Page 144 of 226 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154194 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 2252
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ozpost shipping module

The arrogance in your reply obviously shows me you are over defending yourself. The ozpost website when i look had no pricing on it. Actually the thread on this forum you were defending yourself for not having pricing readily available so i gave up. I searched for hours for a clear answer.

As for knowing price as to weather it is suitable to my needs if i didnt know what i was being charged then i have no way of gauging if its suitable to my needs. New businesses starting out need to know how much its going to cost.

On your website now it says 60 days free.Upgrade for $5.00 a month but a 12 month subscription is $94. As a business owner who thinks this could be a good module to use im not willing to take a second look unless the person im doing business with has full disclosure of costs associated with their product.

I dont need to go into any detail on how i intend to ship if the person i would consider doing business with cant even openly disclose how much there going to charge me.

Plugin Contributions

RyanK

First of all I am not associated with Rod but a customer of his for a long time and I know the time and effort over the years that Rod has put into this and the asisstance that he has offered to so many people of the zen community.

You say that the prices are hard to find . They are clearly stated on his web site http://shop.vcsweb.com/index.php?mai...roducts_id=207

There, it also clearly states: "under $5.00per month. (36 month subscription)". The 12 months is $94.95 which provides still a nice saving over the other options. How much more clear you need it to be?

Rod has never hidden the prices and has always kept everyone uptodate with everything (sometimes I wonder when does he sleeps). How many other systems are for free with a Post office module (plus everything else) that offer a 60 days trial? Personally I know none and believe me that I have spend plenty of time searching.

By the way I have been using the module for years and never had a problem.

As it looks like that you are new to zen cart maybe you want to try everything first including the free 60 day trial from Rod before you start making complains. Who knows maybe zen-cart is not for you and you can go and find one of the many systems where you can pay for everything huge amounts of money, just a thought :-)

My apologies for going on but when someone is unfair to a member of the community then the community needs to open its mouth and it is nothing personal as such.

Plugin Contributions

hi rod

sometime in the last couple of days the only post method is walk in, everything is set and enabled as it should be for the ozpost module but it only shows walk in

how/why could the ozpost module stop working ?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by netgirlz View Post
    sometime in the last couple of days the only post method is walk in, everything is set and enabled as it should be for the ozpost module but it only shows walk in

how/why could the ozpost module stop working ?
    I need more info, but the first question is, has your subscription expired? (I can't check this without knowing your store name or URL).

You can also try enabling thje DEBUG option to see if that offers any clues.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RyanK View Post
    As for knowing price as to weather it is suitable to my needs if i didnt know what i was being charged then i have no way of gauging if its suitable to my needs.
    Your logic is flawed. The first thing you need to do is determine whether any given software is going to be suitable for your needs. The cost/charges associated with that software should *always* be of secondary importance.

If the software doesn't do what you need then it doesn't matter if it is free or costs $1million. The cost has no bearing on functionality.

Only AFTER you have identified *suitable* software for your needs is the time to compare the cost benefits of what is available.

I beleive I have already determined from some of your other posts that ozpost probably doesn't suit your needs, so, since it is of no use to you I will be happy to let you use it totally free for as long as it is unsuitable.

There. you can now make your business decision about which shipping module(s) to use without having to worry about the costs and charges.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

I need more info, but the first question is, has your subscription expired? (I can't check this without knowing your store name or URL).

You can also try enabling thje DEBUG option to see if that offers any clues.

Cheers
    Rod
    Hi rod

we are running an old version of ozpost (v 1.02) and were not aware of the subscription, this morning we took out the 3yr subscription option, but it is still only showing store walk in

the debug info appears to be showing the correct info

the store url = http://www.babycarriages.com.au

the store has been operating faultlessly for over 2 yrs

what else can be causing this error ?
    Last edited by netgirlz; 5 Feb 2011 at 02:06 AM.

Plugin Contributions

we are running an old version of ozpost (v 1.02) and were not aware of the subscription,
    The subscriptions are for access to the server, not the client software.

I suggest that you check your spam filters and/or the mail originating from the contact form of your website, because I have sent at least three personal mails to you via this method over the last few months and apparently you haven't recieved any of them :-(

this morning we took out the 3yr subscription option, but it is still only showing store walk in
    It should be working now (it can take a few hours for me to process the orders). Yours was done in less than two :-)

the store has been operating faultlessly for over 2 yrs
    Well, ALMOST faultlessly... the shipping module has only been providing static quotes since last September (When your free trial period expired), and it *probably* stopped working completely just a few days ago. The emails I sent via your contact form was to warn/inform you about these impending actions/changes.

Also, now that I know who you are (or more specifically, the name of your store) you *should* be pleased to know that I have actually gone out of my way and made special efforts to try to contact you ... The reason... according to our log files, your store is among the top ten most active zencart stores in Australia (#7). congratulations,

Anyway, sorry for any disruption caused, but again, please do check that messages sent via your contact form are being recieved, because if you missed mine you could also be missing many others

Cheers
    Rod.

ps. It might also be worthwhile upgrading your ozpost module at some stage in order to take advantage of the various courier options, which will be ideal for some of your larger items.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Rod, It would be great to know who the top 10 most active zencart stores are in Australia, that way we can support them some more. Are you able to share? Would anyone have any concerned about sharing this?

Plugin Contributions

Ok I have done a search and have not been able to locate an answer to my question. But am also here slightly anxious that I am going to ask something stupid and waste your time. Which I honestly never intend to do, even when the bleeding obvious is staring me in the face!

So here goes and please be gentle if I have missed it.

We have had a number of orders recently that have come out flat rate as they have exceeded the girth for Australia Post. The problem is a customer put through a massive order and was only charged $25 postage to get to rural WA from Melbourne and has refused to pay more. This leaves me in a really horrible situation, do I refund the massive order or take it on the chin and not make a profit after postage eats it all? (its not quite that massive to make up for the postage shortfall)

Is is possible to have customers be advised they will be provided with a postage cost within 24 hours? or to contact us for one? instead of the flat rate for exceeded dimensions?

Thanks
    Jazzah

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jazzah View Post
    Hi Rod, It would be great to know who the top 10 most active zencart stores are in Australia, that way we can support them some more. Are you able to share?
    Able, Yes. Willing, No.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzah View Post
    Would anyone have any concerned about sharing this?
    The reason I'm not willing is because someone in the list is sure to be concerned and possibly claim misappropriate use of data. In reality, the only data kept is a 'hit counter' for each store, and this isn't a valid guide on its own, as some stores display shipping quotes on the shopping cart page, others only show them when the estimate shipping button is clicked, and I haven't taken OsCommerce into account, which only uses the server during checkout.

I'm happy to provide individual store owners their own data if/qhen asked though.

Cheers
    Rod