Page 167 of 226 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177217 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 2252
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Only Collect from store showing up in delivery options in check out

Quote Originally Posted by ozmosaics View Post
    I can't enter product dimensions for each product in the store in the product set up area.
    Why not? The fields don't show? The data you enter isn't accepted? or some other reason?

I only enter weight in kg.
    This is why the ozpost modue has a kg/gm setting. Some people enter the weights in Kg's, some enter them in gms. The setting in the ozpost module is to let the module know what any given customer is using.

We are having problems at the moment with Fastway and Australia Post - seems out of whack!
    What does this mean? OK, I know what it means, what I want/need is something a lot more specific, such as 'for an item weighing 'z' kgs with the dimensions W,X,Y I am getting a quoted $abc when it should be $def. Better still would be a link to a product that will demonstrate the issue as well (a store may have 1000 items, with all but one showing a problem, and left to chance it is almost guaranteed that my random checks will be on the one item that doesn't have an issue).

Without specifics the only thing I can say for sure is that the input data is 'out of wack'.

Garbage in = garbage out.

Thanks for the info in your reply to earlier post, I try and figure out what I have done, but Dave (husband and packer of goods!) reports to me that the AP and Fastway are returing incorrect info last few days, so now my headache starts LOL!
    Until proven otherwise I think it best for all concerned to assume the servers are returning the correct data for the information that they are given. If this wasn't the case I would imagine all users would be informing me of the situation.

I suggest that you have you hubby enable the DEBUG option to see the weight/dimensions of the parcels being quoted

Oh, and if "I can't enter product dimensions for each product in the store in the product set up area" is because there is no where to enter this information it will be due to an incomplete installation. Specifically, there are 3 files located in the /admin/ folder (or whatever this folder has been renamed to) that need to be replaced by the same named files from the ozpost.zip file.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Only Collect from store showing up in delivery options in check out

Thank you Rod. I am sure I am doing something wrong. Sorry for the confusing post, I apologise. I knew you would say "garbage in garbage out".... I didn't meant to waste your time and I admit to hoping some sort of superpowers would sort out my problem, should have known I need to get it done myself but you can't blame a girl for asking.... (LOL!). I just get so tired with so much to do (like you and everyone else!).

I have Perth orders, giving Pick up only, Brisbane (ie no Australia Post or Fastways options listed in checkout). I will look for the problems sap. I must have an installation problem with my files as I haven't entered product dimensions at all, only weight in the product set up area. What a mess I must have made and yet all has been running ok until couple weeks ago.

I wish I was selling helium balloons, the thought makes me laugh.

Please take the smirk off your face, LOL! I will get to the bottom on this as I love zen cart and I love our Australia post module. I must have messed up something during a very tired interval working on my site. I am off to Australia Zoo tomorrow to work on a community mural for Steve Irwin Day...I will stick down some tiles on a rhino and put your name to the pieces, as I think you are really tough putting up with post such as mine (please laugh!). Cheers and have a good day, Sandy
    ps He who packs, is not at all good on sorting out these things, but he tries - I just get "Sandy, people are complaing about the freight in Perth orders"...... so, for once it can wait for a day, as I need sleep...
    Now you know my life story.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ozpost shipping module

Hi Rod! Good news, I have it all sorted, or rather your reply to my ramblings sorted me out!

I realised I had been using the auto update feature for ozpost but my admin had been renamed and well you can take it from there.

I always know if I read you replies over and over it eventually sinks in. Thank you so much.

I have been "missing my product dimensions for some time" and it's a wonder, a miracle that we have been doing well with our online store (?)... what sent it over the edge was 900 mini tiles at 1cm x 1cm x .4 cm weight .0015 - without the dimensions and other updates the program was throwing "pick up only" and well......."tons" of weight for that order. LOL! Hubby kept saying to me "we used to be able to enter the dimensions; I would say "I know"...but can't now. I had the answer in front of my nose, but so busy and well so stupid I guess.

I feel really embarrased, but very grateful to your last paragraph in your earlier reply. Will go through products tomorrow, missing the info, and add the dimensions. Thing is, I kept reading on Google searches that the product dimensions were not needed, as I knew something was amiss, or whatever and it made me think it was something else or again....I will stop while I am ahead here.

Please know your program is top notch and we are really lucky to have you on board and hope all is going well for you!
    Thanks again
    Sandy

Plugin Contributions

Hi Rod! Good news, I have it all sorted,
    Sweet. :)

I realised I had been using the auto update feature for ozpost but my admin had been renamed and well you can take it from there.
    Just for future reference (and the benefit of others), the ozpost auto-updates do NOT make any changes to any of the files in the admin folder (or whatever it has been renamed to).
    The files contained in these folders only need to be updated during the initial ozpost installations (or after the store software itself has been upgraded/re-installed).

The ozpost updates affect the main ozpost.php and its associated template file only (and even the template update has been a once only affair from V3.1.1 to V3.1.2)

Please know your program is top notch and we are really lucky to have you on board and hope all is going well for you!
    Thanks again
    Sandy
    Thanks for the feedback.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Rod. Thanks for setting me straight on the auto updates, that's great. Must have messed up initially when updating my zencart a while ago.

It's all good now.
    Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Plugin Contributions

To those who ship internationally, how do you limit to which countries you ship to? I am currently shipping to Australia only now (Quoting NZ manually) and want to limit international shipping to NZ only for now.

And to Rod, the module works great and is definitely worth the subscription fee, you'll have my money for as long as it works

*Running 1.3.9h Zencart with V3.1.3 ozpost

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ch4iS View Post
    To those who ship internationally, how do you limit to which countries you ship to? I am currently shipping to Australia only now (Quoting NZ manually) and want to limit international shipping to NZ only for now.
    This is usually done via the use of the zone definitions. However because the use of zones is counter intuitive in relation to the way the ozpost module functions (and the fact that it caused no end of support questions when people did try to use them) I dropped support for this quite some time ago, way back in version#1 I believe. As such, the ozpost module only 'knows' of two zones, Australia and the rest of the world.

Apparently, no one has missed this functionality (until now),

It wouldn't be too difficult to modify the ozpost module to include a line or two containing a list of country codes that you wish to allow, and have the module disable itself for any countries not listed.

With V3.1.3 ozpost, line #134 reads:

Code:
    $this->enabled = ((MODULE_SHIPPING_OZPOST_STATUS == 'True') ? true : false);
    After this line, you can insert something like:

Code:
    $allowed_countries = array("AU", "NZ", "GB", US") ;  
    $this->enabled =false  ;
    if(in_array($order->delivery['country']['iso_code_2'], $allowed_countries)) $this->enabled =  true ;
    Important: I've not actually tried this code, and the example may contain syntax or other errors. It can also be done in many other ways, such as:

Code:
    $this->enabled =false  ;
    if($order->delivery['country']['iso_code_2']) == "AU") $this->enabled =  true ;

if($order->delivery['country']['iso_code_2']) == "NZ") $this->enabled =  true ;

if($order->delivery['country']['iso_code_2']) == "US") $this->enabled =  true ;

... etc, etc, etc....
    Basically, the key is in manipulating the "$this->enabled" variable. If this is set to 'true' the module will be active, if it gets set to 'false' the module will be inactive. By initially setting it to 'false', and then setting it to 'true' for the countries you wish to allow should work well in your case.

Another merchant may wish to take the opposite approach, and set $this->enabled = true as the default, and then setting it to false for the countries they wish to dissallow.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for that rod, I'll give it a try when I get some free time.

Plugin Contributions

Some of the other posts in here have touched on the topic of product dimensions but I haven't found an answer that is clear.

I've just setup my online store at geekworkz.com.au/store and it's all come together really well. But I noticed with no place to enter a products dimensions the ozpost module is using the default size to generate a quote. The problem is I have different sized products including televisions which obviously are too large to send by Austpost so I am using Transdirect which doing the quote on their site would cost approx. $134 in the sample I used. However the ozpost module only quotes $34ish.

I tried adding in the numinix addon but that screwed my store completely. So I'm at a loss after spending all day on this. I cannot find a simple way to add dimensions (WxLxH) that ozpost can use. Someone please help point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
    Troy

Plugin Contributions

And rereading your repliy to a recent post about the required admin files missing that was exactly my problem. All sorted.