Page 220 of 226 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220221222 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,200 of 2252
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ozpost shipping module

Quote Originally Posted by ontoit View Post
    Hi Rod, thanks for the reply. I have made sure the settings are applied in the Ozpost module, and in Admin -> Configuration -> Shipping / Packaging however the error still persists:

[id] => Error
    [carrier] => OzPost
    [description] => Invalid input Data [: Missing Store Postcode: ]

Anywhere else to look for this setting? Or is it possible to hard code it?

Thanks

K
    This has me beat. Well, I know what the problem is, but I've no idea *why*.

This 1st screenshot is what you *should* be seeing.

Name:  screenshot.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  21.9 KB

This second screenshot is a copy of what you sent me in email
    Name:  shippingpackagingsetting.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  11.0 KB

Note how yours is missing the entry for "Postal Code"? This entry is one of Zencarts own data fields.

The Shipping from Postcode and Shipping From Suburb are added by the Ozpost installer (and are actually the same fields that are found in the ozpost settings. IOW, if you change these on this (shipping/packaging) screen you will find they will have also changed in the ozpost settings screen, and vice verci.

So, the question is, how/why are you missing the ZENCART Postal Code setting? I've just checked the zencart sql install files for V1.5.5 and noted that this hasn't changed from any of the previous versions (included the v1.5.1 which you stated you were using), so there are only two possibility that I can think of. You either had a bad install of Zencart - which is quite unlikely, or you, or someone else has gone into the database itself and deleted the entry.

Although I can't explain how/why you are missing the entry, you can re-add it by running the following SQL command (which I've copied from the zencart install .sql)

Code:
    INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) VALUES ('Postal Code', 'SHIPPING_ORIGIN_ZIP', 'NONE', 'Enter the Postal Code (ZIP) of the Store to be used in shipping quotes. NOTE: For USA zip codes, only use your 5 digit zip code.', '7', '2', now());
    Note the 'key' value here is 'SHIPPING_ORIGIN_ZIP'. The ozpost entry has a key value of 'MODULE_SHIPPING_OZPOST_ORIGIN_ZIP'

If you have an explanation for this missing entry, I'd love to know what it is.

Cheers
    RodG
    Last edited by RodG; 11 Dec 2016 at 01:45 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Solar camping australia would like you to know that:

Using iPhone 7 plus Safari

Suburb list does not load at all. Defaults to first suburb for that post code alphabetically.

You can manually type in the suburb but you can literally type in anything and the quote will not change. See attachment I have typed in 'xyz' as suburb.

http://www.solarcampingaustralia.com.au/myfiles/1.jpg
    http://www.solarcampingaustralia.com.au/myfiles/2.jpg

During checkout the correct suburb is used, just occurring on shipping calculator.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by vandiermen View Post
    Solar camping australia would like you to know that:

Using iPhone 7 plus Safari

Suburb list does not load at all.
    I have no way of testing this, but I suspect that it is possibly security related (The module uses javascript and data from an external server).

Defaults to first suburb for that post code alphabetically. .
    This generally isn't a problem. The suburb names are only used by the courier companies (not Australia Post), and the quotes are generally the same, or at least very close) to any other suburb within the same postcode.

ZenCart is actually the only eCommerce system that has the suburb selection function - All of the other supported eCommerce systems only get a State/Postcode option (IOW, if the list is missing, then you are getting the same as all ozpost users for all other supported systems. It generally isn't a big deal.

Furthermore, not all Zenners even get the suburb selection option regardless of device or browser - It depends a lot on what template/theme they are using and how much the tpl_modules_shipping.php file differs from the zencart default (if they differ too much, the ozpost installer can't 'patch' the file to change the 'State' selector to the 'Suburb' selector.
    You can manually type in the suburb but you can literally type in anything and the quote will not change. See attachment I have typed in 'xyz' as suburb.
    The 'changing to anything' is the problem - What you change it to will only stick/work if you change it to a valid suburb name for the given postcode.

Example:

Postcode 4350 will default to 'Athol' (being the 1st in the list of possible suburb names).

Changing 'Athol' to 'xyz' won't 'take' because there isn't a suburb called 'xyz' and if the ozpost servers attempt to quote for this non existent suburb the couriers API's will generate an error response, so a pre-check is made to avoid the errors, and the quote is again made using the 1st name in the list of possibilities.

Changing it to 'Glenvale' or 'Mount Lofty' *will* work, because they are both valid suburb names for the 4350 postcode (however changing to "Mnt Lofty" won't work, because "mnt" isn't in the list. (In fact it is this kind of variant Mnt vs Mt vs Mount) that prompted me to create the code to produce a list of suburbs to select from in the 1st place).
    FYI, the names are not case sensitive, Glenvale, GLENVALE & glenvale will all work fine.

During checkout the correct suburb is used, just occurring on shipping calculator.
    During checkout, the customers account defined suburb name is used (it is also used in the shipping calculator if the customer is logged into the store). The only time the '1st in the list' is used is where no suburb name is provided - namely, with guest user.

Cheers
    Rod.

ps. I replied to Kirsty's email about this yesterday - along with some additional information as to what I can do if the '1st in the list' suburb name actually *does* cause an issue (Basically, I can create a server-side override so that an alternative suburb name is used instead).
    Last edited by RodG; 24 Feb 2017 at 07:15 AM.

Plugin Contributions

I trust this makes sense.
    When trying to get a shipping rate for multiple packs I get the following. (These are correct measurments)
    Parcel Created by svr1+ On Mon Apr 24, 2017 13:52 (Server Time)
    Number Parcels : 5
    Dimensions: 44 x 32 x 30 cm
    Weight :90kg = 5 * 18kg
    Parcel Value : $480

====== Parcel Build (NoPack) ======
    Item 1, Qty 1
    Item Value $96
    Item Weight 18kg
    Item Dimensions 44 x 32 x 30 (cm)
    ----------------------------------
    Items in Parcel :5
    Parcel Weight 18kg
    Parcel Dimensions:44 x 32 x 30 (cm)
    Parcel Contents Value $480
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    with the following prices offered.

Transdirect 5x Couriers Please $108.25
    Smart Send 5x Fastway : National Road $147.75
    Transdirect 5x Fastway $155.25
    Transdirect 5x TNT Road Express $195.00
    Transdirect 5x Allied Express $254.25

If I goto these websites and enter the prices directly I get a much cheaper rate on them all.
    Are you able to advise?
    The website is www.jarsbottlesdirect.com.au
    Thanks

Stephen
    Stephen
    Jars Bottles Direct Trading as SS Croxson Enterprises Pty Ltd
    http://www.jarsbottlesdirect.com.au

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stecrox View Post
    I trust this makes sense.
    When trying to get a shipping rate for multiple packs I get the following. (These are correct measurments)
    Parcel Created by svr1+ On Mon Apr 24, 2017 13:52 (Server Time)
    Number Parcels : 5
    Dimensions: 44 x 32 x 30 cm
    Weight :90kg = 5 * 18kg
    Parcel Value : $480

====== Parcel Build (NoPack) ======
    Item 1, Qty 1
    Item Value $96
    Item Weight 18kg
    Item Dimensions 44 x 32 x 30 (cm)
    ----------------------------------
    Items in Parcel :5
    Parcel Weight 18kg
    Parcel Dimensions:44 x 32 x 30 (cm)
    Parcel Contents Value $480
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    with the following prices offered.

Transdirect 5x Couriers Please $108.25
    Smart Send 5x Fastway : National Road $147.75
    Transdirect 5x Fastway $155.25
    Transdirect 5x TNT Road Express $195.00
    Transdirect 5x Allied Express $254.25

If I goto these websites and enter the prices directly I get a much cheaper rate on them all.
    Are you able to advise?
    The website is www.jarsbottlesdirect.com.au
    Thanks

Stephen
    What you have done here is to set up your own 'packing' rules (very few people ever need to do that) and I have no way of knowing if these are actually correct to suit your products, your needs, or even whether the calculations create parcels that are physically possible (or not).

As for the price discrepancy it probably would have helped if you could have provided those figures and the destination postcode(s) too.

So to help solve the mystery, lets concentrate on just one courier and method. TransDirect/CouriersPlease is as good as any.

On their website, I opted to use
    pickup = 5000,Adelaide/commercial
    destination = 2000,Sydney/residential
    1 carton 18kg 44x32x30cm

Quote was $14.61

5 (same data) cartons was quoted @63.96

This itself is going to cause a discrepancy with the ozpost results, because 5 x 14.61 = 73.05. Perhaps this is the problem you are experiencing? If so, then sorry there is nothing I can do about that, ozpost isn't/wasn't designed for multiple parcels in the manner that you are using it (there are too many potential problems)

You *should* be getting (near) identical prices from both ozpost and the carriers website for single item prices though (with all else being equal) simply due to that fact that ultimately, the same servers are being used. I have just confirmed that ozpost is quoting $14.65 this same product/destination (ozpost rounds up to nearest 5cents)

I'm guessing that my figures are lower than yours (by a lot) because of the origin/destination suburbs, but I'm not a very good guesser, so perhaps something else it at play here.

Over to you....

Cheers
    RodG

Plugin Contributions

For anyone interested, the Ozpost shipping module works fine with lat9's One-Page Checkout.

See https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....34#post1330634

Plugin Contributions

G'day all,
    I'm setting up a new zencart store (ver 1.5.5) after my webstore being down for a long time, and I have gone straight back to the OzPost shipping module (ver 4.2.4) because it works spot-on, but I've run into a problem...

If I sell 'Item A', with a size and weight that will fit into a 125gm large letter (I use pb1 bags from Australia Post for small stuff), everything works well and calculates out correctly. In the real world, all of my bags go out with a signature on delivery sticker, but there's no option to specify a signature sticker.
    With debug enabled, the only signature options on 'letters' are for express, registered, etc...
    If I trundle over to the AP postage calculator site, there is also no option to add a signature on delivery to standard letters either, so my guess is that the module is working correctly, but SoD is not part of AP's returned string (even though I do it every day when I post goods out).

Is there a way to add signature on delivery to 'standard letters' in the module and have it show during checkout as a signature cost? (I know I can add it as a handling charge, but I prefer to show the breakdown as "including handling charge: $xxx & signature on delivery $yyy".)
    For handling charge, I added a some maths in PHP to calculate a % value of the parcel weight, so I try and treat it as a different item.

Hope all this makes sense!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Foster660 View Post
    G'day all,
    I'm setting up a new zencart store (ver 1.5.5) after my webstore being down for a long time, and I have gone straight back to the OzPost shipping module (ver 4.2.4) because it works spot-on, but I've run into a problem...

If I sell 'Item A', with a size and weight that will fit into a 125gm large letter (I use pb1 bags from Australia Post for small stuff), everything works well and calculates out correctly. In the real world, all of my bags go out with a signature on delivery sticker, but there's no option to specify a signature sticker.
    With debug enabled, the only signature options on 'letters' are for express, registered, etc...
    If I trundle over to the AP postage calculator site, there is also no option to add a signature on delivery to standard letters either, so my guess is that the module is working correctly, but SoD is not part of AP's returned string (even though I do it every day when I post goods out).

Is there a way to add signature on delivery to 'standard letters' in the module and have it show during checkout as a signature cost? (I know I can add it as a handling charge, but I prefer to show the breakdown as "including handling charge: $xxx & signature on delivery $yyy".)
    For handling charge, I added a some maths in PHP to calculate a % value of the parcel weight, so I try and treat it as a different item.

Hope all this makes sense!
    1. Yes, it makes sense
    2. I didn't even know there was such a thing as a signature sticker. I'm guessing this would be similar to the registered post stickers? (Not that it is really relevant)
    3. I don't know if you are correct about the AP's returned string or not. Ozpost uses its own data tables.
    4. I didn't see any need/reason to have an option for SoD for regular letters because the registered letters option is functionally equivalent (isn't it?)
    5. I'd feel a little uncomfortable adding a SoD option to standard letters when the AP website itself doesn't show this as an option
    6. Adding it as an option to the client module would be a rather difficult task because each method has its own uniqueID that needs a matching ID within the main processing loop and since these ID's are generated by the ozpost servers it isn't possible to just wedge a new one in.

.... However..... how do you feel about replacing the 'priority' option with the SoD option?
    Change
    Code:
     case "SLETp"; case "LL1p";case "LL2p";case "LL3p";
                            if (in_array("Aust Priority", $this->allowed_methods)) {
                                $handlingFee = MODULE_SHIPPING_OZPOST_LETP_HANDLING;
                            }
                            break;

case "SLETpi"; case "LL1pi"; case "LL2pi";case "LL3pi";
                            if (in_array("Aust Priority Insured", $this->allowed_methods)) {
                                $handlingFee = MODULE_SHIPPING_OZPOST_LETP_HANDLING + MODULE_SHIPPING_OZPOST_RI_HANDLING;
                            }
                            break;
    To
    Code:
      case "SLETp"; case "LL1p";case "LL2p";case "LL3p";
                            if (in_array("Aust Priority", $this->allowed_methods)) {

$quote->cost =  $quote->cost - 0.50 + 2.95 ; 
    $quote->otherfeeIncl = 2.95 ;
    $quote->otherfeeName = "SIG Fee" ; 
    $quote->description = "Letter + Sig" ; 

$handlingFee = MODULE_SHIPPING_OZPOST_LETP_HANDLING;
                            }
                            break;

case "SLETpi"; case "LL1pi"; case "LL2pi";case "LL3pi";
                            if (in_array("Aust Priority Insured", $this->allowed_methods)) {

$quote->cost =  $quote->cost - 0.50 + 2.95 ; 
    $quote->otherfeeIncl = 2.95 ;
    $quote->otherfeeName = "SIG Fee" ; 
    $quote->description = "Letter + Sig" ;  

$handlingFee = MODULE_SHIPPING_OZPOST_LETP_HANDLING + MODULE_SHIPPING_OZPOST_RI_HANDLING;
                            }
                            break;
    The reason this will work is because with any standard letter quote is a priority quote - which is always going to be 50cents more than the standard rate - so what we are doing is taking the quote cost, subtracting this 50cents and replacing it with the $2.95 signature fee.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

That's fantastic Rod, thanks very much!
    That gave me heaps of clues to work on for what I'm trying to achieve. I wish I'd known about the 'otherfeeIncl' and 'otherfeeName' variables a week ago!
    What you have come up with is basically what I've been working around without much success, but now I've seen your mods, I managed to get exactly what I wanted in 5 minutes this morning.

Here's my mods with comments that might help others if they're trying to do the same as me. It might not be recommended (or good coding skills), but it seems to work for what I'm doing...

Code:
    // Letters // 
                        case "SLET"; case "LL1";case "LL2";case "LL3";
                            if (in_array("Aust Standard", $this->allowed_methods)) {
    							//echo "Description: $quote->description  - Cost: $quote->cost  - Other Fee Included: $quote->otherfeeIncl  - Other Fee Name: $quote->otherfeeName"; //<-- Echo to the screen for debugging
    							$quote->cost =  $quote->cost - $quote->cost + 2.95 ; //<-- Take off the value of the original postage cost and add the SoD value
    							$quote->otherfeeIncl = 2.95 ; //<-- Assign the 'other fees' value
    							$quote->otherfeeName = "Signature" ; //<-- Assign the 'other fees' reason
    							$quote->description = $quote->description . " + Signature"; //<-- Add 'Signature' to the description
                                $handlingFee = MODULE_SHIPPING_OZPOST_LET_HANDLING; // + (($parcelWeight/1000)*3.5); // <-- Add handling based on total parcle weight if required
                            }
                            break;
    The idea is to take the standard 'Large Letter', subtract the actual postage cost (I send by free postage when I use padded bags), then add the static value of the Signature.
    The comments are explain it pretty well and are pretty much what you put here as an example, but on large letters instead.
    Handling fee has code to add a variable value dependent on weight but I don't use it here (that's for the bigger items in parcels that will take bubble wrap and tape).

SoD stickers are similar to registered post stickers, but they are a little cheaper so I go with them and the registered letters / SoD is functionally equivalent, but it's a more expensive option.

Again, my thanks and you've got a great module here (congratulations on figuring out the minefield that AP has for postal rates... I tried it myself and it's a complete mystery!)

John

Plugin Contributions

That's fantastic Rod, thanks very much!
    That gave me heaps of clues to work on for what I'm trying to achieve. I wish I'd known about the 'otherfeeIncl' and 'otherfeeName' variables a week ago!
    FWIW, those variables/values aren't used for anything (other than display purposes). They are defined by the ozpost server, but as can be seen, they can easily be overridden.

What you have come up with is basically what I've been working around without much success, but now I've seen your mods, I managed to get exactly what I wanted in 5 minutes this morning.

Here's my mods with comments that might help others if they're trying to do the same as me. It might not be recommended (or good coding skills), but it seems to work for what I'm doing...

Code:
    // Letters // 
                            if (in_array("Aust Standard", $this->allowed_methods)) {
                                //echo "Description: $quote->description  - Cost: $quote->cost  - Other Fee Included: $quote->otherfeeIncl  - Other Fee Name: $quote->otherfeeName"; //<-- Echo to the screen for debugging
                                $quote->cost =  $quote->cost - $quote->cost + 2.95 ; //<-- Take off the value of the original postage cost and add the SoD value
                                $quote->otherfeeIncl = 2.95 ; //<-- Assign the 'other fees' value
                                $quote->otherfeeName = "Signature" ; //<-- Assign the 'other fees' reason
                                $quote->description = $quote->description . " + Signature"; //<-- Add 'Signature' to the description
                                $handlingFee = MODULE_SHIPPING_OZPOST_LET_HANDLING; // + (($parcelWeight/1000)*3.5); // <-- Add handling based on total parcle weight if required
                            }
                            break;
    The idea is to take the standard 'Large Letter', subtract the actual postage cost (I send by free postage when I use padded bags), then add the static value of the Signature.
    The comments are explain it pretty well and are pretty much what you put here as an example, but on large letters instead.
    The reason I opted to use the priority rather than standard letters was because this gives to ability to provide a standard letter option plus a standard letter + sig option. By making the change as per your example the options will now be standard letter + sig, plus the priority letter option. Matter of preference really.

Also, "$quote->cost = $quote->cost - $quote->cost + 2.95 ; //<-- Take off the value of the original postage cost and add the SoD value" could be more easily expressed as "$quote->cost = 2.95"

You also mentioned 'large letter' twice. It would be amiss if I didn't tell you that these changes will also apply to 'small letters'. If you wish to avoid this, you will need to replicate the original code between
    <snip>
    break ;

Then change
    to
    case "SLET";

on the original code, and change to
    case "LL1";case "LL2";case "LL3";
    on the 'new' code. IOW, the 'SLET' (small letter) will now get different treatment than the large letters (LL)

Handling fee has code to add a variable value dependent on weight but I don't use it here (that's for the bigger items in parcels that will take bubble wrap and tape).

SoD stickers are similar to registered post stickers, but they are a little cheaper so I go with them and the registered letters / SoD is functionally equivalent, but it's a more expensive option.

Again, my thanks and you've got a great module here (congratulations on figuring out the minefield that AP has for postal rates... I tried it myself and it's a complete mystery!)

John
    Rod