Page 56 of 226 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ozpost shipping module

Quote Originally Posted by jenpen View Post
    Can't work this one out... have installed OzPost with just one option (regular parcel/air parcel) for within Australia/international. Doing some test orders to try it out. If I order one DVD it comes back with postage of $4.35, but if I change the order to 20 DVDs the postage remains at $4.35. I've got the debugger on and I can see that it's stacking 20 items on top of each other to get the correct dimensions, and the weight is correct, but still just $4.35? What's going wrong?
    The log files indicate that the weight of your DVD is 1gm. 20 of them = 20gm (plus 10% tare = 22gm).

A 22gm parcel costs the same as a 1gm parcel, namely $4.35.

You won' get accurate quotes unless you provide accurate data.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Got you - sorry, I thought Aussie Post calculated the deadweight from the dimensions and actual weight was not relevant.
    Thanks, Jen

Plugin Contributions

I just went back and tried to purchase 100 DVDs, out of interest, but now there's no shipping method available at all
    Your DVD's are set with a height of 4cm.
    100 of these stacked on top of each other gives a height/length of 400cm.
    This exceeds the 105cm limit imposed by Australia Post. They will not accept the parcel and the ozpost module reflects this by not providing a quote.

To cater for larger parcels than Australia Post will handle you'll need to provide an alternate shipping method.

Cheers
    Rod.

ps. A new version of ozpost is currently being tested. The new version will support TNT shipping rates to help overcome the AustPost limits. However, a TNT account will be required.

pss. If there are any ozpost users reading this and has a TNT account and would like to help with the testing please PM me.

Plugin Contributions

Got you - sorry, I thought Aussie Post calculated the deadweight from the dimensions and actual weight was not relevant.
    Thanks, Jen
    Both the weight and the dimensions are important.

The weight being most important because it is used in all calculations. The dimensions are required to enable the module the ability to 'sort' according to the size of the "parcel" - eg, for letters, large letters, different sized prepaid satchels, maximim limits, and the cubing rules for parcels.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

ps. A new version of ozpost is currently being tested. The new version will support TNT shipping rates to help overcome the AustPost limits. However, a TNT account will be required.
    This is excellent news. I have another client who is unable to use OzPost because he's always sending oversized cartons. He'll be happy to use TNT.

Thanks Rod for your prompt replies. Jen

Are they still fiddling with the AP server?
    I have parcels within Aust calculating correctly.
    And letter weights displaying correctly but displaying the wrong price
    eg
    Letters to 125g adding $2.10
    Letters to 250g adding $3.00
    Letters to 500g adding $6.05

And overseas parcels / letters not working at all anymore (which worked fine early yesterday morning)

Plugin Contributions

OK, so now that I'm just about there with sorting out Ozpost, the client has decided that they will get a distributor for the US. So they wish to take orders from US customers and charge for goods plus shipping, but only local US shipping, not international. The US people will handle the distribution.
    I can use table rates just for US customers, easy, but is there a way to prevent Ozpost coming up as an option for US customers?
    Any ideas much appreciated... Jen

Plugin Contributions

but is there a way to prevent Ozpost coming up as an option for US customers?
    Any ideas much appreciated... Jen
    To prevent it coming up for all overseas orders is just a matter of deselecting the overseas shipping methods.

To prevent it showing for US customers only will require custom coding.

You'll probably need similar custom coding in the UPS module too (to prevent it showing up for Australian customers).

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

I will need to use OzPost for "rest of world". I might just use Table Rates (for US zone definition only) rather than UPS. And I was thinking that if I leave OzPost as is, it will still come up as an option for US customers but the charge will be so much higher that they won't select it (unless they're really silly, then let them pay!)

Plugin Contributions

Default ozpost V2.0.3

Attachment 7353

Hi Folks,

Attached to this post is a zip file containing the latest ozpost module. (ozpost2.0.3,zip)

As with previous update postings into the forum this is not a complete distribution file set. It only contains the two files required to upgrade an existing installation.

As well as bugfixes, this new update introduces support for TNT and FastWay Courier quotes.

I still have a little more work to do with some of the cosmetic aspects of this upgrade, but the basic functionality seems quite stable so I figured I'd let you guys n gals have a chance to try it out before I package it up and upload it to the downloads area.

Please let me know of any problems or errors that you may find.

Cheers
    Rod
    Last edited by RodG; 26 Oct 2011 at 10:42 AM.