Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ozpost shipping module

Yep, that was it. For some reason there was a description override (an incorrect one). No idea how that got in there as I don't recall playing with that, although I did install it a couple of years ago so anything is possible.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

How to fix or troubleshoot error below. Was working before. I don't know what changed.

Checking File : /home/sdfsdf/public_html/includes/modules/shipping/ozpost.php
    Network Connectivity test FAILED
    Is cURL installed?

Shipping Modules
    Network Connectivity test FAILED
    Is cURL installed?WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again.
    Modules

brisbanevalleytraders.com.au

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by vandiermen View Post
    How to fix or troubleshoot error below. Was working before. I don't know what changed.
    This looks like one that you will need to chase up with your hosting provider. The cURL libraries/modules would have been installed in order for it to have worked before, and now the ozpost module is telling you that they are apparently missing (or some other networking error).

Nothing much more to say really.

Cheers
    RodG

Plugin Contributions

G'day Rod,

I've just installed your latest version 4.2.6 (fresh install), but I seem to be having a problem with Sendle.

I don't want to use sendle, so I selected 'disabled' from the list. When I do an update to check the postage estimate, I get an error -
    "Sendle : unprocessable_entity"

With debugging on, it's shown in the array of quotes (along with the error text)

I traced to this part of the code at about line 725...
    Code:
            $tmp = explode(", ", MODULE_SHIPPING_OZPOST_TYPE_SDL); 
            $sdl =  substr(strtoupper( MODULE_SHIPPING_OZPOST_SDL ),0,3) ;
            if($sdl == "DIS") {$sdl = NULL ; } else { 
            $vars .= "&sendle=".MODULE_SHIPPING_OZPOST_TYPE_SDL ;
            $this->allowed_methods[] = 'Sendle';
    ...where $tmp variable is "disabled", $sdl is "MOD" and when the code steps through, "Sendle" is added to the allowable methods array because MOD will never equal DIS.

If I change "DIS" to "MOD" in the code it doesn't get added, so for me... it's a workaround that gets me by.
    Maybe I've set it up wrong, but I thought I'd just to let you know that there might be a problem

John

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Foster660 View Post
    If I change "DIS" to "MOD" in the code it doesn't get added, so for me... it's a workaround that gets me by.
    Maybe I've set it up wrong, but I thought I'd just to let you know that there might be a problem

John
    It's a bug, and that will be a fine workaround.

The official fix (not yet released) would be to change

Code:
    $sdl =  substr(strtoupper( MODULE_SHIPPING_OZPOST_SDL ),0,3);
    to
    Code:
    $sdl =  substr(strtoupper( MODULE_SHIPPING_OZPOST_TYPE_SDL ),0,3) ;
    What has happened is that somewhere along the line the constant has lost a portion of its name, therefore remains undefined causing it to eval to 'MOD' regardless of actual setting.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Rod, that worked nicely :)

John

Plugin Contributions

curl

cURL support enabled
    cURL Information 7.36.0
    Age 3
    Features
    AsynchDNS Yes
    CharConv No
    Debug No
    GSS-Negotiate Yes
    IDN Yes
    IPv6 Yes
    krb4 No
    Largefile Yes
    libz Yes
    NTLM Yes
    NTLMWB Yes
    SPNEGO No
    SSL Yes
    SSPI No
    TLS-SRP No
    Protocols dict, file, ftp, ftps, gopher, http, https, imap, imaps, ldap, ldaps, pop3, pop3s, rtsp, scp, sftp, smtp, smtps, telnet, tftp
    Host x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
    SSL Version OpenSSL/0.9.8b
    ZLib Version 1.2.3
    libSSH Version libssh2/1.4.3

Is what is installed

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post
    The cURL libraries/modules would have been installed in order for it to have worked before, and now the ozpost module is telling you that they are apparently missing (or some other networking error).
    I don't know what changed but we did not renew for a long time and the expiry date kept on resetting to 55 days while I was working on the draft. Could this happen if your server rejects request from our site?
    Last edited by vandiermen; 3 Nov 2017 at 09:26 AM.

Plugin Contributions

I don't know what changed but we did not renew for a long time and the expiry date kept on resetting to 55 days while I was working on the draft. Could this happen if your server rejects request from our site?
    Our *servers* - Three of them, on different networks, all running independently, will never block or reject a connection from any store. It/They *need* to be accessible in order to check the subscription status.

The '55 days' is a bit of a mystery too. Positive numbers are the number of days left remaining on a subscription, negative number are the days since the subscription has expired. New stores (those that have never connected to the server before are given a 60 day subscription.

I suspect that the '55 days' is perhaps a stored/cached value - but then is the question, you say it is resetting *to* this value, what is the value(s) that it is resetting it *from*?

Your screenshot show that cURL is apparently installed, so therefore it must be 'some other network error'.

Here's the thing - This problem, whatever the cause, if far more likely to be related to your *single* server rather than the 3 independent servers that we have spread across the globe, so looking to ozpost as being the *source* of the problem is pretty much going to be futile.

As for the error message Network Connectivity test FAILED
    Is cURL installed?

This comes about as the result of a rather simple test. A request is sent to our server(s)
    http://svr1.ozpost.net/quotefor.php?...client_version
    http://svr2.ozpost.net/quotefor.php?...client_version
    http://svr0.ozpost.net/quotefor.php?...client_version

The result is expected to be
    "V1.2.3". The *numbers* will change over time (currently V4.2.6), but the "V" is considered a constant, so as long as the 'V' exists, the test will pass. If we don't get the expected 'V' response then a network error is assumed, with 'cURL' being the prime (but not the only) suspect.

I really can't help you any more than this - For some reason, your store simply isn't getting the expected response from our servers, and it isn't our servers doing the blocking or returning an invalid result for this very simple query.

Basically. I'm at a loss.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

If I PM you the FTP/cPanel details, or send them by your contact page, would that help?

Plugin Contributions

If I PM you the FTP/cPanel details, or send them by your contact page, would that help?
    I'd rather you didn't.

Instead, please d/load the attached .zip file, extract the contents (ozpost_test.php), upload the php into the top level folder of your store, then execute it by pointing your browser to http:/yourstore.com/ozpost_test.php?detail

This should provide *some* clue as to what is going on (rather than a simple 'test failed').

Cheers
    Rod
    Attached Files Attached Files