Page 51 of 226 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ozpost shipping module

Quote Originally Posted by HelenC13 View Post
    I think I've figured it out - I think it was the gms / kgs that had me confused because in the description page it is kg's, but I had selected gms,
    I have to admit that this (the weight factor) is one of the things that trip most people up. The reason being is that their is no 'connection' between what is displayed on screen (text) and the actual value of the 'units' that the shipping modules use. It is up to the end user make the correct match.

Quote Originally Posted by HelenC13 View Post
    and the extra packing it adds was bringing them to over 500g, so I've conquered that by just having it add 2%
    thanks!
    Congratulations ... far to many people (in my opinion) set this to 0%,
    It is actually a pleasure to meet someone that realises/appreciates that in some instances the tare weights can make a significant difference in cost.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

I have just installed the ozpost module and am getting "Unexpected error (no valid methods). Using AP Flat Rate. "

Strange thing is that when I set debug on, it works.

When I did the install I had to change some code in ozpost.php as below as $pcode had NONE causing an error.

I have tried with cURL set to yes.

I am sure that is is something stupid I am doing. Thanks for any help.

----------------------------------

function install()
    {
    global $db;

$result = $db->Execute("select configuration_value from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_key = 'SHIPPING_ORIGIN_ZIP'" ) ;
    $pcode = $result->fields['configuration_value'] ;
    -->> if ($pcode == 'NONE') {
    -->> $pcode = 2000;
    -->> }
    Last edited by rhodie1000; 4 Mar 2010 at 01:46 AM. Reason: Add more info

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rhodie1000 View Post
    I have just installed the ozpost module and am getting "Unexpected error (no valid methods). Using AP Flat Rate. "

Strange thing is that when I set debug on, it works.

When I did the install I had to change some code in ozpost.php as below as $pcode had NONE causing an error.

I have tried with cURL set to yes.

I am sure that is is something stupid I am doing. Thanks for any help.

----------------------------------

function install()
    {
    global $db;

$result = $db->Execute("select configuration_value from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_key = 'SHIPPING_ORIGIN_ZIP'" ) ;
    -->> $pcode = 2000;
    -->> }
    I found the solution. I had gms selected and not Kgs. Thanks to RodG.

Plugin Contributions

I see from your followup post that you have solved your problem, however I thought I'd explain a bit about about the postcode change that you thought you needed to make.

-->> $pcode = 2000;
    -->> }
    What this piece of code is actually doing is *during installation* extracting the store location postcode from the zencart "shipping and packaging" configuration settings and using the information to populate the "dispatch postcode" field of the ozpost module.

IF the "shipping and packaging" values haven't yet been set (and yours apparently hasn't) then the installation would/should set a valid, but arbitary value (9999, I think) rather than leaving the field empty (which would produce an error).

Regardless of the outcome of this test and insert, it is still only a *default* value that can be changed at any time with the "dispatch postcode" field of the ozpost module.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Have a Drink Re: ozpost shipping module

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post

IF the "shipping and packaging" values haven't yet been set (and yours apparently hasn't) then the installation would/should set a valid, but arbitary value (9999, I think) rather than leaving the field empty (which would produce an error).

Cheers
    Rod
    Rod, Thanks for the detailed reply. As you can see, I am a newbie to Zen Cart and I did eventually realise my mistake with the post code.

Your response is much appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

I have a problem that is described in the link to the post below. "Dimensions do not display for my parcels. I get Dims: xx Boxes: ".

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...1&postcount=70

The answer here is that it is a bug. This is the only reference I can find. I am sure that it is another silly mistake on my part and was wondering if anyone knows the answer.

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

I have a problem that is described in the link to the post below. "Dimensions do not display for my parcels. I get Dims: xx Boxes: ".

The answer here is that it is a bug. This is the only reference I can find. I am sure that it is another silly mistake on my part and was wondering if anyone knows the answer.

Thanks.
    Hey Rod,

Probably a stupid question with an easy fix, and most likely not ozpost related..

I've created 8 separate zones and installed zonetables to get around the over 20kg limit and calculate freight for each state, but the shipping estimator does not show up states, which renders the zonetables option useless unless the user is registered.

I attempted to un-comment out the relevant states settings in the tpl_modules_shipping_estimator.php file, but all that did was break the estimator..!

Any clues..?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Dean View Post
    Hey Rod,

Probably a stupid question with an easy fix, and most likely not ozpost related..

I've created 8 separate zones and installed zonetables to get around the over 20kg limit and calculate freight for each state, but the shipping estimator does not show up states, which renders the zonetables option useless unless the user is registered.

I attempted to un-comment out the relevant states settings in the tpl_modules_shipping_estimator.php file, but all that did was break the estimator..!

Any clues..?
    Sorted it out.. grabbed an original file and dumped that it, now I have all three options, Country, State and Postcode...

Plugin Contributions

Thanks.
    It's a bug.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Rod,

I'm doing my head in here..

I use the Prepaid Satchels as an option, and in the estimator, and or at checkout, if that option is available, it displays

3kg Prepaid Satchel Express

I want to rename it Express Satchel

But I cannot find the instance anywhere where 3kg Prepaid Satchel Express is documented..