Plugin Contributions

Default Getting an old Zen shop up and running on my PC (Wamp)

Hey all,

I ran a webstore powered by Zencart some years ago and would now like to get the shop up and running on my own PC for my own 'pleasure'.

What I have managed to do so far:

I have all the homedir etc files and databases as backups. I am successully running some other php/mysql thingies with my Wamp environment on my pc (mysql/php) (a new Joomla site project for example) so I know my Wamp is working correctly.

I have successfully moved all zen datafiles to a folder under wamp/www but run into trouble with the zen database import. Phpmyadmin wouldnt import such a large file (14 megs, limit 2 megs) and then I dloaded and installed a HeidiSQL software with which I was somewhat able to import the zen file but am not rly sure what I am doing - did I manage to import the db or just view it?

My shop at localhost gives error:
    "0 DB_ERROR_NOT_CONNECTED" aka my database is not yet alright.

Some things that sprung to my mind and would like to ask some help with (Would be greatly grateful for anyone who has a moment to help me with this, should be easy for a pro) :)

* Importing the zen.sql with phpmyadmin/Heidisql? How to do it, might I have managed it? I see a database called zen in the correct place now (in my sql databases, my working joomla databases etc are there too) so I think I managed to import it with Heidi.
    * ...But I am not sure what my zen database tables were called (prefix), so this might be why my shop cant connect to database? Is there a way to check this in my shop's homedir files - what was my databases's correct name in the old day? (I had just named my backup's zen and a date.. didnt know I need more info someday and have forgotten it!)
    * I have the homedir files - so can I see in any zencart file what is the name of the database and tables connected to them? Probably a silly easy question but I couldnt find anything when I glanced..
    * How to rename the database and all the tables? I am pretty sure my webhost required me to use my account name as a prefix in all db names, so a zen.sql just cant be correct. But I can't remember how shortened my account/site name in the prefix names was and what was the db name have a clue tho.. so I might easier recognize it in homedir files.
    * Password for database? It hasnt prompted anything and I am unsure if I will remember it anymore. Might this become a problem? I may be able to find a password somewhere but rly hope I wont need it.

My Zencart was live with the newest version last time in fall 2005. :) I don't need to get it running on a live server now or anything, just wanna view it for myself. Thanks for any input!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Getting an old Zen shop up and running on my PC (Wamp)

You should be able to see the old database name in your /includes/configure.php file.
    You most likely had to create a database before importing the old info (don't know heidiSQL), so you will need to use the name, user and password from that in your configure.php (both /includes/ and /admin/includes/).

Plugin Contributions

Thank you. :)

Was just playing around and found that file and was able to change the url into localhost and change the database name and password to the ones I use for my wamp - and now I am able to see my shop's front page ok and click on the categories.

Some text pages work fine, but when I try to view any page with products I get:

1054 Unknown column 'p.products_id' in 'on clause'

Also on frontpage, at the very end of the page I get:

Fatal error: Call to a member function Execute() on a non-object in D:\wamp\www\Meta\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 72
    (doesn't appear on other pages though)

What might be the problem? How to view my products?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Verah View Post
    1054 Unknown column 'p.products_id' in 'on clause'
    Quote Originally Posted by Verah View Post
    Also on frontpage, at the very end of the page I get:

Fatal error: Call to a member function Execute() on a non-object in D:\wamp\www\Meta\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 72
    Those messages are both pretty good indicators that you're using an older version of Zen Cart that's not compatible with the newer version of PHP that you're using.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I see. Yes that is very much the case. My Zen shop is from 2005 and my php is the newest. I kinda thought php might be compatible backwards.

Will have to think what to do about this. I don't want to mess my pc with an old php version, I am working on newer sites and I want things to be up-to-date. :)

I don't actually want to or even intend to update my shop at all, just need it running on wamp so I could get some reference screenshots for myself.