Plugin Contributions

red flag Automatic "capture" on Authorize.net problem

About 9 out of 800 orders have gotten mangled somehow. The customers that we have talked to say "I got some kind of error at checkout." It turns out to be a serious error--the customer's card gets charged but no order gets stored in ZenCart.

If the customer is new, a customer account gets created, but we get no order for that customer. The "number of logins" shows 0.

If the customer already exists, the "last logon" fails to show the date they placed the mangled order.

My operations manager tells me she's been getting occasional "blank" orders after downloading from ZenCart into our database. She has been deleting these. I've asked her to STOP deleting them so we can see whether they are created by these failed ZenCart orders.

I use Authorize.net as my payment gateway. All the appropriate customer info shows up on Auth.net, so I can see that the customer makes it through to the "confirm my order" step of the checkout process but then gets lost somewhere between the handoff to auth.net and the return to the "completed order" page.

This is a CRITICAL issue for me. I would stop using the "capture" option immediately, but that would eliminate my ability to deliver softgoods immediately to my customers. I currently give customers two choices: they can have their credit card charged instantly, with instant access to my digital products, or they can submit a credit card to be charged later.

Version info:
    My site is at: www . lampstandpress . com / ZC / index.php
    I'm using ZC 1.3.8. Not upgraded.
    I have made a number of "look and fee" changes to ZC, but I don't THINK my customizations should affect the payment module.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Automatic "capture" on Authorize.net problem

1. Are you using the AIM module? https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=373
    2. Have you enabled debug-log-to-file in your AIM module settings? What's in the logs? (located in the /cache/ folder)
    3. When did this start happening?
    4. What exactly is the error the customers are seeing at checkout?
    5. You might try also installing the Debug Log Utility (different from the payment module debug logging) to catch any ongoing PHP errors. https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=82
    6. What version of PHP and MySQL is your server using?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Automatic "capture" on Authorize.net problem

1) I'm NOT using the AIM module. I'll switch from SIM to AIM right now.

2) I'll enable the debug-log-to-file in AIM while I'm at it.

3) We opened our store on Feb. 27 and have about 9 incidents that date back from early March to yesterday.

4) We haven't been able to get a customer who can describe exactly WHICH error they're seeing, but I've got my staff waiting to catch the next one when it happens.

5) I had installed the enable_error_logging.php file in the past and checked the cache to see if anything showed up there. No DEBUG-xxxxxx.log files are present. But now that I look at my extra_configures directory, I don't see enable_error_logging.php there. I'll reinstall it.

6) I've gone through my whole PHP and MySQL interface but can't find which version I'm using. I'll email my webhost to see which one it is.

Thanks for your help with this. And it's always a joy to deal directly with Dr. Byte--the man, the myth, the legend!