Page 142 of 226 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152192 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 2252
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ozpost shipping module

Quote Originally Posted by jazzah View Post
    I followed the upgrade instructions that you posted,
    Well, no you didn't. THAT is the problem.

and did not realize the images needed to be placed in a new folder.
    The upgrade instructions were very clear about this, in my opinion.

---------------------------------------
    V2.2.0 to V2.2.1
    You need to replace the /includes/modules/shipping/ozpost.php file
    (and perform the remove/install process).
    All ozpost icons/graphics need to be relocated into their own folder at
    images/icons/ozpost/
    ----------------------------------------

Then I could not figure out where the new folder needed to be created.
    There was nothing to "figure out".... "They need to be located into their own folder at images/icons/ozpost/"

PLEASE, I BEG OF YOU. HOW COULD I REWRITE THE ABOVE INSTRUCTIONS IN A WAY THAT WOULD NOT HAVE CONFUSED YOU!

Tell me this and I'll happlily re-write things so the people such as yourself will not have a problem following it in the future. HELP ME HELP YOU!!!

I have said this before, I can try to do upgrades, but am in very unfamiliar territory and can stuff it up easily as well.
    And it is MY task to write the instructions in a clear and consise manner so that people such as yourself don't have these kinds of problems.
    I HAVE FAILED!!! Please help !!!!!

THIS IS NOT AN IDLE REQUEST. I hate that some people have problems with these updates. I hate it even more when I find that people are parting with hard earned money when there is no need for them to do so. I usually pride myself on the fact that I can explain things to most people.
    I even have the australian Cert IV in Training and assessment, not to mention completing several VET courses covering things such as 'creating technical documentation' and 'creating USER documentation',
    yet all this seems to be of no value whatsover....

Two steps... That is all that was needed, and was explained as follows..

1. You need to replace the /includes/modules/shipping/ozpost.php file
    2. All ozpost icons/graphics need to be relocated into their own folder at
    images/icons/ozpost/

Where/how did I go wrong? please, please, please; now that you know what is/was required I again will ask you to re-write those two steps in a way that will not confuse you with future updates. I realise that future updates may have *different* instructions, but If I know what you *need* then I'll be able to adapt to suit YOU.

What else can I do?

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Hi Rod, I followed the instructions that I requested in a post about how to upgrade, I did not read the instructions page that was included in the download. My fault!!

I will ask my programmer where he located the file of images, maybe then I can see how I got it wrong.

But I have another issue now. A while ago you provided some code to add a day to Fastway, as we are in outer Melbourne and they take an extra day. My programmer is now saying

"tell him you need it for the latest ozpost version, that specific piece of code he posted that should be replaced doesn't exist
    the command does but not for the fastway method
    this command "case "FWL";" exists
    but the whole piece of code
    case "FWL";
    if(in_array("FastWay Labels", $this->allowed_methods)) $handlingFee = MODULE_SHIPPING_OZPOST_FWL_HANDLING ;
    break;

case "FWS":
    if(in_array("FastWay Satchel", $this->allowed_methods)) $handlingFee = MODULE_SHIPPING_OZPOST_FWS_HANDLING ;
    break;
    doesn't."

Would you be able to assist?

Thanks
    Jazzah

Plugin Contributions

Hi Rod, I followed the instructions that I requested in a post about how to upgrade, I did not read the instructions page that was included in the download.
    Same instructions.

I will ask my programmer where he located the file of images, maybe then I can see how I got it wrong.
    No need to ask. I can tell you... he placed them in the location that I keep specifying. namely. in images/icons/ozpost.
    I know this as fact, because they simply won't load from anywhere else.

But I have another issue now. A while ago you provided some code to add a day to Fastway, as we are in outer Melbourne and they take an extra day. My programmer is now saying

"tell him you need it for the latest ozpost version, that specific piece of code he posted that should be replaced doesn't exist
    Wow! This peice of code hasn't existed since V2.0.9 ,,, That's four versions ago!!

Would you be able to assist?
    Sure. Tell him to look for the line that reads:

$estimateddays = $quote->days ;

Then immediatly after that add something like

if ( substr($quote->id, 0, 2) == "FW") $estimateddays = $estimateddays + 1 ;

--------------------------------------

IMPORTANT: For this to work you MUST select "days" for the Estimated Delivery Format. If you wish to use the 'date' format your programmer will need to manipulate the date string, which is a little more difficult.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by centaur View Post
    I have clients refering to me that they cannot purchase by post - When I checked, I have this message
    "Ozpost.net subscription expired 4 Days ago"
    If you are a host/devoloper with 3 or more clients (using ozpost) please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by centaur View Post
    I can't remember subscribing to anything, and I have been using your module for years
    Please can you tell me whats happened, and if there are any changes.

Thank you
    ozpost.net went to a subscription based format last July. There is a 60 day automatic subscription from the first time the module is used.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

I looked at this module couple of months agto when setting up my site. Searched hi and low for pricing and i could not find anything on how much per month or what percentages were taken from each sale.

Figured if someone designed it and wasnt making this information easily acceptable then theres more to it and havent thought twice about it.

I trawled through this forum trying to find the information and even when asked directly no answer was still given.

What is the go. Im struggling with the current shipping modules need something that will offer shipping and a delivery option for me to hand deliver items locally.

Finding the whole process frustrating and near im[possible to get the information i need to make an informed decision

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RyanK View Post
    I looked at this module couple of months agto when setting up my site. Searched hi and low for pricing and i could not find anything on how much per month or what percentages were taken from each sale.
    I don't suppose it ever occurred to you to look at the ozpost.net website?

Figured if someone designed it and wasnt making this information easily acceptable then theres more to it and havent thought twice about it.
    In other words, you are far more interested in how much it costs rather than whether it is going to be suitable for your needs.
    You also figured wrong. This info is/was just 2 clicks away in your admin control panel.

I trawled through this forum trying to find the information and even when asked directly no answer was still given.
    I'll be nice this time and make no further comment about this claim, but please don't ever feed me billshot again. I WILL take you to task on it and you will end up being publically embarrased and you will call me all sorts of nasty names... Stick with facts and we'll get on just fine :-)

What is the go. Im struggling with the current shipping modules need something that will offer shipping and a delivery option for me to hand deliver items locally.
    Could you better explain what you mean? What kind of 'shipping' are you looking at? Do you wish to price your shipping cost based on weight? per Item? by Distance? By location? by Coutierr? ALL of these? How about some items by weight, others by pickup only?

What I'm saying is that shipping quotes is a complex process, so it isn't much of a surprise for some people to struggle with it, and this is also why there are so many different shipping modules/methods. No two stores are alike, there is no one solution that suits everyone, and more often than not you will need to make a compromise between what you would like and what is actually possible,

Finding the whole process frustrating and near im[possible to get the information i need to make an informed decision
    Frankly I don't see how knowing the subscription costs is going to help you make an informed decision about whether ozpost it is suitable for your needs or not, which is why you get to try it for a full 2 months before even thinking about offering mandatory ongoing financial support.

Anyway, this is also not the place to discuss the pros/cons/costs of commercial software/subscription services, which is really the only reason I avoid mentioning them here. They are readily available on the server site itself.

This forum/thread is here to support users of the ozpost module. If/when you decide to give it another go and you need help/support then please feel free to ask , otherwise you are simply wasting everyones time, including your own.

Rgds
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Hi Rod, I have a parcel that is coming out as
    Calculated: Length=29.00cm, Width=25.00cm, Height=2.50cm, Weight=1gms, NumBoxes=1

but it is allowing 500gm satchel that wont fit that size. I have not selected restrain dimensions or use core weight.

Also how can I stop it from showing the larger satchels when they are way too big?

Thanks
    Jazzah

Here is the rest of the debug info

Parcel under 250gm</description></quote><quote><id>RPPi</id><cost>7.50</cost><days>2</days><description>Insured Parcel under 250gm</description></quote><quote><id>REG</id><cost>7.50</cost><days>2</days><description>Registered Parcel under 250gm</description></quote><quote><id>EXP</id><cost>8.40</cost><days>1</days><description>Express Parcel under 500gm</description></quote><quote><id>PPS3</id><cost>10.30</cost><days>1</days><description>3Kg Satchel</description></quote><quote><id>EXPi</id><cost>11.35</cost><days>1</days><description>Insured Express Parcel under 500gm</description></quote><quote><id>PPSE3</id><cost>11.70</cost><days>1</days><description>3Kg Express Satchel</description></quote><quote><id>PLT</id><cost>12.30</cost><days>1</days><description>Platinum Parcel under 500gm</description></quote><quote><id>PPSE3XL</id><cost>14.60</cost><days>1</days><description>3kg XL Express Satchel</description></quote><quote><id>COD</id><cost>15.05</cost><days>2</days><description>Cash On Delivery </description></quote><quote><id>PLTi</id><cost>15.25</cost><days>1</days><description>Insured Platinum Parcel under 500gm</description></quote><quote><id>PPSP3</id><cost>16.30</cost><days>1</days><description>3Kg Platinum Satchel</description></quote><quote><id>PPSE5K</id><cost>19.10</cost><days>1</days><description>5kg Express Satchel</description></quote><quote><id>PPSE5KXL</id><cost>21.15</cost><days>1</days><description>5kg XL Express Satchel</description></quote><information>

Plugin Contributions

Hi Rod, I have a parcel that is coming out as
    Calculated: Length=29.00cm, Width=25.00cm, Height=2.50cm, Weight=1gms, NumBoxes=1

but it is allowing 500gm satchel that wont fit that size.
    Why Not?

1gm is less than 500gm
    29cm is less than 353cm
    25cm is less than 220cm

Also how can I stop it from showing the larger satchels when they are way too big?
    Did you read the changes.txt and/or configuration.txt files?

There have been changes made to the way Satchels are quoted as a result of discussions earlier in this thread. If you prefer the old behaviour you need to select ALL satchels (which will cause the server to return only the most suitable satchel). The other option is for you to disable the larger satchels.

This current code isn't set in stone, and the problem we are trying to fix has taken a fair bit of thought as to how to fix it for those that have it, without breaking it for everyone else... The current code does achieve this, but it also has this unwanted site effect which poses its own problems because the side effect is essentially what was needed to fix the original problem.

If you (or anyone else) have any ideas or suggestions as to how I can make a *better* fix then I'm all ears...

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post
    Why Not?

1gm is less than 500gm
    29cm is less than 353cm
    25cm is less than 220cm

Hi Rod, what are the dimensions used for the 500gm satchel? The last time I did a maths class, 25 cms was not less that 22cms? Has that changed?

Jazzah

Plugin Contributions

[quote=RodG;989423] If you prefer the old behaviour you need to select ALL satchels (which will cause the server to return only the most suitable satchel). /quote]

Damn that stuffs me up as we don't use regular post anymore, it must be express or registered so there is some tracking. Also we don't have the Xl satchels.....not sure what to do now.