Page 202 of 226 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202203204212 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,020 of 2252
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ozpost shipping module

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post
    Assuming your account details are correct, this generally means that the 'RTT' service hasn't been enabled for your TNT account. You will need to phone or email them to have this activated (it's not enabled by default).

There are two error messages that the TNT servers return that provide a clue as to exactly what the problem is.

The 1st one sates "The username or password is incorrect" . I assume that you are NOT getting this one.

The other states "The account number supplied is invalid or not assigned to this login", which means a call to the CIT Helpdesk on 1300 851 131

Cheers
    RodG
    Looks like I'm getting the username/password incorrect

<quote><id>Error</id><cost>0.00</cost><days>-1</days><description>TNT : Username and password combination is incorrect.</description></quote>

Triple checked the info and its definitely correct can log into tnt website fine.

Any ideas?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gee38l View Post
    Looks like I'm getting the username/password incorrect

<quote><id>Error</id><cost>0.00</cost><days>-1</days><description>TNT : Username and password combination is incorrect.</description></quote>

Triple checked the info and its definitely correct can log into tnt website fine.

Any ideas?
    Which site are you logging into?

https://www.tntexpress.com.au/intera...asps/login.asp
    http://www.tnt.com/express/en_au/site/home.html

Your account needs to be with tntexpress.com.au.

Cheers
    RodG

Plugin Contributions

Which site are you logging into?

https://www.tntexpress.com.au/intera...asps/login.asp
    http://www.tnt.com/express/en_au/site/home.html

Your account needs to be with tntexpress.com.au.

Cheers
    RodG
    my login details work with both...

Plugin Contributions

my login details work with both...
    Really?? That never used to be the case.

Oh well, not to worry....

Could I please get you to enter "Demo" into the TNTusername field in the ozpost settings, and let me know if quotes are being returned (or not).

Please note: This is for testing only. Do NOT use it on a production server. The quotes won't be accurate.

Cheers
    RodG

Plugin Contributions

Really?? That never used to be the case.

Oh well, not to worry....

Could I please get you to enter "Demo" into the TNTusername field in the ozpost settings, and let me know if quotes are being returned (or not).

Please note: This is for testing only. Do NOT use it on a production server. The quotes won't be accurate.

Cheers
    RodG
    Ok tried the demo and still get the same username/password error

I also just tried changing my password to see if that worked and still no good.

Plugin Contributions

Ok tried the demo and still get the same username/password error
    Could you please confirm that you used "Demo" and not "demo"

Thanks
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Could you please confirm that you used "Demo" and not "demo"

Thanks
    Rod
    Do i leave the tnt account and password field blank?

Plugin Contributions

Ok got the demo to bring up quotes but for the life of me can't get my details to work. I spoke to the TNT help desk got RTT enabled and they said my current details should work fine

Plugin Contributions

Ok got the demo to bring up quotes but for the life of me can't get my details to work. I spoke to the TNT help desk got RTT enabled and they said my current details should work fine
    OK, before I go any further, I will explain how the 'Demo' works.

The TNT servers don't actually have a demo/test account for us developers to work with, so when the username 'Demo' is received by the ozpost servers, this name, the password, and the account details (if supplied) are replaced by real/valid details from a friends TNT account (used with permission), so this tells me/us that there is nothing amiss with the data being sent to the TNT servers, and that their servers are functioning correctly, at least for this friends account.

I've also verified that this 'Demo' account works (in fact I tested this before asking you to, which is why I was quite surprised when you said it didn't work when you first tried it), but as an additional test, I removed one of the digits from his account number just to be sure that TNT haven't changed their response codes, and as expected I received the "The account number supplied is invalid or not assigned to this login" response.

This has made it quite 'obvious' that it is indeed a username/password error associated with your account.

The problem now is *what* is wrong?

One of the things that come to mind is the *length* of the username or password. When I was 1st setting this up several years ago I discovered a flaw in their web interface in that it was truncating the input fields at 'x' number of characters (sorry, I can't remember the actual length. The result of this being if for example, the password entered was "thisinsmypassword" what was actually being saved by TNT was something like "thisismypass". Needless to say, because this was only applicable to their web interface. it was never seen as a problem until "thisismypassword" was entered into the ozpost settings which then caused a password mismatch. ozpost was sending "thisinsmypassword" but the TNT servers are/were expecting "thisismypass", so that is *one* possibility.

Another possible cause is if the username (or password) contains any 'special characters' that are filtered by their web interface, but not filtered by their API. I recall at least one case where this was a problem, and the solution was for the customer to change the username or password so it doesn't contain any of these 'special' characters.

Other than these two things I'm pretty much out of ideas. About the only thing I can say for sure is that it definitely is username/password related, and it is almost certainly caused by a difference between how thier website(s) handle these inputs vs how their API handles the same inputs.

Therefore, my suggestion is to firstly change both your username and password so they don't contain anything other than alphanumerics, and to keep both of them under 12-15 characters. If this STILL causes a problem then if I could get you to PM the details you are using (no need for the account number, because as noted, this gives a different error) and I'll be able to insert then directly into the ozpost server requests and investigate further.

Cheers
    RodG

Plugin Contributions

Yeah i didn't have the capital D when i first tried... Worked when i adjusted

In regards to usernames and password tntexpress use your email as your username and the password isn't strict so my current one is basic.

I created another log in with a simple email/password still doesn't work.
    Last edited by gee38l; 11 Jun 2014 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Additional Info