Plugin Contributions

Default Securing downloadable products when store is located in root of hosting account

I have my zencart installed in the root of my hosting account, and am not able to move the downloads folder above the level it is already at. Is there some other way to secure the downloads folder against unauthorized downloading? I am using godaddy.. Thanks in advance..
    Grasshopper, GOT BOOK? - I don't, and I am constantly in here begging for help and Donating to Zen Cart in feeble attempts to bribe the developers for help. Get your copy today and avoid my fate!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Securing downloadable products when store is located in root of hosting account

Why not just rename the folder, instead of moving it up a level? If redirect is on then unless you tell someone the name of the renamed folder, nobody should be able to find it.

Either that or get a hosting company that doesn't limit you like that.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Securing downloadable products when store is located in root of hosting account

Well, I had figured that when someone purchased a file to download they would see the link and it would contain the folder name, allowing them to go and browse it.. Am I mistaken?
    Grasshopper, GOT BOOK? - I don't, and I am constantly in here begging for help and Donating to Zen Cart in feeble attempts to bribe the developers for help. Get your copy today and avoid my fate!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If you're using Redirect mode or Streaming mode, then the directory name is never shown to the customer.
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=292
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=280
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=121

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

sorry to but in

I am having the same challenge

so If I understand correctly my downloads are secure if I have redirect on?