Page 225 of 226 FirstFirst ... 125175215223224225226 LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,250 of 2252
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ozpost shipping module

Today I was asked where to find/post sentiments and honour the broad number of contributions RodG made to Zen Cart over the years.

I've moved several collected sentiments over to a separate thread: In memory of Rod Gasson - RodG

Please feel free to share your positive memories of Rod's contributions there. He is missed!

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

If you get this error, I suggest trying PHP 7.0 instead of 7.1

Quote Originally Posted by vandiermen View Post
    error on shipping quote and checkout

Code:
    PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: [] operator not supported for strings in /home/srs/public_html/includes/modules/shipping/ozpost.php:594Stack trace:
    #0 /home/srs/public_html/includes/classes/shipping.php(171): ozpost->quote('')
    #1 /home/srs/public_html/includes/modules/pages/checkout_shipping/header_php.php(187): shipping->quote()
    #2 /home/srs/public_html/index.php(36): require('/home/srs/publi...')
    #3 {main}
      thrown in /home/srs/public_html/includes/modules/shipping/ozpost.php on line 594
    require('/home/srs/publi...')
    fresh install of latest ozpost and zen-cart v1.5.5f I needed to change PHP back to 7.0 for oz-post to work
    Last edited by vandiermen; 2 Oct 2019 at 04:11 AM.

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: ozpost shipping module

All
    OzPost is now being supported by Tassos (Anastasios Tsapilis) via his company Cronomic. Those of you with current or recent subscriptions to ozpost will have already received an email to this effect.

As of today ozpost still only officially supports versions of zencart up to 1.5.5f, which I found out the hard way when working on a 1.5.6c upgrade. If anyone has in fact got it functioning I'd love to hear how.

The good news is that eventually, ozpost will get to that point but not for an indeterminate number of months into the future. Certainly they are examining all of the shopping cart platforms that Rod also supported and will probably start on those with greatest demand. Even Rod said that was no longer zencart, unfortunately.

For those still dependant on ozpost and want to encourage Tassos and his team to attend to zencart sooner rather than later I suggest you write to him directly at [email protected] and state your case. I found him uncommonly friendly and helpful.

This is by the way, not an official announcement - just a heads up and a call for support on 1.5.6. I have no interest in this other than as a wannabe continuing zencart and ozpost user.
    Last edited by lucidlee; 8 Jun 2020 at 05:05 AM. Reason: cleaned up formatting

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lucidlee View Post
    All
    As of today ozpost still only officially supports versions of zencart up to 1.5.5f, which I found out the hard way when working on a 1.5.6c upgrade. If anyone has in fact got it functioning I'd love to hear how.
    I have OzPost v4.2.7 running on ZCV1.5.6a in production, and OzPost v4.2.7 on ZCv1.5.6c in TEST.

To be compatible with PHP 7.1+ In ozpost.php I added:

additional defines at the start of the code approx line 379
    Code:
    if (!defined('AUD')) define('AUD','');
    if (!defined('AUS')) define('AUS','');
    if (!defined('DIR_FWS_ADMIN')) define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/MYADMINDIRECTORY/');
    changed to declare $items NOT AS A String line 504
    Code:
    $parcelWidth = $parcelLength =  $parcelHeight =  $parcelWeight =  $shipping_num_boxes_display =  $dg = 0 ;$items = []; $enable_debug = "";
    line 2712 sizeof() Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
    Code:
    if  (sizeof($methods) == 0 ) {
    become
    Code:
    if  (isset($methods) && sizeof($methods) == 0 ) {
    I also have a note to myself:
    "Possible error updating the template file. If you experience problems please replace
    /includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_modules_shipping_estimator.php
    with a zencart original and try again "

The "Shipping Modules" page in Admin is horribly formatted since zc1.5 but I have not made time to fix it as once the settings are defined, I rarely visit it.

Hope this helps.

=======
    environment Dev: Zen Cart 156c; Apache 2.4.33; PHP 7.3.1; MySQL 5.7.21; Windows 10
    environment Test: Zen Cart 156a; Apache 2.4.29; PHP 7.2.4; MySQL 5.7.24; Linux 4.15.0

packages / add-ons:
    ckeditor ; clone template 1.2.0; payment module fee; Direct bank Deposit V1.5.revised; zencart155 securepayxml (modified); ozpost v4.2.7;
    ceon_back_in_stock_notifications.9 (modified); export_shipping_information_V1.3.5 (modified);
    edit_orders-4.3.5; master password 4; admin log in as customer; ZCA bootstrap template-for-156-v2.0.0c; image checker 2.0; sales report 3.2.2; email archive manager 1-8e; zenNoncaptcha v0.5

Plugin Contributions

Hi All,
    My name is Gary, and I am a developer at Cronomic. We have taken over the maintenance and development of Ozpost.
    I have updated the Plugin (Version 4.2.7) so it can be used in Zencart up to version 1.5.6c and PHP up to 7.3
    For now it's downloadable from https://www.ozpost.net/ in the download section, while it's being reviewed by Zencart itself.
    Cheers, G.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Gary

I would be interested to discover more about your programming skills and availability and also about Cronomic.

Please PM me if you wish.

Cheers

Dave
    Melbourne

Plugin Contributions

I have searched as best I can but cannot find the answer.
    How do I stop the suburbs (?) appearing after entering the postcode. I think it is irrelevant for me as I only use Australia Post and I think it interferes with the ease of checkout.
    Using 4.2.7 on zen 1.5.7. and Responsive Classic template. au(dot)birdvacuum(dot)net.

Cheers
    Rob
    Last edited by VacuumDog; 26 Jul 2020 at 04:56 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by VacuumDog View Post
    I have searched as best I can but cannot find the answer.
    How do I stop the suburbs (?) appearing after entering the postcode. I think it is irrelevant for me as I only use Australia Post and I think it interferes with the ease of checkout.
    I'm not sure why you think you can do without the suburb. Many suburbs of the same name exist in different states and therefore postcodes, and conversely, a given postcode can cover a number of suburbs. Generally you need both to uniquely identify a postal address.

I think what you really want is the predictive search often found elsewhere on the net where typing in the actual address, starting with the street and number, gives you a hit list of possible addresses to select from. Sadly I've not seen a zencart plug-in that offers this feature.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lucidlee View Post
    I'm not sure why you think you can do without the suburb. Many suburbs of the same name exist in different states and therefore postcodes, and conversely, a given postcode can cover a number of suburbs. Generally you need both to uniquely identify a postal address.

I think what you really want is the predictive search often found elsewhere on the net where typing in the actual address, starting with the street and number, gives you a hit list of possible addresses to select from. Sadly I've not seen a zencart plug-in that offers this feature.
    Nope, I don't need it to display on estimate shipping at all. Australia Post do not calculate different rates for different suburbs in the same postcode.
    As I only use AP there is no need for the customer to enter the suburb, just the postcode.
    Even so, after entering the postcode the plugin automatically fills in the first suburb alphabetically from that postcode and the delay in retrieving the rest of the suburbs, if it does happen, takes forever.
    Last edited by VacuumDog; 27 Jul 2020 at 08:18 AM. Reason: clarification

Plugin Contributions

An example of what I don't want

Name:  nobox.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  34.9 KB