Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Code to display Featured Category with Description, Manufacture URL, BuyNow button

Hello,

I also have a requirement to display

Product Name
    Product Image
    Product Description
    Product Manufacture URL
    Product Price
    Buy Now buttom/ Sold out button.

I have searched but din't find the solution / code any where in the thread (may be it would be there some where)

But, as I have achieved the functionality I wanted to share this so that others can use this. Let me know if any thing is wrong here. I am also a beginner to zencart (started before 4days )

So here is the code...

NOTE:: This is for the latest version 3.8

Go to /includes/modules/featured_products.php

May at line number 67 you will find a while loop

-----------
    while (!$featured_products->EOF) {
    $products_price = zen_get_products_display_price($featured_products->fields['products_id']);
    }
    ---------

REPLACE THE WHILE LOOP WITH THE CODE BELOW

while (!$featured_products->EOF) {
    $products_price = zen_get_products_display_price($featured_products->fields['products_id']);
    $products_desc = substr(strip_tags(trim(zen_get_products_description($featured_products->fields['products_id'], $_SESSION['languages_id']))),0,100).'…';
    $vendor_name = zen_get_products_manufacturers_name($featured_products->fields['products_id']);//this is the manufacture name
    $vendor_id = zen_get_products_manufacturers_id($featured_products->fields['products_id']);//this is the manufacture name
    $vendor_link = '<a href="'.zen_href_link('index', 'manufacturers_id='.$vendor_id, 'NONSSL').'">'.$vendor_name.'</a>';
    $buy_now_link = zen_get_buy_now_button($featured_products->fields['products_id'],'<a href="' . zen_href_link($_GET['main_page'], zen_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $featured_products->fields['products_id']) . '">' . zen_image_button(BUTTON_IMAGE_BUY_NOW, BUTTON_BUY_NOW_ALT) . '</a>&nbsp;');

if (!isset($productsInCategory[$featured_products->fields['products_id']])) $productsInCategory[$featured_products->fields['products_id']] = zen_get_generated_category_path_rev($featured_products->fields['master_categories_id']);

$list_box_contents[$row][$col] = array('params' =>'class="back"' . ' ' . 'style="width:' . $col_width . '%;"',
    'text' => (($featured_products->fields['products_image'] == '' and PRODUCTS_IMAGE_NO_IMAGE_STATUS == 0) ? '' : '<div class="d_imgbox"><a href="' . zen_href_link(zen_get_info_page($featured_products->fields['products_id']), 'cPath=' . $productsInCategory[$featured_products->fields['products_id']] . '&products_id=' . $featured_products->fields['products_id']) . '">' . zen_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $featured_products->fields['products_image'], $featured_products->fields['products_name'], IMAGE_FEATURED_PRODUCTS_LISTING_WIDTH, IMAGE_FEATURED_PRODUCTS_LISTING_HEIGHT) . '</a></div><p>') . '<a href="' . zen_href_link(zen_get_info_page($featured_products->fields['products_id']), 'cPath=' . $productsInCategory[$featured_products->fields['products_id']] . '&products_id=' . $featured_products->fields['products_id']) . '">' . $featured_products->fields['products_name'] . '</a></p>'.'By '.$vendor_link.'<p>'.$products_desc.'</p><p>' . $products_price.'</p><p>'.$buy_now_link.'</p>');

$col ++;
    if ($col > (SHOW_PRODUCT_INFO_COLUMNS_FEATURED_PRODUCTS - 1)) {
    $col = 0;
    $row ++;
    }
    $featured_products->MoveNextRandom();
    }

-----------------------------------

There is a css class too...

/*--- Custom css by Dharam for image box*/
    .d_imgbox
    {
    float:left;
    height:200px;
    width:90px;
    padding:5px 0px 0px 0px;
    }

put the above css class in some of the css file you are using.

THATS all - you should get the result

Let me know if there is any problem. I am attaching my featured_products.php file for your reference.

If this information would be helpful for you, I can share the source code for all the blocks with you soon.

HAPPY ZENCARTING

Regards
    Dharam
    dharam.new######################
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Code to display Featured Category with Description, Manufacture URL, BuyNow butto

Forgot to tell that ..

this is for displaying the featured product - in the content area of the main page (HOME PAGE).

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Code to display Featured Category with Description, Manufacture URL, BuyNow butto

Thanks for adding the solution that worked for you on Featured Products ... this is always a help to others to see alternative coding solutions ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks!

Do you know how to lessen the space between products and also between the product name and line of description?

a l e x a n d e r g i f t s . c a

Cheers,

Robbie

Plugin Contributions

Just a note - Zen Cart v2.0 will have options for showing the prices, descriptions etc. in the listings boxes and listing pages and the ability to have customized layouts for both.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Cool, I read about 2.0 and how a lot of popular mods/effects and special coding will be built-in.

But till it's good to go sans bugs may be a while...any way to lessen the spaces till then?

R

Plugin Contributions

I realized the issue only arose by using this mod, which I didn't even need because I only wished to display the name, description and price...all do-able through Admin.

R

Plugin Contributions

And now I just remembered that the description does not show in Featured through standard ZC! I read other posts to get around this, but couldn't control the length of the description text.

So this mod is back on my site, even though I'll likely only use the description and maybe the price, and I would once again like to adjust the spacing. (I blocked out // the lines of code for name, price, id and the two links.)

Cheers,

R

Plugin Contributions

Are you having any problem now...

There is a css class where I have given a fixed height to the image block.

Let me know if I can help you out..
    Regards
    Dharam

Plugin Contributions

Now I have two issues, one as currently seen on the site and another when I try to center everything with one item per row, which I would like when there are just two items. Though let's start with what you now see.

I tinkered around some more and, going back to your original code for featured_products and stylesheet.css, I now have what's on the site at a l e x a n d e r g i f t s . c a where the item names and descriptions lap over the images.

The only adjustment I did to your files was block out // in featured_prods lines 68 and 70-73 for price, name, id and the two links.

In Admin, this is what I have under Config-Featured Listing:

Display Product Image 1101
    Display Product Quantity 0
    Display Product Buy Now Button 0
    Display Product Name 1201
    Display Product Model 0
    Display Product Manufacturer Name 0
    Display Product Price 0
    Display Product Weight 0
    Display Product Date Added 0
    Display Product Description 150
    Display Product Display - Default Sort Order 8