Page 45 of 226 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ozpost shipping module

Hi Rod,

I've started to get the following error display when estimating shipping.

"Warning: curl_setopt() [function.curl-setopt]: CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION cannot be activated when in safe_mode or an open_basedir is set in /home/homann/public_html/store/includes/modules/shipping/ozpost.php on line 739"

Any clues what might be causing this?

Cheers,

Peter.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Homann View Post
    Hi Rod,

"Warning: curl_setopt() [function.curl-setopt]: CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION cannot be activated when in safe_mode or an open_basedir is set in /home/homann/public_html/store/includes/modules/shipping/ozpost.php on line 739"

Cheers,

Peter.

Your webhost has changed something.

Having said that, I'm not sure if the CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION is actually needed these days. If memory serves me correctly, The setting allows/disallows whether URL requests follow redirects or not, and with the current server setups there are no relelevent redirects in place, so you could try commenting that line out.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Rod, commenting it out seems to have done it

Cheers,

Peter.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Homann View Post
    Hi Rod,

Cheers,

Peter.
    ps. You could also try adding this:

Code:
    curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HTTP_VERSION, CURL_HTTP_VERSION_1_0);
    Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

ozpost Shipping Module does not work on our site www.grizzlengrouch.com/store
    test product: www.grizzlengrouch.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=26&products_id=88

shipping estimator just refreshes without showing the ozpost options if curl is off, and does not show anything half the time if curl is on.

Standard install: ozpost V1.0.2

I have installed the ozpost shipping calculator on 15 websites and although it sometimes buggy I has always ended up working in the end.
    My first thought was that it could be something on the server because this is the first time I have worked on this server and it is configured differently that what I am use to; But...
    I just tested the ozpost shipping module on a different server which has not had problems in the past with the same template monster template that I customized for this site and I have the same problem; so maybe something in the template monster template pack (inc sql patch) is causing the problem, I am not sure.

Maybe I will put this on the commercial help wanted section later.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by vandiermen View Post
    shipping estimator just refreshes without showing the ozpost options if curl is off, and does not show anything half the time if curl is on.
    cURL must be enabled.

I have installed the ozpost shipping calculator on 15 websites and although it sometimes buggy I has always ended up working in the end.
    My mate Spock and I both find this to be illogical. A program cannot be 'sometimes buggy'. It either has bugs, or it doesn't. The fact that it "has always ended up working in the end", is simply an admission that you have been doing something "wrong" with the installation(s) when first installing... Unless of course you have had to modify the ozpost code itself to get things going, in which case you haven't helped anyone other than yourself by doing so.

My first thought was that it could be something on the server because this is the first time I have worked on this server and it is configured differently that what I am use to; But...
    This is logical.

just tested the ozpost shipping module on a different server which has not had problems in the past with the same template monster template that I customized for this site and I have the same problem; so maybe something in the template monster template pack (inc sql patch) is causing the problem, I am not sure.
    It could be - Certainly seems that way at the moment.

If you could enable cURL and repost the link to a product showing the problem I'll see if I can give any further clues. However, I'm pretty confident that your problem is going to end up being something amiss with your input data - Do keep in mind that cURL must be enabled though. (The next release isn't going to make this an option).

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

When I posted the question the cURL was on and it is still on

Use cURL?
    Yes

Plugin Contributions

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I have just installed the ozpost shipping module, and have found that it suits my requirements perfectly.

There is one thing I am a bit confused about, and that is the prices that are returned. All of the parcel prices seem to be about 20% lower than what is quoted when using the calculator provided on the Australia Post website.

For example, a regular parcel within 50Km at 250-500 grams is quoted at $5.60, whereas the ozpost module quotes $4.61.

Are these calculated at discounted rates, or is it more likely that I have a configuration problem?

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Simon

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by swatts View Post
    Hi,

There is one thing I am a bit confused about, and that is the prices that are returned. All of the parcel prices seem to be about 20% lower than what is quoted when using the calculator provided on the Australia Post website.

For example, a regular parcel within 50Km at 250-500 grams is quoted at $5.60, whereas the ozpost module quotes $4.61.

Are these calculated at discounted rates, or is it more likely that I have a configuration problem?

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Simon

I tested this a few weeks ago; be sure to enter the exact same origin post code that is used in your store and destination location used in calculator tests, as aust post charge differently if the post code is out even just a little bit. After I did this I got the exact same calculation as on the aust post website.