Page 222 of 226 FirstFirst ... 122172212220221222223224 ... LastLast
Results 2,211 to 2,220 of 2252
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ozpost shipping module

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post
    If the ozpost module isnt showing the Tansdirect/Courier Please option for a given product (weight/dimension) to a given destination then neither will their website. In other words when you did the check on the Transdirect website you were using different weights and dimensions to a different destination than the product that I randomly selected to the arbitary destination that I used for my test.

Both ozpost and the Transdirect website use the same API so as long as you are comparing apples with apples you *will* get the same results

Rod
    Rod
    Thanks
    I have just done another test and now nothing is showing up from your servers including Australia Post. (Nothing has changed from last night) This has unfortunately been happening intermittently over the last couple of weeks.
    However I did a test last night which I kept the details of.
    the module shows: 12kg 44*36*32 from 6112 to 3175.
    For Transdirect the website is showing only TNT and not Couriers Please. However on Transdirect website with the same details Couriers Please pricing is available.
    Thoughts Please
    Stephen
    Stephen
    Jars Bottles Direct Trading as SS Croxson Enterprises Pty Ltd
    http://www.jarsbottlesdirect.com.au

Plugin Contributions

So, it now looks like you have two issues
    Quote Originally Posted by stecrox View Post
    Rod
    Thanks
    I have just done another test and now nothing is showing up from your servers including Australia Post. (Nothing has changed from last night) This has unfortunately been happening intermittently over the last couple of weeks.
    OK, lets try a different approach to this one. Ever heard of 'Occam's razor' ?

Basically, it is "a principle from philosophy. Suppose there exist two explanations for an occurrence. In this case the simpler one is usually better. Another way of saying it is that the more assumptions you have to make, the more unlikely an explanation is". <ref https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam%27s_razor>

It applies in this case because as I've previously stated, we run three different servers on three different networks. You have one server on one network. Which is the simplest explanation with the least assumptions... That all three of our servers have failed to respond at the exact same time, for you only? or that your single server on a single network has failed (is failing)?

I am going to be bold here and suggest that your server is being overloaded - It is the simplest explanation. (Keep in mind that no one else is reporting any issues at the moment).

So, problem#2
    Quote Originally Posted by stecrox View Post
    However I did a test last night which I kept the details of.
    the module shows: 12kg 44*36*32 from 6112 to 3175.
    For Transdirect the website is showing only TNT and not Couriers Please. However on Transdirect website with the same details Couriers Please pricing is available.
    Thoughts Please
    Stephen
    Do your figures/values include the tare weights and tare dimensions? Ideally, in time like this, a link to the product is a *huge* help. Partly because without it I have no way to confirm your figures - and nothing personal, I never trust the figures that folk give me - Too often have I been told something like 'weight = 1kg' and after much back and forth when I do eventually get a link to the product the weight has been specified as 0.1kg or 1000kg <very frustrating>

Not to worry. I simply can't afford the time to test each and every product in your store to find one that matches the data you have provided, and since I've already done a random product selection, I have opted created a link for you for testing purposes, using the weight/dimensions and original/destination locations that you have specified.
    Code:
    http://svr0.ozpost.net/quotefor.php?host=Jars%20and%20Bottles%20Direct&Items[0][Length]=440&Items[0][Width]=360&Items[0][Height]=320&Items[0][Weight]=12000&Items[0][Qty]=1&Items[0][Insurance]=100&fromcode=6112&Osub=HARRISDALE&destcode=3175&TransDirect=1
    I am seeing the TransDirect/CouriersPlease quotes - I have no idea why you wouldn't be (unless the product you are using doesn't have the data that you think it does).

Please try to appreciate that the ozpost system doesn't/can't 'create' quotes that are not provided by the couriers API - My previous example showed that the Transdirect quotes *were* available, but not the one for CP. This test/example shows that CP is avialable for this request. So, basically, what I'm saying here is that if/when a given method doesn't show for a given courier, then it is NOT an ozpost problem - there is nothing for me to do or fix.

If you wish to test/check the methods available from Smartsend just add "&SMSemail=Demo" to the end of the link above (it currenltly only show AustPost and Transdirect results). Please note that the SmartSend servers are horribly slow at the moment - average response time ~30seconds. (Nothing I can do about that)

The link is only testing one of our servers, if you wish to check the others, change the 'svr0' to 'svr1' & 'svr2' (when accessed via your store if the 1st one fails, the econd is tried, if that fails, the 3rd is tried - if all three fail an erro message is generated that will detail the reason of failure - in practice, this has never happened - For your store to get 'no response' at all generally means that our servers are even getting a quote request.

Not sure what else I can do or say other than to try to impress upon you that whatever the cause of your problems, then seeking an 'ozpost' solution means that you are probably looking in the wrong places.

Cheers
    Rod

ps. If the test link appears broken and doesn't give good results, please cut n paste into your browser - it should all be a single line, no linefeeds or spaces
    Last edited by RodG; 29 Sep 2017 at 07:33 AM.

Plugin Contributions

I'm not sure exactly when this issue started (possibly after the last update a couple of days ago) - For local deliveries using Aus Post the express option is saying 'Express Post International (Tracked & Signed)'. The amount is correct, just the wording is wrong. It's not a huge deal, just looks odd in that it says it's International.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by EvoCivic View Post
    I'm not sure exactly when this issue started (possibly after the last update a couple of days ago) - For local deliveries using Aus Post the express option is saying 'Express Post International (Tracked & Signed)'. The amount is correct, just the wording is wrong. It's not a huge deal, just looks odd in that it says it's International.
    I have no explanation for this. Are you still seeing this or was it just a one time oddity?

Cheers
    RodG

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post
    I have no explanation for this. Are you still seeing this or was it just a one time oddity?

Cheers
    RodG
    It's still doing it. I noticed because I got an order from someone in Mackay and the postage selected said Express Post International so I had a look and sure enough it's coming up for any Australian postcode (tested yesterday and again just now). All the other Aus Post services I've selected are there and at the bottom is Express Post International instead of just Express Post. The actual amount is correct for domestic express not using a satchel from the Aus Post website.
    Testing postage to an overseas address it's coming up correctly as 'International Post Express'.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by EvoCivic View Post
    It's still doing it. I noticed because I got an order from someone in Mackay and the postage selected said Express Post International so I had a look and sure enough it's coming up for any Australian postcode (tested yesterday and again just now). All the other Aus Post services I've selected are there and at the bottom is Express Post International instead of just Express Post. The actual amount is correct for domestic express not using a satchel from the Aus Post website.
    Testing postage to an overseas address it's coming up correctly as 'International Post Express'.
    I only have one possible explanation. A description override is coming into play.

I don't know if this would be accidental, intentional. or some sort of weird bug.

If you enable the ozpost DEBUG you will see that the description from our servers are correct (it actually reads "Express Parcel under 500g") - ergo, this one must be getting changed during processing.

Hint: /includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/ozpost.php

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Yep, that was it. For some reason there was a description override (an incorrect one). No idea how that got in there as I don't recall playing with that, although I did install it a couple of years ago so anything is possible.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

How to fix or troubleshoot error below. Was working before. I don't know what changed.

Checking File : /home/sdfsdf/public_html/includes/modules/shipping/ozpost.php
    Network Connectivity test FAILED
    Is cURL installed?

Shipping Modules
    Network Connectivity test FAILED
    Is cURL installed?WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again.
    Modules

brisbanevalleytraders.com.au

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by vandiermen View Post
    How to fix or troubleshoot error below. Was working before. I don't know what changed.
    This looks like one that you will need to chase up with your hosting provider. The cURL libraries/modules would have been installed in order for it to have worked before, and now the ozpost module is telling you that they are apparently missing (or some other networking error).

Nothing much more to say really.

Cheers
    RodG

Plugin Contributions

G'day Rod,

I've just installed your latest version 4.2.6 (fresh install), but I seem to be having a problem with Sendle.

I don't want to use sendle, so I selected 'disabled' from the list. When I do an update to check the postage estimate, I get an error -
    "Sendle : unprocessable_entity"

With debugging on, it's shown in the array of quotes (along with the error text)

I traced to this part of the code at about line 725...
    Code:
            $tmp = explode(", ", MODULE_SHIPPING_OZPOST_TYPE_SDL); 
            $sdl =  substr(strtoupper( MODULE_SHIPPING_OZPOST_SDL ),0,3) ;
            if($sdl == "DIS") {$sdl = NULL ; } else { 
            $vars .= "&sendle=".MODULE_SHIPPING_OZPOST_TYPE_SDL ;
            $this->allowed_methods[] = 'Sendle';
    ...where $tmp variable is "disabled", $sdl is "MOD" and when the code steps through, "Sendle" is added to the allowable methods array because MOD will never equal DIS.

If I change "DIS" to "MOD" in the code it doesn't get added, so for me... it's a workaround that gets me by.
    Maybe I've set it up wrong, but I thought I'd just to let you know that there might be a problem

John