSING in bold red text. I have checked that the files are there in both directories (store and store2 under Includes/Templates)

This is the message I get on the Admin page:

Delete missing box from Template listing:
    classic
    NOTE: This does not remove files and you can re-add the box at anytime by adding it to the correct directory.

Delete box name: subscribe.php

I have NO problem deletign th em, but I don't know how to "re-add the box at anytime". Has anyone seen this before, I tried searching the forums and cannot find it, and Google was no help either (that usually helps me find threads on this forum faster than the search here). I would love some advice, thanks!

Mike
    Ve,
    When you upgraded

1. you have missed a file on a mod you have downloaded
    2. did you make notes of all the mods you have downloaded to the site, so on a upgrade you can check the file paths
    3. Did you create the override system 10 files in the correct place
    Mark
    Hare Do

Plugin Contributions

The box that is missing is the Subscribe to newsletter and Manufacturers List. I downloaded the Mod and double checked I had everything for that one (Manuf List) but nothing was missing. As for the Subscribe to Newsletter, I don't believe that's a mod

The only mods I have installed are the Export Email addresses (which is working) the Manufacturers Display List and the Sales Report (also working)

Sorry, but I am not sure what you mean by "creat the overide system 10 files in the correct place" These are the steps I followed:

https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=108

I have double and triple checked to make sure the sideboxes folder contains the files from the 1.3.7 install.

Mike

Plugin Contributions

Did you make changes to any files in the folders (before the upgrade) that were overwritten by the upgrade?

WinMerge will do a file comparison for you - look at the files on your server for the sideboxes and compare them to the files from the add ons.

Tina

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, working on that now. Got the Subscribe up, trying to figure out the other mods

Plugin Contributions

As usual, user error. Sorry for the trouble. I was missing a couple files that I thought I double and triple checked, apparently quadrouple check is needed with me!

Think I have everything working now

Thanks everyone!

Plugin Contributions

Ve,
    Thanks for the update, Glad you got her fixed
    Mark
    Hare Do

Plugin Contributions

Me 2!!!

Plugin Contributions

Ve,
    LOL,

Just remember to make good notes, so the next time this will be a breeze.....

1. I always document all mods
    2. Always write down any core I played with
    3. Always write down any mod that overwrites on top of a core file
    Mark
    Hare Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast