Page 35 of 226 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ozpost shipping module

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post
    1. This is the most likely... your server isn't using php5 (I still need to put this requirement in the docs).

Most ISP's and servers offer php5 these days, although many leave it for the user to choose whether they want php4 or php5.

Cheers
    Rod
    Sorry for hashing up such an old post, but I think I've read every post in this thread 5 times or more and I'm still coming out empty handed! It would seem that this quote may also be a big part of my problem though (I posted on another thread about this not long ago, also. However I think this may be more relevant).

Now.... you're all probably going to roll your eyes when I ask this incredibly n00b question, but I really have no other option! How exactly *do* you change to php5 (in the most simple terms you can manage please! lol)? My actual domain is running on php5 FastCGI, which had me running in circles for a bit - but upon looking at my actual zencart version etc, I'm being told that the zencart is running on php 4.4.9 And that's as far as I've got!

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Danika.

Plugin Contributions

Oh!!! I have solved it!! I knew sheer stubborness to give up would pay off eventually

If anyone else is reading through this thread with the same horrified, yet slightly blank expression on their face, fear not! I won't make you ask the dumb questions like I just did.

It was something so simple... as I said above, my server was running on "php5 fastCGI" and all I had to do was change it to "php5 CGI". Now my zencart is running on php5.2.9 (as opposed to php 4.4.9) and my ozcart is running like a dream!

PHEW!

Now....time to hit the hay. Hours of scouring the net has done my head in!

Plugin Contributions

Hi Rod,

I hope the air condition works or that you got a pool down there :-)
    Anyway have installed the new ozpost version on a site on my server and it drives me nuts :-)

You can see it here: http://www.saxophonestraps.com

Now I am using the Austpost__improved_2-1-3 on a number of sites on the same server without any problems at all. I thought for this site to use the updated version but it just not working.

The problem is that when using Firefox I can go the first time and on the estimator I am just getting the Close Window without any content or no rates. Then I can close the window and go back again and works halfway but no rates and then i can go back again and then it works.

If I go with IE then it starts loading the window and just as it is about to show the drop down menu for countries and the postcode boxes it does a refresh or something and then nothing.

Any ideas please?

Tassos

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by hrinfo View Post
    Now I am using the Austpost__improved_2-1-3 on a number of sites on the same server without any problems at all.
    Hmmm, the Austpost - Improved module is obsolete. It hasn't worked for months due to a (forced) change of servers.

I thought for this site to use the updated version but it just not working.
    This is qhat you should be using.
    http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?main_page=product_contrib_info&cPath=40_51&products_id=1286

The problem is that when using Firefox I can go the first time and on the estimator I am just getting the Close Window without any content or no rates. Then I can close the window and go back again and works halfway but no rates and then i can go back again and then it works.
    Assuming that you are using the 'ozpost' module as per the link above, try enabling the 'use cURL' option. This has taken care of this problem for most people.

Also, ensure that you are using PHP 5.1 or 5.2.
    PHP4 isn't supported with this module (A lack of feedback in the early stages of development allowed this shortcoming to slip by unnoticed)
    PHP 5.3 has other issues (there is a separate zencart thread about this).

Anyway, if you meet the requirements of 'Use cURL' and php5, and you STILL have problems please get back to me, because there is still another thing to try before we get down to the nitty-gritty debuging stuff.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Hmmm, the Austpost - Improved module is obsolete. It hasn't worked for months due to a (forced) change of servers.

Rod

Hi rod,

Actually AUSTpost module seems to have come back on-line, or at least partially. I seem to be missing Insured parcels and some other features. Don't know why.

I can't get OZpost module to work at all with SSL activated. Do we have a confirmation by other people using the OZpost module with SSL active that it does work?
    Last edited by p1drobert; 20 Nov 2009 at 07:23 AM. Reason: spelling error

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by p1drobert View Post
    Hi rod,

Actually AUSTpost module seems to have come back on-line, or at least partially. I seem to be missing Insured parcels and some other features. Don't know why.
    I can explain this. I eventually got around to adding a redirect on austpost.vcsweb.com to drc.edeliver.com.au

The drc server doesn't 'know' about insurance, letters, prepaid stachels, etc, so the only quotes you'll get will be for parcels.

I can't get OZpost module to work at all with SSL activated.
    As I recall, we traced this issue back to a problem with the session data not being saved/retrieved.

Do we have a confirmation by other people using the OZpost module with SSL active that it does work?
    Sadly, I have had no other feedback on this at all (we're not currently using SSH on our live server, and I still have gotten around to setting up a local server to test with).

Like you, I am pretty much waiting for someone else to step in with "yes it works for me" or "I have the same problem when using SSL too".

It really would be good to know either way whether this is an issue with the module itself or just your specific setup/server/host/whatever.

As a general rule, the fact that no one else has reported a similar issue would indicate the problem is at your end rather than with the module itself ... however, I have discovered that this 'general rule' has been broken several times already, so the current odds are 50/50.

FWIW, although it has been a while since we first diagnosed that it is a session related problem, and that no one else has reported a similar issue, it is still something I have on my checkilist for things to look into, so you haven't been forgotten. I simply find myself with more compelling things I need to do. <sigh>

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Hi Rod,

The mysteries of the machine :-) I did try yesterday with Curl on but it didn't work so turned it off. I turned it on today and it works so I guess now I will try again tomorrow and see what happens.

I do use PHP 5.2.9 so that should not be the issue. Also I have just remembered that I have another site that uses the ozpost without Curl without a problem on the same server and using the exact same template.

Also I do have a couple of other sites that use auspost and they work fine but it may be just an illusion :-)

Also sorry but I don't use SSL so I can't help there.

Thanks for your time as always you have been very helpfull :-)

Tassos

Plugin Contributions

Hi Rod,

The mysteries of the machine :-) I did try yesterday with Curl on but it didn't work so turned it off. I turned it on today and it works so I guess now I will try again tomorrow and see what happens.
    It'll probably continue to work. These settings get cached so unless you clear the cache or close and re-open your web browser you'll often not see the effects of any changes until you do,
    This caught me out numerous times during development until I realised what was going on.

I do use PHP 5.2.9 so that should not be the issue. Also I have just remembered that I have another site that uses the ozpost without Curl without a problem on the same server and using the exact same template.
    To be perfectly honest, it is a bit of a mystery to me why some sites work without cURL but others don't, even on the same server. What I do know though is that the use of cURL seems to be working for everyone that has had the problem that you had.

Also I do have a couple of other sites that use auspost and they work fine but it may be just an illusion :-)
    It's an illusion. They only partially work.

[/quote]

Plugin Contributions

FWIW, although it has been a while since we first diagnosed that it is a session related problem, and that no one else has reported a similar issue, it is still something I have on my checkilist for things to look into, so you haven't been forgotten. I simply find myself with more compelling things I need to do. <sigh>

Cheers
    Rod
    Hi Rod,

I totally understand.

If you ever get around to it I'm thinking its more likely to be something to do with zencart switching save session addresses once SSL is activated. I switched to SSL once I got rid of paypal and got involved with direct credit card processing on my site. I imagine most people would'nt go this way unless they felt it would increase sales. I thought it would, but was sadly mistaken.
    All the other modules seem to be ok with shared sessions as is used by my host, and without SSL active the ozpost module works fine, further indicating it has less to do with shared sessions, and more to do with what happens when SSL is used.

Plugin Contributions

If you ever get around to it I'm thinking its more likely to be something to do with zencart switching save session addresses once SSL is activated.
    Good news ... I got a round tuit.

Bad news. I'm unable to duplicate your problem. It all works just fine with SSL enabled.

My checks included having just the checkout SSL enabled, as well as the entire catalog with SSL enabled.

I also did a bit more code review in regards to the session data, and the ozpost module doesn't differ in any significant way to the older AustPost module.

Furthermore, both the old and the new module saves and loads the session data in the same way as zencart itself ... In other words, when a quote is requested both modules use the zencart session data to extract values/items from the cart for processing. Specicially:

$myorder = $_SESSION['cart']

The old AustPost module also stored its fees data into a session variable, as such:

$_SESSION['fees'] = $fees

It retrieves the data using:

$fees = $_SESSION['fees']

The ozpost module does similar, but the variable name(s) have been changed, eg. $_SESSION['ozpostQuotes']

.... So, what does this all mean? Your guess is as good as mine at the moment..

If you'd care to PM me the admin login details for your store, as well as the login details for FTP/Cpanel/Plesk/Webmin access I should have a bit of spare time over the coming weekend to see if I can figure out what is really going on at your end. I can't think of any other practical way to solve this otherwise.

Cheers
    Rod