Page 2 of 226 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ozpost shipping module

Quote Originally Posted by shaqadamus View Post
    After installing the module, I am getting these errors in Module -> Shipping.

Warning: Missing argument 4 for template_func::get_template_dir(), called in /home/sem49363/public_html/includes/modules/shipping/ozpost.php on line 67 and defined in /home/sem49363/public_html/includes/classes/template_func.php on line 42
    <snip>
    1062 Duplicate entry 'MODULE_SHIPPING_OZPOST_STATUS' for key 2
    in:
    [insert into configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) VALUES ('Enable the ozpost module by
    ', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_OZPOST_STATUS', 'True', 'Enable this Module', '6', '1', 'zen_cfg_select_option(array(\'True\', \'False\'), ', now())]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

What did I do wrong???
    Good question. What DID you do wrong?

As you are (hopefully) aware, this module is all new code, and as such I don't have any historical data or any other references, or other reports to go by. In other words, all bugs are 100% new an unidentified :-)

Having said that, it appears to me that you have attempted to install this module more than once, without doing an uninstall in between the attempts. That is why you are getting the "1062 Duplicate entry 'MODULE_SHIPPING_OZPOST_STATUS' for key 2" error message.

As for the other error messages, I can only guess that you have somehow messed up with the installation of the template files.

What template file are you using for your store? The default
    'classic' template, or some other one?

If you are NOT using the 'classic' template I will ask you to first try using it, just as a debugging exersize.

If this fixes the problem(s) then I will assume that you didn't read the installation instructions which state that "by default some files are placed into the 'classic' template directory, and that you will need to relocate these if you are using different template files" (or words to that effect). If this assumption is correct then relocate those files and all should be fine.

If you still have problems, and if you have no objections, I will ask you to send me a *private* message with the URL and login details for your store and I'll head over and take a look for myself to see if I can figure out what is happening.

If you have no desire to give these details my only other suggestion would be for you to remove the 'ozpost' files and use the older 'AustPost Improved' module instead, both modules have similar functionality, but the AP improved module has had well over a year of usage, and almost every bug and installation issue is well known.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
    RodG.

ps. Although early days, the ozpost module has been downloaded over a dozen times, and so far I haven't had ANY feedback as to how others have gone with it (good or bad). For all I know no one else has got it working yet either, so if any of those that have downloaded it would like to submit a report as to their successes (or failures) it really would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by grandpa_shea View Post
    Hi Rod,

Just a quick question and probably quite an easy one at that. Can I use this module to only handle international orders as I am wanting to have free postage Australia wide?

Thanks.
    Yes.
    The admin configuration section of the module is divided into two parts, Australia and Overseas. To enable only the overseas methods simply deselect the 'Australia' options.

You will of course need to add the free shipping module (and configure it for Aust sales only) otherwise there'll be no valid methods available for Aussie buyers.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post
    Yes.
    The admin configuration section of the module is divided into two parts, Australia and Overseas. To enable only the overseas methods simply deselect the 'Australia' options.

You will of course need to add the free shipping module (and configure it for Aust sales only) otherwise there'll be no valid methods available for Aussie buyers.

Cheers
    Rod
    Thank you kindly for the speedy reply. I greatly appreciate it!

I am keen on using your new module as I would prefer to disable the icons. I take it that the update process is quite easy for the new builds of this module? Oh, I'll post back if I encounter any teething bugs.

Thanks again.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you kindly for the speedy reply. I greatly appreciate it!
    The speed of my replies is very much dependent on when I read these messages (usually late afternoons or early evenings).

I am keen on using your new module as I would prefer to disable the icons.
    This module makes disabling the icons a simple matter of ticking a checkbox. However, the icon handling goes beyond that in that even if enabled they will only show up in 'suitable' places, which means they won't show on the invoices, packing slips, and other places where they were known to be problematic.

I take it that the update process is quite easy for the new builds of this module?
    Pretty much the same as for any other module really.

Oh, I'll post back if I encounter any teething bugs.
    Thanks again.
    Please do. Also, if you don't have any teething bugs or problems I wouldn't mind feedback either, especially if you have already used the older AP module(s). Naturally, I think ALL changes have been for the better, but that is just my opinion. Feedback (good and bad) is important.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Sorry, can't help you with much of a comparison between the other Australia Post modules, as I am quite new to Zen Cart. I haven't even finished my shop yet...

I have installed the new module and it seems to be working fine. I did have one instance when it wouldn't give a quote but I had messed with a few other shipping modules while halfway through checkout with my dummy account and changed my shipping address a few times.

The only way I could find to set free postage nationally was to specify a low dollar amount for free national free shipping with "order total/ot_shipping". Do you know if I can have checkout say "free postage within Australia" instead of "free shipping for order over dollar amount". It would be much cleaner. Maybe this is the wrong place to ask such a question though.

Anyway, thanks for the all the hard work you put into building the module. I'll keep you posted on how it is running after more extensive testing. I still have a lot to do before I have finished building and testing my shop.

Plugin Contributions

Do you know if I can have checkout say "free postage within Australia" instead of "free shipping for order over dollar amount". It would be much cleaner.
    Most zencart modules have a 'language' file located somewhere under the '/includes/languages'. If the text can be (easily) changed this is where you will probably need to do it.

Sorry I can't be more specific.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Here we go again RodG,
    I installed all the ozpost files in the correct locations. have double checked this.
    This is the error mess I get as soon as I go to admin> modules> shipping>
    This is strange since there is no file called "C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs/zc1/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/ozpost.php" (as indicated below) in the module structure ? ozpost.php file is located in \includes\modules\shipping\ not /includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/ as I understand it.

Warning: include(C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs/zc1/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/ozpost.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\zc1\admin\modules.php on line 173

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs/zc1/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/ozpost.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\zc1\admin\modules.php on line 173

Warning: Missing argument 4 for template_func::get_template_dir(), called in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\zc1\includes\modules\shipping\ozpost.php on line 67 and defined in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\zc1\includes\classes\template_func.php on line 42

Warning: Missing argument 4 for template_func::get_template_dir(), called in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\zc1\includes\modules\shipping\ozpost.php on line 69 and defined in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\zc1\includes\classes\template_func.php on line 42

Warning: Missing argument 4 for template_func::get_template_dir(), called in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\zc1\includes\modules\shipping\ozpost.php on line 70 and defined in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\zc1\includes\classes\template_func.php on line 42

Warning: Missing argument 4 for template_func::get_template_dir(), called in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\zc1\includes\modules\shipping\ozpost.php on line 97 and defined in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\zc1\includes\classes\template_func.php on line 42

Warning: Missing argument 4 for template_func::get_template_dir(), called in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\zc1\includes\modules\shipping\ozpost.php on line 97 and defined in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\zc1\includes\classes\template_func.php on line 42

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

RodG,
    Its also stuffed the AustPost Module.
    I didnt patch the /admin/includes/modules/update_product.php file as it looked like the entries were already in there.
    Not critical as its installed on the development machine.
    Cheers
    Last edited by remoteone; 29 Mar 2009 at 06:06 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by remoteone View Post
    Here we go again RodG,
    I installed all the ozpost files in the correct locations. have double checked this.
    This is the error mess I get as soon as I go to admin> modules> shipping>
    This is strange since there is no file called "C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs/zc1/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/ozpost.php" (as indicated below) in the module structure ? ozpost.php file is located in \includes\modules\shipping\ not /includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/ as I understand it.
    This looks very similar to the error that shaqadamus reported earlier in this thread. I offered him some suggestions but haven't received any further response.

if it is a matter of a missing file under the languages directory the solution could be as simple as creating an empty file called ozpost.php in that location.
    DON'T move the /modules/shipping/ozpost.php file to that location because that one is where it belongs.

Although it may seem a bit confusing, most, perhaps all shipping modules (including 'AustPost') will have two identically named files, one under the languages directory, the other under the modules directory. The first would normally contain the language definitions, and the other contains the actual code. With the ozpost module, since most of the text is now provided by the server, the few remaining text definitions were moved to the actual program file. The idea being to have one less file for people to install and get confused with.
    It appears that this may have been a mistake in that zencart is actually *expecting* a language file (that doesn't exist).
    This is speculation that now needs to be confirmed.
    I also suspect that *I* didn't have any problems because when I installed it on my servers it was BEFORE I removed the apparent need of the /languages/ozpost.php file.

Hopefully all of this makes some kind of sense to you. If not, let me know and I'll try to reword it.

Meanwhile, if my theory is correct then first try creating the empty file as mentioned, and if that doesn't fix it, try the other suggestions that I made to shaqadamus.

Feedback would be most appreciated.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by remoteone View Post
    RodG,
    Its also stuffed the AustPost Module.
    I didnt patch the /admin/includes/modules/update_product.php file as it looked like the entries were already in there.
    Not critical as its installed on the development machine.
    Cheers
    Just to confirm, the files under the /admin/ folder are identical for both the ozpost and AustPost modules so there is no need to re-replace them.

Cheers
    Rod

Page 2 of 226 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast