Page 221 of 226 FirstFirst ... 121171211219220221222223 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,210 of 2252
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ozpost shipping module

Thanks for your help here Rod, it's much appreciated... :)

Also, "$quote->cost = $quote->cost - $quote->cost + 2.95 ; //<-- Take off the value of the original postage cost and add the SoD value" could be more easily expressed as "$quote->cost = 2.95"
    Doh!
    Hey, but... I was under pressure... and I wasn't thinking clearly... and my brain hurt from PHP code... and... and... and...
    Yeah, as soon as I read your comment, it was a forehead slapping moment! LOL

You also mentioned 'large letter' twice. It would be amiss if I didn't tell you that these changes will also apply to 'small letters'. If you wish to avoid this, you will need to replicate the original code between
    <snip>
    case "LL1";case "LL2";case "LL3";
    on the 'new' code. IOW, the 'SLET' (small letter) will now get different treatment than the large letters (LL)
    I was never really concerned with "Letters" as such so I didn't give it much thought, but I've changed it for clarity. Thanks for the tip :)
    It brought up another problem with letters. I did a test with a (roughly) business card sized product - 10cm x 5cm x .03cm which the server returned -

====== Parcel Build ======
    Item 1, Qty 1
    Item Value $0
    Item Weight 0.001kg
    Product#1 had no height using 250mm
    Item Dimensions 25 x 10 x 5 (cm)
    ... which defaults to a parcel size... if I enter a height of 0.1cm, it calculates correctly for letters, so I'm guessing that the server doesn't handle down to 100th sizes?
    Not a biggy for me, just an observation :)
    (hmmm... I just noticed "Item Value $0" above where my actual value was $0.10)

BTW (I'm probably getting picky now), in your install section of ozpost.php, where it creates the 'Tare Dimension' (and the like) for editing in the module, the code defines some text as white text on a white background, so I also did some code changes around here from "color:white\" to "color:black\", just to make it visible. :)

Thanks Rod

John

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Foster660 View Post
    It brought up another problem with letters. I did a test with a (roughly) business card sized product - 10cm x 5cm x .03cm which the server returned -

... which defaults to a parcel size... if I enter a height of 0.1cm, it calculates correctly for letters, so I'm guessing that the server doesn't handle down to 100th sizes?
    Correct. Or more specifically, the servers require the dims to be specified in absolute mm's.

(hmmm... I just noticed "Item Value $0" above where my actual value was $0.10)
    Probably just a display issue. Possibly due to rounding. I'm pretty sure that the actual insured value value is calculated independent of this output.

BTW (I'm probably getting picky now), in your install section of ozpost.php, where it creates the 'Tare Dimension' (and the like) for editing in the module, the code defines some text as white text on a white background, so I also did some code changes around here from "color:white\" to "color:black\", just to make it visible. :)

Thanks Rod

John
    Thanks. I'll take care of that next update.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Hi Rod,

I am having an issue with the ozpost module which does not appear to be working for overseas items to post especially New Zealand at this stage and has only happened since march this year. The error message that I am getting is:
    Sorry, we are not shipping to your region at this time.

I am using the latest version of ozpost V4.2.4 I have also tested the server and these are the results:
    [email protected]> Connect Time : 4ms > Name lookup Time : 3ms > Total Time : 1307ms > Poor
    [email protected]> Connect Time : 27ms > Name lookup Time : 0.041ms > Total Time : 150ms > Excellent
    [email protected]> Connect Time : 33ms > Name lookup Time : 3ms > Total Time : 307ms > Good

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce1952 View Post
    Hi Rod,

I am having an issue with the ozpost module which does not appear to be working for overseas items to post especially New Zealand at this stage and has only happened since march this year. The error message that I am getting is:
    Sorry, we are not shipping to your region at this time.
    This is not an ozpost issue

The zencart faq file states ....
    This message usually occurs when you have no available shipping modules for that customer's address.

A module is unavailable for one of two reasons:

1. it's not installed
    2. or it's installed but has a Shipping Zone restriction set on it, and the customer's shipping address isn't in that specified zone.

Or maybe the order qualifies for Free Shipping, but you don't have the freeshipper module installed.

We can obviously eliminate the possibility that its not installed, and we can also eliminate the shipping zone restriction as a possibilty because the ozpost module doesn't even have (or use) shipping zone restrictions. As far as the ozpost module is concerned there are only two zones, Australia and not Australia, with neither being restricted. Ozpost only uses this to determine whether GST is applicable to the quotes or not and it isnt a user configurable option, its just a simple fact. Australian destinations have GST included. Non Aust destination are GST exclusive. All zones/regions are considered valid (for quote purposes)

So this means that the problem is going to be related to the Freeshipping/freeshipper module .... or, you have *another* shipping module enabled that *does* impose zone restrictions and it is *that* module that is triggering the "Sorry, we are not shipping to your region at this time" message... hmm, it is also possible (I think) that this message could be triggered by a zone restriction imposed by your payment module(s).

So, although I cant tell you exactly what *is* causing the restriction, I can tell you with 100% confidence that it is *not* the ozpost module causing it.

Hopefully this is of some help?

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Rodd the problem has now been corrected. Thank you for the help.

Plugin Contributions

Rod,
    Can you help.
    1) Over the last few weeks we have had a few issues with getting prices.
    2) Today it is only bringing up the Aus Post prices and not transdirect or smartsend.
    Which does cause me a problem as these bring up very accurate shipping costs for us.

Is there a general issue with the server?

Thanks

Stephen
    www.jarsbottlesdirect.com.au
    Stephen
    Jars Bottles Direct Trading as SS Croxson Enterprises Pty Ltd
    http://www.jarsbottlesdirect.com.au

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stecrox View Post
    Rod,
    Can you help.
    2) Today it is only bringing up the Aus Post prices and not transdirect or smartsend.
    Which does cause me a problem as these bring up very accurate shipping costs for us.

Is there a general issue with the server?
    There are no known problems with our servers (we run 3 independent servers on three different networks).

As a general rule, if there is a problem getting quotes from the various couriers then the problem is generally with *their* servers. This is never an issue for AustPost quotes because we maintain our our own database for these rates.

I'm a little concerned that you are finding a problem with two couriers at the same time though. This *may* be a coincidence, but maybe not.

The ozpost modules have a setting/option to 'hide courier rates if Australia post can handle it' - and the 'problem' you describe could be the result of this option being enabled. If this isn't the case though then I'd suggest you enable the ozpost DEBUG (whilst experiencing the problem), as this will/should reveal any error messages being returned by the couriers servers.

Cheers
    RodG

Plugin Contributions

Update:
    Rod,
    Can you help.
    I've just been to your store, added a random product (100ml Amber Glass Round Pharmaceutical Bottle Pack of 56) to destination 2000/Sydney.

Then after checking our server logs and 'rewinding' the quote request, I found

1. You don't appear to have any Smartsend methods enabled.
    2. Our servers *are* returning the TransDirect quotes to your store, but they are not being displayed to the customer. This usually means that the methods that are available haven't been enabled in your settings.

For this random product to this destination, the available Transdirect methods are:
    Fastway
    TNT Road Express
    TNT overnight
    Allied Express

Insurance is available for all except Fastway.

Cheers
    Rod

ps. You do NOT have the 'hide courier rates if Australia post can handle it' option enabled.

Plugin Contributions

Rod

Thanks, However Transdirect also use Couriers Please which is enabled, so how come this is not showing when I can book with them Couriers Please and COuriers Please rates show on their website. (I do have it activated.)
    Smart Send I have re activated just so I can get rates for Couriers Please showing but I prefer not to use them.
    Thoughts please?

Stephen
    Stephen
    Jars Bottles Direct Trading as SS Croxson Enterprises Pty Ltd
    http://www.jarsbottlesdirect.com.au

Plugin Contributions

Rod

Thanks, However Transdirect also use Couriers Please which is enabled, so how come this is not showing when I can book with them Couriers Please and COuriers Please rates show on their website. (I do have it activated.)
    Smart Send I have re activated just so I can get rates for Couriers Please showing but I prefer not to use them.
    Thoughts please?

Stephen
    If the ozpost module isnt showing the Tansdirect/Courier Please option for a given product (weight/dimension) to a given destination then neither will their website. In other words when you did the check on the Transdirect website you were using different weights and dimensions to a different destination than the product that I randomly selected to the arbitary destination that I used for my test.

Both ozpost and the Transdirect website use the same API so as long as you are comparing apples with apples you *will* get the same results

Rod