Plugin Contributions

Default Shipping Address Error

We have a few products that are marked as FREE SHIPPING. In the product info we have that Shipping Address is NOT required. A user goes through the process and does not enter their shipping address. however, when they click "PAY" they get back an error and their payment doesn't go through. We then get an e-mail saying that their shipping address is wrong. The e-mail comes from zencart. Here's the beginning of it:

ALERT: PayPal Direct Payment Error (10726 )
    Dear store owner,
    An error occurred when attempting to initiate the payment-validation transaction. As a courtesy, only the error "number" was shown to your customer. The details of the error are shown below.

Invalid Data
    There's an error with this transaction. Please enter a complete shipping address.10727
    Invalid Data
    There's an error with this transaction. Please enter an address1 in the shipping address.10728
    Invalid Data
    There's an error with this transaction. Please enter a city in the shipping address.

Zen Cart message: 10726 Invalid Data - There's an error with this transaction. Please enter a complete shipping address.

--------------

What is causing this and how can we fix?? This is rather urgent as payments are not going through for tickets to an event in the near future!!!! Thanks in advance! :-)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Shipping Address Error

Ok, this *just* started happening to me on a cart which has been working fine for a long time... did you ever get any ideas??? I assume the error is coming from paypal???

my error message is:
    010728 Invalid Data - There's an error with this transaction. Please enter a city in the shipping address.

and there IS a shipping address there. As a matter of fact, the person who is shopping bought from us a few weeks back with the same address, no problems.

we have tried re-entering the address, deleting the cart contents and starting over, no joy...

Oh, and her cart was a mix of virtual and 'real' items. So was her last purchase (which worked fine!)

am off to write to paypal... would love to know if you have any ideas?? :-)

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

1. What version of Zen Cart?
    2. Please provide the logs from the transaction (ref: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61199) ie: turn on the log-to-file, recreate the problem by doing the transaction again, use FTP to download the log files, zip them, and upload the zip to your server, and PM me with a link where I can download that zip file for analysis.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

1.3.9p3 (want to upgrade but have some custom mods which need to be integrated!)

logs on their way - thanks!!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

"1.3.9p3"? What's that? Zen Cart has never published a "1.3.9p3" version.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You can delete the log zip file.

Your customer has entered two telephone numbers separated by a "&" sign, instead of just one telephone number.
    Either submit one telephone number or at least remove the "&" symbol, and try again.

Oh, and your logs are betraying you. Evidently you're using v1.3.8a, not v1.3.9p3 or whatever you thought you had.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    You can delete the log zip file.

Your customer has entered two telephone numbers separated by a "&" sign, instead of just one telephone number.
    Either submit one telephone number or at least remove the "&" symbol, and try again.
    Will do - thanks!
    I kept looking at the actual shipping address and seeing nothing different from her last order (a few weeks ago!) - now I know to look further. Have asked her to try again. Will report back

Oh, and your logs are betraying you. Evidently you're using v1.3.8a, not v1.3.9p3 or whatever you thought you had.
    I meant 1.3.8p3 - that is what my 'version' screen says sorry about the typo... I have applied all 1.3.8 patches, but have not upgraded to 1.3.9 yet as my new install of 1.3.9 argues with some of my mods (maybe whatever made it be a p3??).

Anyway, off to play with the new install again...

thanks SO much!!!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by redheads View Post
    Will report back

heard back from same customer - it worked!!! Thanks SO much!