Plugin Contributions

Default Override not working

I have upgraded a site from 1.2.x to 1.3.8a. I had it working including a new template. I was ready to move it to production so I got the most current version of my db and ran through the db update part of install. Now my template is gone and I can't seem to get the override system to work.

I made a copy of classicx and uploaded it as a new template name. I changed the template information file and it shows in admin as a new template. I selected it and made the changes to use my logo and some text on the front page but nothing will change. It acts as if it's not seeing the changed template at all.

I also installed another template and changed to it in admin but it won't change to it either.

Could there be something in the db that is screwing me up?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Carter

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Override not working

There are a wide range of possibilities. Firstly have you checked that your changes made it to your server in the right place. A link to your site would be helpful too, otherwise we're groping around in the dark.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

I have checked everything I can think of. I did this about two weeks ago by exporting the database from the old server using phpmyadmin. I created an empty database on the new server and loaded the old verion. Then I reexecuted zc_install and went through the db upgrade process once for each version I was behind.

This time, I used the same process. I deleted the database and recreated it with the same name, uid and pwd and loaded the most current export. It went smoothly.

I even went into phpmyadmin on the new server and browsed the admin_activity_log table and the selection I'm making in admin appears to be recording a log record each time.

I also revied both configure.php files and they seem to be correct. They weren't chanaged since I updated so nothing has changed there.

The biggest clue is that it is not changing to any template.

The link is www.minorjewelry.com; do you need an admin account?

Plugin Contributions

If you switch to the Classic Template does it work properly? It should if everything went correctly.

I'm thinking you are using an old Template; ones coded previous to 1.3.2 or thereabouts, will not work with v1.3.8a.

Plugin Contributions

What I'm seeing at that address is the default template, so I'd guess you probably have an error in the path to your custom template. I'd also try 'Classic', and if it works, check the location of your custom folder(s) and re-check template_info.php.

Plugin Contributions

I switched to classic green and nothing changed.

In the db, in the template_select table, what should be there? I have two records:

1 classic 0
    8 classic_green 1

To create the working template (minor), I copied classicx, moved it up to the server and made the changes in the template_info.php. I also created the "minor" files in the languages folder and put my overrides there.

I've done something stupid if I can only find it.

Plugin Contributions

Where should I check the paths to the custom templates? I don't see a place in the the template_info.php. The folder names seem to be consistant I see them in admin.

Some success but I don't know why!!!

It is now changing templates as it should. I had even tried deleting my cache in firefox and nothing was working for me.

I appreciate the help. Thank you.
    Last edited by carter; 15 Mar 2009 at 03:33 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Did you ever work out what the problem was here?