Plugin Contributions

Default Paypal orders not showing up in admin all of a sudden

I've been using paypal successfully on my store for 2+ years with no problems. I get an email today from paypal with a payment made to us for an order but no order is showing in my admn section. I haven't upgraded or changed anything so NO idea what's going on. I haven't received any logs saying something is going wrong. I tried logging into paypal directly to check if anything is up but can't find where to verify the info to my site.

any thoughts? I am now going to have to email the customer to see what they purchased (kind of embarassing).

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal orders not showing up in admin all of a sudden

We are having the same problem, and I have run all the tests available on our side to ensure the issue is not with our ZC installation, nor our server set up, etc.

Our server is communicating OK with PayPal (ran the ipncheck.php file).

We installed pushorders to make sure our code was OK (you may want to do this too, as it enables you to "force" the order if PayPal's reply IPN is not received by your website).

Switched on debugging - and got NO report back on the test transactions... plainly indicating that PayPal is NOT sending an IPN.

We now see that a paypal payment has been made via their email, then in our Admin, we use pushorder to complete the process. (A bit frustrating that nothing is written into the IPN tables, but we can live with that).
    Last edited by schoolboy; 28 Mar 2009 at 09:23 AM.
    20 years a Zencart User

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

It could be a PayPal problem ... they were doing maintenance yesterday ... http://www.paypaldeveloper.com/t5/bl...id/mts_updates

If you still aren't getting notices, log a support ticket with PayPal. www.paypal.com/mts

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the responses. I'll go ahead and try to do another test today and see what happens. I will also look into the pushorders app.

thanks again