Page 49 of 226 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ozpost shipping module

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post
    For those of you that have asked for 'ozpost' to support 5kg Express parcels, the server now supports this method.

If you don't want to wait for the next ozpost release to take advantage of this, you can enable it yourself by editing:
    /includes/modules/shipping/ozpost.php, then locate the line that reads:

. if ((in_array("Prepaid Express Satchel", $this->allowed_methods)) && (( $id == "PPSE5" ) || ( $id == "PPSE3" )))

and change it to:

if ((in_array("Prepaid Express Satchel", $this->allowed_methods)) && (( $id == "PPSE5" ) || ( $id == "PPSE3" ) || ( $id == "PPSE5K" )))

Save your changes. That's it.

Cheers
    Rod
    Thanks Rod for providing this update, much appreciated. Is it possible to also provide similar for the 3kg XL Express Satchel? I also notice that the handling fee does not get added for the express satchel. Can you please confirm?
    Thanks again.
    Mark

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mark168 View Post
    Thanks Rod for providing this update, much appreciated. Is it possible to also provide similar for the 3kg XL Express Satchel? I also notice that the handling fee does not get added for the express satchel. Can you please confirm?
    Thanks again.
    Mark
    Apologies, handling fee is correctly calculated and displayed.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mark168 View Post
    Thanks Rod for providing this update, much appreciated. Is it possible to also provide similar for the 3kg XL Express Satchel?
    I'm still seeking official details in regards to these Satchels (price and size). I know I can obtain this information from other sources, but until I can find something from Australia Post themselves I must assume that these aren't currently in widespread use, and as such it wouldn't be wise to offer them as an option.

If you know of any links to the info I require I'll be more than happy to add them.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

For those of you that have asked for 'ozpost' to support 5kg Express parcels, the server now supports this method.

Cheers
    Rod
    Awesome.. Thanks Rod..

Plugin Contributions

I'm still seeking official details in regards to these Satchels (price and size). I know I can obtain this information from other sources, but until I can find something from Australia Post themselves I must assume that these aren't currently in widespread use, and as such it wouldn't be wise to offer them as an option.

If you know of any links to the info I require I'll be more than happy to add them.

Cheers
    Rod
    I fully understand Rod. The 3Kg XL satchel has the same dimensions as the 5Kg XL. They are available over the counter at Doncaster and Box Hill Post offices in Victoria. I will check with the Australia Post staff about availability elsewhere. the 3Kg XL Express satchel is not currently advertised on the Australia Post website. I am on an Australian Post Contract deal due the number of orders posted annually, We have been using these bags for the past 2-3 years.
    Thanks again for providing these modules to us on Zencart.
    Regards Mark

Plugin Contributions

I am considering switching over the the oz post module but I'm just wondering if there is an easy way to do it as I have a lot of stock.

Is it possible to leave my existing postage setup running while I add all of the dimensions for my stock or will I need to disable that to have the relevant fields in the listing to show? It is going to take a long time to edit these details!

A friend of mine has this module and she said that when you create a listing and duplicate it the dimensions don't copy. Is there a way to have them duplicate with the product too? I do this A LOT as I have a lot of stock that is the same except for the colour or picture (eg. paint... different names, colours and pictures but overall everything is the same)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by amyleew View Post
    I am considering switching over the the oz post module but I'm just wondering if there is an easy way to do it
    What makes you think that there is an easy way AND a hard way?

Is it possible to leave my existing postage setup running
    Sure.

Just as with most other modules you can run as many (or as few) as you like.

while I add all of the dimensions for my stock or will I need to disable that to have the relevant fields in the listing to show? It is going to take a long time to edit these details!
    In order to get the dimension fields to show you'll need to install the ozpost module. They remain intact even if/when you disable or uninstall the module.

Whether you choose to run the ozpost module (for actual quotes) alongside your existing module, or whether you wish to run one or the other seperately is a matter of personal choice.

The ozpost module will provide quotes based on weight alone, but without the dimensional data it cannot determine the difference between letter and parcel rates, nor can it determine whether pre-paid satchels are a viable option. Also, if your items are subjected to the Australia Post "cubing rules" then those items will end up being underquoted.

In short, the dimensional data is mainly used for categorisation rather than being necessary.

A friend of mine has this module and she said that when you create a listing and duplicate it the dimensions don't copy. Is there a way to have them duplicate with the product too?
    Yes, I guess this is possible, but it is outside of the realms of the requirements for a shipping module. It probably isn't going to be *difficult* to do either, Theory dictates that it is just a matter of identifying which of the many zencart files is responsible for product duplications and modifying the code to include the additional fields.

I do this A LOT as I have a lot of stock that is the same except for the colour or picture (eg. paint... different names, colours and pictures but overall everything is the same)
    Almost any reasonable web developer with a little php experience should be able to modify your code to help with this. It wouldn't surprise me if someone hasn't already done it themselves already. If so, they may even speak up and give you specific instructions (one can hope).

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

I have finally gotten this module to work

The problem I am having now though is, the measurements for the products do not "copy" when i duplicate a product.
    The weight will duplicate over but the measurements will not.

Is this supposed to be like this or is there an error somewhere.... or better yet (wishful thinking on my part) - is there code or a setting I need to add/fix to get this to work.

Kind Regards

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by integrity_designs View Post
    The problem I am having now though is, the measurements for the products do not "copy" when i duplicate a product.
    Please see my reply immediately before this one (last couple of paragraphs).

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Yes, I guess this is possible, but it is outside of the realms of the requirements for a shipping module. It probably isn't going to be *difficult* to do either, Theory dictates that it is just a matter of identifying which of the many zencart files is responsible for product duplications and modifying the code to include the additional fields.

How would this be done though? (which files etc) I am only just learning PHP / Zen Cart etc.

Kind Regards