Page 155 of 226 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165205 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 2252
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ozpost shipping module

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Homann View Post
    Hi Rod,

I'm finding that if I have debug turned on, I get the proper shipping quotes. It I turn debuf off, I only get the default flat rates.

I have just set up on a new server and I seem to recall this occurring before but cannot remember the solution?

Cheers,

Peter.
    remove/install?

Also check that you don't have any methods 'hidden'.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Hi Rod,

That was it, the parcel was letter size and I was hiding parcel rates when letters were not available.

Cheers,

Peter.

Plugin Contributions

Default ozpost v2.3.0 Now available

May 22nd 2011 - New update, ozpost v2.3.0 for zencart

New Methods added:

Express Post International 2Kg Prepaid Satchel
    Express Post International 3Kg Prepaid Satchel
    Express Post International 5Kg Prepaid Box
    Express Post International 10Kg Prepaid Box
    Express Post International 20Kg Prepaid Box

Express Courier International 500gm Prepaid Satchel
    Express Courier International 1Kg Prepaid Satchel
    Express Courier International 2Kg Prepaid Satchel
    Express Courier International 3Kg Prepaid Satchel
    Express Courier International 5Kg Prepaid Box
    Express Courier International 10Kg Prepaid Box
    Express Courier International 20Kg Prepaid Box

TNT Overnight Express by 9:00am
    TNT Overnight Express by 10:00am
    TNT Overnight Express by Midday

Added support automatic fallback to the secondary server if the primary server fails. (improved code, doesn't rely on DNS updates)

Enabled a new field for the ORIGIN suburb/postcode of shipments (separate from the store suburb/postcode)

Added new option to display common errors, such as overweight or oversized carts, bad postcodes, etc. (not as 'noisy' as the DEBUG output)

Improved error trapping/checking

For reliability reasons alone all users are encouraged to update.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ozpost v2.3.0 Now available

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post
    May 22nd 2011 - New update, ozpost v2.3.0 for zencart

New Methods added:

For reliability reasons alone all users are encouraged to update.
    Gidday Mate,
    Well what more can you do with an already pretty good module, the last version works pretty damn good
    Thank You for your service and contribution
    daveh

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ozpost v2.3.0 Now available

Quote Originally Posted by ozprodrivers View Post
    Gidday Mate,
    Well what more can you do with an already pretty good module,
    Not a lot actually... mostly a matter of adding new methods when they become available.

For many people this is reason enough to upgrade, but in my opinion the most significant change has been in regards to reliability. Although the current server has proven to be very reliable (only one known/logged failure in 12 months), the fact that it happened at all, causing the quotes to fail for approx 1hr a month or so ago, it was enough to freak me out (instant panic).

I never want that to happen again, which is why this latest update will now query the secondary server if the primary is unreachable. The previous fallover method was to update the DNS entry to point to the secondary server if the primary failed, which was great in theory, but in practice it didn't work because the server that failed was also the one responsible for doing the DNS update... arrrggghhhhh!!!

The other significant change is the ability to display various error messages... I'm hoping this will help cut down some of the basic support questions, especially with new sites/setups

Mainly though, the most important change really is the server redundancy.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Hi Rod

I'm still using v2.0.6, mainly due to the 'packing method' code hacks that I've done to v2.0.6 and the time/effort required to install, test and probably re-hack the new version for optimal packing.

NEW BUG:
    The new version seems to have mucked up my Fastway freight quotes which have worked reliably until the new release.

A3 Satchel 2320 to 2096 should be $10.40 + handling fee. Current quote is $8.80

Label (Lime-ShortHaul) 2320 to 2096 should be $12.80 + handling fee.
    Current quote is $9.20

Can you please look into this and advise. Possibly something to do with your ORIGIN Postcode mentioned for new version. My version has only Dispatch Postcode.

I'm not sure yet, but possibly AusPost parcel quotes are out too.

Hope to hear from you very soon.

Cheers
    Greig

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by GAM View Post
    I'm still using v2.0.6, mainly due to the 'packing method' code hacks that I've done to v2.0.6 and the time/effort required to install, test and probably re-hack the new version for optimal packing.
    How about sending me a copy of your hacked file(s) and I'll see if I can either utilise your code, or make it easier for you to maintain your changes in between updates. (no promises, but it could be a lot easier than either of us imagine).

NEW BUG:
    The new version seems to have mucked up my Fastway freight quotes which have worked reliably until the new release.

A3 Satchel 2320 to 2096 should be $10.40 + handling fee. Current quote is $8.80

Label (Lime-ShortHaul) 2320 to 2096 should be $12.80 + handling fee.
    Current quote is $9.20

Can you please look into this and advise.
    As with all bug reports, I'll certainly look into it, but I can't possibly imagine how the new zencart client code would possibly affect the older client code.

Yes, there have also been changes to the server code to support the new methods/features, but this was all completed and has been operational for well over a month, so if there were any detrimental effects as a result then that is when it would have first started.
    It is possible it has been broken all this time and you are simply the first to notice/report it?

Possibly something to do with your ORIGIN Postcode mentioned for new version. My version has only Dispatch Postcode.
    Actually, your version DOES have an origin postcode. It is the same postcode that is used in your store configuration settings under 'shipping & packaging'.

It may seem a bit superfluous having this postcode AND (probably) the same code for the new origin setting, but this came about as a result of creating modules for other stores that allow the store postcode and the dispatch postcode to be different.
    Zencart doesn't actually have a store postcode, only the shipping postcode. which was *also* used for storeID purposes. The new code still treats the zencart shipping postcode as part of the storeID and the new data field is used as the dispatch postcode.. if this field doesn't exist the server will use the storeId postcode as it always has done.

Anyway, the upshot is, since these are now separate fields it will, at some time in the future, be possible to support drop-shipping type quotes where the products may be dispatched from several different locations.

Well, them's the tech details of the changes made in this regard.

As I said, I can't see how the latest client release would affect your existing code/results, but I still need to assume this is the first report of a previously unnoticed bug.

Cheers
    Rod.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Rod

Thanks for your reply.

I will provide my hacked file for you. It would be great if what you suggest is possible and easy enough. You might also like some of the methods/options I'm using for the base code. My file/code is a bit messy still (never got back to it) and the reason why I have never sent it you as I suggested I would ages ago. Where/how should I send it?

There was definitely a change in the Fastway rates since 25/5/2011. If not an origin/dispatch postcode thing, then... <strike>possibly</strike> DEFINITELY it is the difference between Frequent and Standard Rates from Fastway.

I've just double-checked the rates from Fastway. My store is quoting 'frequent user' rates despite my 'standard user' setting in Admin.

Cheers
    Greig

Plugin Contributions

Hi Rod,

Can you please check the latest download from the Zencart Add-ons (ozpost_V2-3-1.zip)? It's missing the admin files. I downloaded it twice, so I don't think it's me.

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: ozpost shipping module

Ozpost - Fastway shipping not splitting boxes

Hi

I have fresh install of Zencart v1.3.9h with the following addons: oz post v2.3.1, dual pricing v1.7, nab transact v1.3, image handler v2.

I have configured the ozpost module for Australia Post and Fastway. So far this works fine until I test bulk orders.

eg. 7 products - each product is 41cm x 49cm x 9cm. This should theoretically produce two boxes to be shipped as one shipping box would fit 5 of these products.

For some reason though it it doesn't split the products? Does the ozpost module not calculate multiple shipping boxes? Or have I set something incorrectly?

Any help would be appreciated as the client would like to go live soon.

Calculations and shipping settings attached.

Angelina
    Attached Files Attached Files