Plugin Contributions

Default Plain text/HTML add text or...

I need to add additional instructions to the confirmation email that the customer receives after making a purchase. I've edited the HTML template and have set default customer emails to HTML which works fine for when HTML is their selected format.

So I either need to also edit the plain text email to add the additional instructions, or remove the option to select plain text emails on the signup page.

After searching it seems the plain text emails are edited with includes/classes/order.php but it doesn't look like I can just paste a bunch of text with links in there. I can of course change the text using the Developers Toolkit but I cant find any docs on adding text to the purchase confirmation email.

I would just as soon remove the option for the customer to select plain text email as an option but it's probably best to give them the option.

TIA
    Monica

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Plain text/HTML add text or...

Quote Originally Posted by Monica79 View Post
    I need to add additional instructions to the confirmation email that the customer receives after making a purchase. I've edited the HTML template and have set default customer emails to HTML which works fine for when HTML is their selected format.

So I either need to also edit the plain text email to add the additional instructions, or remove the option to select plain text emails on the signup page.

After searching it seems the plain text emails are edited with includes/classes/order.php but it doesn't look like I can just paste a bunch of text with links in there. I can of course change the text using the Developers Toolkit but I cant find any docs on adding text to the purchase confirmation email.

I would just as soon remove the option for the customer to select plain text email as an option but it's probably best to give them the option.

TIA
    Monica
    Monica,
    If you want to edit the email confirmation here is the file path:

admin/includes/languages/english/email_extras.php

1. remember to place in your_template (override file)
    2. I believe it is best to change the text, and allow the customer how they want the email sent.
    Mark
    Hare Do