Page 214 of 226 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216224 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,140 of 2252
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ozpost shipping module

Thanks Rod that seems to be working now. Except...
    Last night I got an order for Austinmer that is near Wollongong. They choose Fastway as the carrier. The shipping was for $6.85. I can not see where this came from? I put the same items in the cart this morning and ran the calculator for postcode 2515 and got the same result:
    "Postage quotes are based on the postcode information you entered above.
    (0.242 KG) APPIN 2560 TO 2515 AUSTRALIA
    Available Shipping Methods Rates
    Fastway Couriers, Label (BROWN/BLACK/BLUE) 1 Days Estimated Delivery. $6.85
    Australia Post, Parcel under 500g1 Days Estimated Delivery. $7.45
    Fastway Couriers, A3 Satchel (ORANGE) 1 Days Estimated Delivery. $8.40
    Australia Post, Express Parcel under 500g 1 Days Estimated Delivery. $10.20"
    I am not sure where the price for the A3 came from either. It is local to the depot but the pricing is off.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by robbie269 View Post
    Local delivery - Brown label is $7.95 by the brochure.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Rod that seems to be working now. Except...
    Last night I got an order for Austinmer that is near Wollongong. They choose Fastway as the carrier. The shipping was for $6.85. I can not see where this came from? I put the same items in the cart this morning and ran the calculator for postcode 2515 and got the same result:
    "Postage quotes are based on the postcode information you entered above.
    (0.242 KG) APPIN 2560 TO 2515 AUSTRALIA
    Available Shipping Methods Rates
    According to their Quick-quote page $6.85 is the correct cost. There's no way for me/ozpost to change this because the label rates are obtained directly from this server.

I am not sure where the price for the A3 came from either. It is local to the depot but the pricing is off.
    The A3 Satchels are more troublesome than the other satchels which for the most part are the same cost regardless of the distribution point. The A3's however have a different cost for each distribution point - Well, perhaps not ALL, but certainly many.

I originally created the data tables to provide the highest price I found for these ($8.36 - rounded up to $8.40), and I've been slowly (very slowly) updating these according to the distribution point. IOW, unless I've noted (or been informed otherwise) that actual costs are lower, then the quotes provided will be higher than expected (Rule#1 of the ozpost system is to "Protect the merchant from underquoting".

Until now I've not gotten around to checking/adjusting for the Woolongong prices and have noted that the A3 Local satchels for Woolongong are listed at $6.85, so that is what I've currently adjusted them to. I suspect that this may not be correct according to your more current pricelist though, so if you could update me on the price you have for these I'll make another adjustment for you.

Cheers
    RodG

Plugin Contributions

Local delivery - Brown label is $7.95 by the brochure.
    Until Fastway update their servers I would suggest you consider adding an extra $1.00 to the FastWay label handling fees to compensate for this discrepancy.

Not the best of solutions by any means, but there is no way I'd like to take on the task of maintaining our own data tables for all label types and all distribution points. It's a tough challenge just keeping tables for the 4 satchel types/sizes. The thought of trying to do the same for all ten(?) label colours, plus the excess labels seems like too much needless work, especially when until now I've been able to grab this info from their website in real time.

FYI, I'm currently awaiting a reply from FastWay in regards to the current prices and the outdated information on their website. Alas, because I'm not actually a FastWay customer I'm not really holding my breath waiting for a response though.

Cheers
    RodG

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post
    Until now I've not gotten around to checking/adjusting for the Woolongong prices and have noted that the A3 Local satchels for Woolongong are listed at $6.85, so that is what I've currently adjusted them to. I suspect that this may not be correct according to your more current pricelist though, so if you could update me on the price you have for these I'll make another adjustment for you.
    The whole thing sounds like a lot of work on your part! I only lost 10c on the order as I put it in a A4 satchel at $6.95. So it can all wait until Fastway sort out their website PDFs. I'm trying to just use the National A4 and A3 satchels for now and only need the labels for a couple of larger items I stock. I will see how I go for the next order that chooses the Fastway option.

Plugin Contributions

Rod
    I have returned to trying to upgrade ZC from 1.3.9.h to 1.5.4 as I gave up last time. I upgraded ozpost to 365a on my ZC 154 site on my Windows 8.1 test machine and receive the message re the admin/includes/boxes ... file is unwritable.
    Checking File : E:\Web\bmhstore154\aadmin/includes/boxes/extra_boxes/clicknsend_customers_dhtml.php
    Error Folder : E:\Web\bmhstore154\aadmin/includes/boxes/extra_boxes/ is Unwritable.

The admin/includes/boxes folder does not exist in ZC154 so I created
    admin/includes/boxes and
    admin/includes/boxes/extra_boxes

then it installs.

Bailey

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by OldNGrey View Post
    Rod
    I have returned to trying to upgrade ZC from 1.3.9.h to 1.5.4 as I gave up last time. I upgraded ozpost to 365a on my ZC 154 site on my Windows 8.1 test machine and receive the message re the admin/includes/boxes ... file is unwritable.

The admin/includes/boxes folder does not exist in ZC154 so I created
    admin/includes/boxes and
    admin/includes/boxes/extra_boxes

then it installs.

Bailey
    Thanks. I'll look into that for the next update. I suspect this has something to do with it being on a windows based server.

The boxes file/folders aren't needed or used with ZenCart v1.5.x (or ozpost) and the ozpost preinstall tests are supposed to skip testing for them. Apparently this didn't work as it was supposed to with your installation.

Cheers
    RodG

Plugin Contributions

Hi Rod,
    This will be the first module I've installed on Zencart.
    Is there a step by step instructions floating around ( for dummys ) to get this up and running ?

Cheers
    Ian

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by igwell007 View Post
    Hi Rod,
    This will be the first module I've installed on Zencart.
    Is there a step by step instructions floating around ( for dummys ) to get this up and running ?
    This module, like all ZenCart modules (?) has a file contained within the zip file that contains installation instructions.

To make things easier for you though.

Step#1. Download the ozpost.zip file.
    Step#2. Unzip the files to a convenient location on your computer.
    Step#3. Copy the following files to your store (keeping the same folder hierarchy) /includes/modules/shipping/ozpost.php
    /includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/ozpost.php

Optionally, copy the /images/icons/ozpost_*.* to your store.

Step#4. Log into your store and select modules/shipping, locate the module Ozpost MultiQuote).
    Step#5. Click 'Install' button
    Step#6. Set your shipping methods and packaging & handling fees.
    Step#7. Click the 'update' button to save your settings.

That's pretty much it.

Note: The ozpost.zip file contains several files that are not mentioned here. Most are simply text files that contain more detailed information about the the various configuration settings. These do not need to be uploaded to the server.
    In order for the module to function it only needs the *two* files mentioned in step#3.

No code changes are needed.

Email me at [email protected] if you experience any errors during installation, or have questions regarding configuration.

Cheers
    RodG

Plugin Contributions

I just install the ozpost module and it works fine so far, only 1 error is that my Shipping Estimator disappear?

here is the error message " Possible error updating the template file, if you experience problemw please replace tpl_module_shipping_estimator.php with a zen cart original and try again?